Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[NA] Inhouse Game Discussion - October

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard October 5, 2014 6:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 10:42am | Report
I'm going to be completely honest here because I think that's the way these inhouses can be improved. I feel like OTG and amanda mentally resign themselves to defeat when they get behind. Whenever I'm on their team and they get behind this is the feeling I get. Now this may not be true, it is the feeling I get when playing with them and I let it negatively affect my play.

My favorite in house was when we had bronze 5 MrMukwubstep top playing crittlesticks. He was literally 0-8 15 minutes into the game, but the rest of our team was silver/gold refs like mowen & barb who were just playing to have fun and we ended up somehow winning that game. If the only way you have fun is winning, that means 5 people have to lose so maybe inhouses aren't the place for you.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 10:47am | Report
I try to just not talk when I'm doing badly because I tend to be kind of negative, but that kind of annoys some people so I've started talking more .-.

For what it's worth, I am sorry about that. I don't have a healthy attitude about myself period and it gets worse when the game isn't going well.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 11:14am | Report
I'm going to be completely honest here because I think that's the way these inhouses can be improved. I feel like OTG and amanda mentally resign themselves to defeat when they get behind. Whenever I'm on their team and they get behind this is the feeling I get. Now this may not be true, it is the feeling I get when playing with them and I let it negatively affect my play.

My favorite in house was when we had bronze 5 MrMukwubstep top playing crittlesticks. He was literally 0-8 15 minutes into the game, but the rest of our team was silver/gold refs like mowen & barb who were just playing to have fun and we ended up somehow winning that game. If the only way you have fun is winning, that means 5 people have to lose so maybe inhouses aren't the place for you.

It has nothing to do with losing. It's when a game immediately becomes onesided I get annoyed. My time isn't infinite. I don't enjoy wasting my time on games like that. I work too hard all week to have the one thing I look forward to every weekend turn into a **** stomp.

Like, I really can't understand how we're not allowed to be upset about these kinds of things. Cause lately I feel like a damn criminal for having an issue with it.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 12:25pm | Report
I try to just not talk when I'm doing badly because I tend to be kind of negative, but that kind of annoys some people so I've started talking more .-.

For what it's worth, I am sorry about that. I don't have a healthy attitude about myself period and it gets worse when the game isn't going well.

I think the i was probably doing worse. I made a lot of dumb mistakes mainly being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, things that i might even do normally and am fine with but because of the skill difference i was being punished for and i didn't correct myself mid game.

The one complaint i would make about your play is when i hooked lucian and went in on him i felt like you didn't follow up, which personally bothers me because i like to play aggressive and when i'm with an adc that doesn't i feel like i'm making good hooks and calls but my adc would rather farm than kill them and then farm/get tower pressure after.

But considering i only made one decent hook in bot lane and all the rest came as a result of base defence i clearly didn't play well at all.

Even then the issue is still my fault. Farming is completely fine and in that situation i would encourage it. I need to be aware of that and play less aggressive. For the future i will probably pick a passive/poke oriented support more like sona or soraka or morgana and play that instead, or teemo...

tl:dr There was a conflict of playstyles and i didn't identify that and adapt to it. Support has to play with the best interests of the ADC in mind and i wasn't doing that. I had to harass and zone instead of try to hook and go.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 1:21pm | Report
I get your annoyance as a support player myself (been there, done that), but I had probably 1/3 of the Lucian's CS at best through most of the laning phase and if I got into Leona's range I was basically dead. I didn't really want to engage them, but I should have actually said something instead of just ignoring it, this isn't solo queue after all.

I also should have played an ADC I'm actually comfortable with playing (e.g. Graves, Quinn, Vayne) rather than picking Ezreal because he's safe and playing super passively (and badly). Had I picked someone like Quinn, your aggressive playstyle might have meshed better, because I tend to bully with her.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 2:32pm | Report
You say you hate stomps and yet you consistently play oppressive snowballing champions against lower tier players. Of course I'm going to play passively against a champion that simply counters me in terms of damage and trading potential. I literally did not have the cool downs to win any trades with you by a very large margin. I'm pretty sure your win rate in inhouses is ridiculous in my eyes for this very fact alone. (Barring games you were support or something non damaging). Who knows, maybe I'm just not there when you lose with these champions, but I generally seem to see it on the winning side. And I always seem to end up on the receiving end of it. I get that I am simply being outplayed and what not, and I should just get better and blah blah blah, but seriously. How can I not get upset when this happens every week? I know I'm not the only one who feels like they simply get hunted by the higher tier people at times.

Did you just ****ing say I consistently play snowball champions? Excuse me? Don't get confused with me getting fed from me playing actual snowball champions. If I wanted to make your life miserable I would've played Akali, Riven, Katarina. Those are actual snowball champions. Syndra has a lot of counterplay, you just don't see it because you're too busy getting mad at the higher tier players for playing any champion. I don't purposely choose champions "specifically to stomp lower tier players", in fact have you EVER seen me play Syndra besides that inhouse? No, because I don't even play Syndra that much. I've played her only 5-6 times prior. I chose her because I wanted to know how to play her better. Hell, I barely play mid lane in inhouses because I'm always filling in roles for other players which places me in the ADC role, and even then the only real snowball champion I play in that lane would be Vayne, which I play only every once in awhile. I also don't agree with you that Viktor has less trade potential than Syndra, I literally only saw you use your skills to last hit minions instead of focusing on harassing me, you never took advantage of my weaknesses so don't misconstrue misplay from champion kit. My time isn't infinite either, I actually sacrifice time to even play in these inhouses and you think I like one-sided stomps? The ****? If I'm gonna host inhouses, I want them to be the closest games you can't get in normals. But, do you know how many requests I get when I'm host to have someone not paired with x person, or have person with x person because they are together, or get a complaint because x person is playing x champion. I'm sorry but if people are going to ask for special requests of course there's going to be a harder time balancing. If you don't like these inhouses and think you can improve them, please sign up to be a referee and host these inhouses in my place, because obviously I'm doing a terrible job. I understand why you would be mad at a stomp, everyone hates losing, but the difference between players that I see that comeback from those types of stomps is that they talk with their team-mates about what they can do to win the game in a constructive manner, instead of bringing the team down with negativity and believing it to be a lost cause.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Well **** me for speaking my mind I guess. I give up.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 4:12pm | Report
Bryun, take a breath.

I understand that refereeing is hard, particularly in NA Inhouses, and you get a lot of slack for apparently unbalanced teams. You may be thinking that OTG sounds a bit ungrateful of you right now, particularly since you're sacrificing your own time to host these games.

At the same time, I think that maybe you're being just a tad bit harsh on OTG. Instead of just all-out attacking him (which you are, let's be honest), you can talk through things a bit more constructively - talk a bit more about the Syndra/ Viktor matchup. About what people can do in order to play from behind. I think at the very least you don't have to tear him a new one and talk to him like a person, because he might actually have a point.

He doesn't like one-sided stomps, you don't like one-sided stomps. That's a common ground to start working together, not against each other.

Maybe your refereeing does suck. Maybe you aren't doing a good job. I'm not saying you are, but the way you sound is as if OTG sounds absolutely stupid for implying it (not even actually saying it). You talk about not being negative, but you're certainly spewing a lot of that aura right now. And if OTG is on the losing side every time, maybe something is actually wrong with the balancing. Or possibly OTG is just a really bad player. Either way, you can work towards solving both instead of just having an angry rant about how you're having a really bad time refereeing and want to stop because it really doesn't solve anything.

It also doesn't really cost you that much to handicap yourself against a lower tier enemy laner, even if it is just slightly. Syndra is a pretty oppressive champ if she gets ahead. That's one of the reasons she was nerfed in 3v3s. That power didn't change in 5v5s and the fact that she can basically 100-0 anyone she stuns if ahead is really oppressive against lower tier players. Syndra also has a really favourable matchup against Viktor.

Yes, OTG doesn't necessarily know how many requests you get for preferential treatment of some people and it still not working out but, at the same time, you don't really know what it's like to be playing as OTG. Thus, you two can open a dialogue instead, so you can actually get to understand that a bit more about each other, rather than it being one-side rants at each other.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 4:53pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Bryun, take a breath.

I understand that refereeing is hard, particularly in NA Inhouses, and you get a lot of slack for apparently unbalanced teams. You may be thinking that OTG sounds a bit ungrateful of you right now, particularly since you're sacrificing your own time to host these games.

At the same time, I think that maybe you're being just a tad bit harsh on OTG. Instead of just all-out attacking him (which you are, let's be honest), you can talk through things a bit more constructively - talk a bit more about the Syndra/ Viktor matchup. About what people can do in order to play from behind. I think at the very least you don't have to tear him a new one and talk to him like a person, because he might actually have a point.

He doesn't like one-sided stomps, you don't like one-sided stomps. That's a common ground to start working together, not against each other.

Maybe your refereeing does suck. Maybe you aren't doing a good job. I'm not saying you are, but the way you sound is as if OTG sounds absolutely stupid for implying it (not even actually saying it). You talk about not being negative, but you're certainly spewing a lot of that aura right now. And if OTG is on the losing side every time, maybe something is actually wrong with the balancing. Or possibly OTG is just a really bad player. Either way, you can work towards solving both instead of just having an angry rant about how you're having a really bad time refereeing and want to stop because it really doesn't solve anything.

It also doesn't really cost you that much to handicap yourself against a lower tier enemy laner, even if it is just slightly. Syndra is a pretty oppressive champ if she gets ahead. That's one of the reasons she was nerfed in 3v3s. That power didn't change in 5v5s and the fact that she can basically 100-0 anyone she stuns if ahead is really oppressive against lower tier players. Syndra also has a really favourable matchup against Viktor.

Yes, OTG doesn't necessarily know how many requests you get for preferential treatment of some people and it still not working out but, at the same time, you don't really know what it's like to be playing as OTG. Thus, you two can open a dialogue instead, so you can actually get to understand that a bit more about each other, rather than it being one-side rants at each other.

My first post was purely constructive criticism. I had no other motive to write that post other than to help give OTG tips on how to play the lane better. What I'm mad about is the fact that he said I consistently play snowball champs when I don't. He basically said I'm the reason why these inhouses are stomps, how can I not take offense to that? It was a targetted insult.

sirell, I know you mean well and you're trying to keep an objectified opinion on the matter, but I can already see the bias towards OTG. This matter is only really relevant to the people who've actually played in the inhouses and understand everything that's come up to this point. I'm willing to take any criticism from any of the players that have played in the inhouses.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 4:56pm | Report
I love that it's considered an insult for stating an observation. Do I get another round of interrogation for this? the one after the purelulz fiasco was delightful.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide