Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

[NA] Inhouse Game Discussion - October

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard October 5, 2014 6:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10305
Joined:
Jan 8th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Having fun is a mindset, you're not in the right one.


That statement is entirely opinion. Everyone has fun in different ways. I don't have fun by being mercilessly stomped or stomping people, even if I or the other person is "learning" something.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
207
Joined:
May 27th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:33pm | Report
And that gets to the crux of the matter. You don't have fun if it's a stomp. If you get behind or ganked multiple times you give up and start complaining over vent which leads to your team going on tilt and getting stomped. So you only have fun is when you go even in lane or win lane. You don't go even in lane or win lane because you play weak champs that don't fit the team comp, you have poor warding when you play aggressive or you play ridiculously passive and give a free lane to your opponent, leading to you always falling behind and beginning the stomp process. Everyone has ****ty games, you just have a defeatist attitude that prevents you from getting better. I'm not typing this **** for fun or to defend the inhouses, I'm typing this because I think, nah KNOW this is a huge factor impacting your game play and the overall 'fun' of inhouses. Moon is a perfect example of someone that can get frustrated in game, but doesn't give up or let it affect following games. I'm being 100% honest that if you want to get better or have more fun playing league, you need to start with yourself.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2365
Joined:
May 1st, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:03pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Because you misunderstood (and continue to misunderstand, it seems) that he meant no insult and his observation was not condescending, either. Those are interpretations you imposed on it yourself with no real basis other than the fact that you were really irked by what he said. I'm not disregarding anything he said. The only real 'affront' would be that he claims you said something that is inconsistent with your behaviour. Again, I also did not say I'm look at it 'objectively' and I'm pretty sure I implied the opposite if anything. I said I'm calling it how I'm seeing it, which is not necessarily 'objective' by any means of the word.



You say you hate stomps and yet you consistently play oppressive snowballing champions against lower tier players. Of course I'm going to play passively against a champion that simply counters me in terms of damage and trading potential. I literally did not have the cool downs to win any trades with you by a very large margin. I'm pretty sure your win rate in inhouses is ridiculous in my eyes for this very fact alone. (Barring games you were support or something non damaging). Who knows, maybe I'm just not there when you lose with these champions, but I generally seem to see it on the winning side. And I always seem to end up on the receiving end of it. I get that I am simply being outplayed and what not, and I should just get better and blah blah blah, but seriously. How can I not get upset when this happens every week? I know I'm not the only one who feels like they simply get hunted by the higher tier people at times.


No matter how many times I re-read it to try and understand how I shouldn't take offense to this, it's just not working. I understand his logic behind his reasoning, I just understand why it's an increasing problem mainly for OTG himself. It's because the way he sees the game should be played isn't the same as what everyone else believes it to be, and I didn't want to bring any personal issues out into the public but to make you understand better his attitude is not always the best when he starts losing lane/game (which Nebrasketball is trying to point out). What I mean by you trying to be objective is when you bring up a subject and state whether or whether not it is true, and trying to state an opinion on a matter which seems pretty objective to me.


sirell wrote:

Ah, I made a mistake here. I thought you were referring to your reply to OTG after what he said. That was my bad. Even so, I think things escalated a tad bit quickly. Your reply could have been as constructive as your initial post was, but it wasn't. Also, trying to describe him with 'inferiority complex' in this context can really be considered quite tactless.


I said inferiority complex because it was a joke. In the inhouses a player named Kazega used to say that a lot so I used it to be funny.

sirell wrote:

You're sensing things that aren't there. I bare no hostility towards you, but I am slightly startled by just how much malice seems to come out of your recent posts, even towards me despite the fact I haven't really displayed any misgivings towards you. This is what I mean by you're imposing your own interpretation on things. Of course, I'm doing much in the same vein, but I'm not doing it with anywhere near as heavy a prejudice as you seem to have.

Again, you assume I can have nothing useful to say just because I wasn't there. This is like saying I can have no opinion nor make suggestions on, say, the current Hong Kong protests because I'm not there. It's complete fallacy to say that. On top of this, I have the screenshots and the written accounts of people who were there, so why can I not make suggestions based on that? Even if I didn't, what is to say I can't make sensible suggestions on how an inhouse can be run? It just sounds like you're also irked at me because I'm an outsider looking like I'm 'interfering'. Even Wayne has already highlighted something I've said to you and you say you're not going to take what I say seriously? Honestly, you can do a lot better than that. I'm just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet that you've offered an opinion on something that is completely irrelevant to you at some point in your life, even if you don't know it.


When I say your opinions and comments aren't useful it is because we literally have used everything you've offered, and tried to improve on it already. I saw Wayne's comment and I took it into account already, I just didn't say anything about it because I'm still trying to find a solution to that problem after we have been trying to for so long already. I mean you can research about something from a outside viewpoint, but people who are actually serious about the matter tend to experience it themselves. I apologize for my small amount of malice towards you, but you can't deny what you called out has an opinion favoring OTG's moreso than mine.


Just remember that ultimately these games were supposed to be fun and everyone's seemingly taking this way too seriously.


These games are played for fun, I for one don't see inhouses in a serious matter at all. Just because I do well doesn't mean I take it like a ranked game. I can have fun and play well at the same time. This is continually brought up but what you're saying and your behavior of the game are two different things. I want you to have fun, I really do. But everything I have tried to do to help you have a better time ends up you just raging and quitting in the end. I can't fix attitude.

Anyways, if you have anymore problems with my reasoning feel free to inbox me, if it's about the inhouse post it on here.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:36pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

No matter how many times I re-read it to try and understand how I shouldn't take offense to this, it's just not working. I understand his logic behind his reasoning, I just understand why it's an increasing problem mainly for OTG himself. It's because the way he sees the game should be played isn't the same as what everyone else believes it to be, and I didn't want to bring any personal issues out into the public but to make you understand better his attitude is not always the best when he starts losing lane/game (which Nebrasketball is trying to point out). What I mean by you trying to be objective is when you bring up a subject and state whether or whether not it is true, and trying to state an opinion on a matter which seems pretty objective to me.


I honestly don't see in anything you've said a reason to be offended in the way that you are. It just seems you're slightly sensitive to something he said, but you don't seem to pinpoint what exactly this is. Is it because he says that the issue may be with the higher tier players (in this case, you), whilst you think the issue may lie more with his attitude?


Bryun wrote:

When I say your opinions and comments aren't useful it is because we literally have used everything you've offered, and tried to improve on it already. I saw Wayne's comment and I took it into account already, I just didn't say anything about it because I'm still trying to find a solution to that problem after we have been trying to for so long already. I mean you can research about something from a outside viewpoint, but people who are actually serious about the matter tend to experience it themselves.


The last part is not necessarily true and especially not the case in this context. Are you trying to say that I'm not serious about the matter? Because I assure that I am. The truth may simply be that there is no real solution or compromise to this problem, especially since people seem so easily at odds with each other in-game.

Bryun wrote:
I apologize for my small amount of malice towards you, but you can't deny what you called out has an opinion favoring OTG's moreso than mine.


I don't deny it, but this is no reason for malice (I don't hold it against you, either). It just really seems to me that your response to him far escalated his response to you. Perhaps OTG could have phrased it less accusatory, but your following post was rather disproportionately excessive in comparison. That's basically the core of what I was trying to say. I think you disagree with me, but that's just the way of things.

Still, I hope you guys continue to try to work your issues out.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10305
Joined:
Jan 8th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:37pm | Report
Hello, Mobafire. OTG here to apologize for any behavior I have been exhibiting in this thread. This is not indicative of Bryun, inhouse or anyone else, in reality. If you wish to know more, please PM me, or keep living your lives if not. Back on to actual mobafire inhouse stuff in this thread now.
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
291
Joined:
Dec 13th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:46pm | Report
Hello, Mobafire. OTG here to apologize for any behavior I have been exhibiting in this thread. This is not indicative of Bryun, inhouse or anyone else, in reality. If you wish to know more, please PM me, or keep living your lives if not. Back on to actual mobafire inhouse stuff in this thread now.


I don't think there is a need to apologize my good sir, all we're seeing here is the true feelings coming out o.o, I think the best part about this is the call outs towards attitudes now despite what seems like an ongoing thing and instead of stating this the second it started occurring, and taking steps to deal with it, it's been festering for use as something to be used in an argument.

It also seems like the focus on this current inhouse, instead of taking a step back and looking all around towards players attitudes, all chat conversations, and champion picks/item builds with them, has been ignored when looking at why these inhouse games turn into stomps overall. Where's the research? The statistics? Problematic players? Etc. I can tell you that I've only won around one to two games out of my duration of playing inhouses. I've got just as much of a loss problem as OTG does.

All in all, a problem with people losing consistently has been shown, but it looks like its just being accepted and tossed aside. Balancing issues can't be the only problem at hand.

Questionable stuff indeed.
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The S4 Guide Contest!-

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:52pm | Report
You're stuck in this never ending cycle where you're not getting better, but not taking the correct steps to improve.

I spend 90% of my time in game mentally beating myself up over mistakes .-. That may not be the correct way to improve, but that's what I do.

First game this week, for example. Spent most of the game barely talking, internally beating myself up over every little screw-up. You'll note I didn't sit here and blame the person I was laning with for losing our lane. I know perfectly well I made that lane about 1000x harder than it needed to be simply by doubting myself and picking the "safest" pick I could think of instead of something I was actually comfortable playing.

I also seem to think confidence means something needs to be improved rather than thinking I might have a reason to be confident and tend to beat myself down when I start feeling that way.

I absolutely have no qualms about calling out other players' mistakes after games, it's true. I don't feel like it helps to just say "well, I suck *** and that's why we lost" after the fact when it's pretty clear I was not the only one making mistakes and I've already spent most of the game telling myself how ****ty I am.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2365
Joined:
May 1st, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:26pm | Report
sirell wrote:
I honestly don't see in anything you've said a reason to be offended in the way that you are. It just seems you're slightly sensitive to something he said, but you don't seem to pinpoint what exactly this is. Is it because he says that the issue may be with the higher tier players (in this case, you), whilst you think the issue may lie more with his attitude?


Being blamed for something you didn't even do would make anyone offended, I just don't see how you don't see that at all.


sirell wrote:

The last part is not necessarily true and especially not the case in this context. Are you trying to say that I'm not serious about the matter? Because I assure that I am. The truth may simply be that there is no real solution or compromise to this problem, especially since people seem so easily at odds with each other in-game.


I'm saying someone who hasn't experienced the inhouse would not know as much as someone whose actually played in one.

sirell wrote:

I don't deny it, but this is no reason for malice (I don't hold it against you, either). It just really seems to me that your response to him far escalated his response to you. Perhaps OTG could have phrased it less accusatory, but your following post was rather disproportionately excessive in comparison. That's basically the core of what I was trying to say. I think you disagree with me, but that's just the way of things.

Still, I hope you guys continue to try to work your issues out.


summary: I'm tired of hearing the same accusatory statement repeatedly and I got offended when he directed it towards me when I've done nothing to help him.

NateDog13 wrote:

I don't think there is a need to apologize my good sir, all we're seeing here is the true feelings coming out o.o, I think the best part about this is the call outs towards attitudes now despite what seems like an ongoing thing and instead of stating this the second it started occurring, and taking steps to deal with it, it's been festering for use as something to be used in an argument.

It also seems like the focus on this current inhouse, instead of taking a step back and looking all around towards players attitudes, all chat conversations, and champion picks/item builds with them, has been ignored when looking at why these inhouse games turn into stomps overall. Where's the research? The statistics? Problematic players? Etc. I can tell you that I've only won around one to two games out of my duration of playing inhouses. I've got just as much of a loss problem as OTG does.

All in all, a problem with people losing consistently has been shown, but it looks like its just being accepted and tossed aside as a problem. Balancing issues can't be the only problem.

Questionable stuff indeed.


I don't know what you mean by not talking to the people with attitude problems, because the hosts have definitely done that. It's just simply a player doesn't like another, and I'm not going to not let a player play because they aren't liked. Also, none of that stuff is ignored at all, there are just thing you can't control in a game because if a person wants to play a certain champion, no one's going to say they can't, it's their choice. All-chat conversations are almost non-existent in NA inhouses and when there is most of it is just bantering.
Some of the hosts have actually talked about the problematic players in efforts to remedy the situation. No one accepts these problems, things are just more apparent when they do happen.
I'd be glad to hear what you think the problems are regarding your losses in the inhouse are, because it is indeed questionable. :)

IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1306
Joined:
Sep 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:39pm | Report
Damn everyone here is talking about the problems with the inhauses, how about something good about it?

Personally I love the inhauses I find it really fun to play with people higher and lower then you, it allows me to know where my skill cap is. It is this that allows me to become a better player. Hell if you remember the first time I played inhaus I did god awful and I was up against Bryan when he was akali xD, it was still pretty fun for me considering the chance of me versing people higher than gold back then was extremely low and I realized how terrible I was.

Of course we all have had bad games, there are plenty of times where I refused or quit the inhaus because of how poorly I did the game before, but hey, **** happens, and by the end of it I improve myself as a player and get to have a fun time (most of the time). Not to mention all the friends I have made because of it, if it wasn't for the inhaus i'm 100% sure that I would be just some mobafire member who made that one Tryndamere guide and not the person that a lot of people know me for.

So yea I enjoy inhauses, i've even actually considered becoming a referee because of how much I enjoy it.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Even rage can't stop you from wanting a signature. Go check out Natuhlee's Sig Shop for a great signature.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3801
Joined:
Dec 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:56pm | Report
Ah, amanda! That is the root of your problem! When you look at your blunders, you need to narrow your scope to the extent that you aren't the center of the problem. When you look at your mistakes, you should think of it something along the lines of, "I shouldn't have traded with this champion when his main damaging spell was off cooldown", or "I needed to have allotted more of a buffer zone, because my Flash was off cooldown", or "This is a cannon minion wave; I can't initiate a trade in this condition else i'll take too much damage". You get the idea :P

Throatslasher taught me that confidence is just an external validation of success. If you're looking to improve your confidence, just let someone review a game and tell you all the things you're doing right.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service


Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide