Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Joxuu's & Finpure's Nunu carry to Platinum

Creator: Joxuu September 16, 2012 6:59am
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 4:40am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I also asked Joxuu how he turned from a ~1250 elo player into a gold player so fast, but no response so far :3

He's played over 100 games. I went from Silver to Gold this season in 40 games (really pathetic to think about, so many games...). I don't see why it's curious? Unless you think he's been elo boosted... and asks them to screen shot the games, and he spectates them so that he can report back here. Sounds a little farfetched :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 4:48am | Report
I don't think that, but when he started this thread he was at ~1200-1250 elo. And I don't mean "oh, did bad in my placement matches so I'm 1250", I mean actual 1250. There's a pretty big difference between low silver and easily cruising through gold imo, that's all :)

Edit: He has already said he worked on his mechanics to become a better player, so that would explain it.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 6:03am | Report
What placement matches ? They only accurred if you hadn't played 10 pre-season 3 ranked
I started this thread at 1150 ELO Season 2.

Pre season 3 ranked games and games little bit after it determined the position for Season 3.
Riot said they will look at the current ELO and highest ELO.
My stats were around 1550 and 1499, so I got placed in Silver I.

After Silver I I played around 20ish games and now I'm at placement matches for Gold III.
I don't really mind or pay attention what people think.

I have played my ranked adventures fair and square and I think I deserve to be here after such long journey. Just keeping up with the score here for ppl who are interested / open for discussion.

I've found Gold games really easy after practicing and I think I could get as far as platinum.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 6:26am | Report
*facepalm* All I said was you were 1200-1250 before (though apparently it was 1150, my bad), the placement matches comment shouldn't be taken literally lol.

Also, I specifically said:

Wayne3100 wrote:
He has already said he worked on his mechanics to become a better player, so that would explain it.

I believe that explanation, it is perfectly plausible.
All I did before was ask how you became a better player so fast, because in one post you were ~1300 and in the next you said "I'm gold, yay!", which made me -logically- lolwut at how that happened. I am not doubting you deserve to be where you are.

Good luck on reaching plat.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 6:51am | Report
ah k. It's explained in first post and ty ;3

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 7:53am | Report
Gold III achieved :3

No screenshot, but just average Draven game.
Nothing much, quite basic game. Not much to say tbh.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 9:33am | Report
I skipped tier.

I'm actually Gold II :D

Spoiler: Click to view

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 9:40am | Report
such envy in my vains.

Sig made by elenah
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 1:43pm | Report
Congrats! I think we have our next "fresh" plat player for MobaFire :)
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2013 6:07am | Report
Lost one, Won one. Had 0 LP anyways, so it was only win win :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide