Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2018 11:01am | Report
Ronyk wrote:
Congrats on all of your recent wins VexRoth!

I'm also seeing a definite improvement on your ability to self-analyze games! Here's one I grabbed at random from page 127:

Now you're talking about the macro game- map movements, why things went wrong instead of just what went wrong. You're also providing splendid advice for those reading (taking objectives together, sunk cost fallacy, anticipating ambushes, recognizing when grievous wounds are important, etc).

Keep up the good work! I love reading about your games during my day.

Are you watching your replays to try to improve? It seems like you are. Just wondering.

Thanks Ronyk! I am happy about getting some wins under my belt on my main account. I was in a bit of a lull in my confidence, so I played some ranked on my secondary account to hone cycling. I didn't win everyone of them, but it showed me that it was a solid way of making sure my farm stayed up so I could remain relevant no matter what else was going on in the game.

At the moment I am not watching my replays. On weeknights I can generally only get three games in. Weekends I can often get more and I could devote myself to watching some replays so I'll have to think about that.

Right now my main focus is simply cycling my camps and looking at the mini-map and formulating a plan based on that. E.g. On blue side, their jungler ganks Bot I b-line it to their raptors and then their Krugs while keeping an eye on their Top and Mid laner to see if they move from lane. If the Top laners are trading I then gank Top for whatever I can get out of it. Base and buy. Then

Krugs > Raptors > Wolves > Gromp and boom two camps up on the enemy jungler.

Since I know where I have to be I'm not playing around my laners as much. I get involved when I think it would benefit our team rather than running around trying things at random.

So hmmm, I have eaten all the camps on my side of the map and I'm near Top

Invade? Are my laners in lane and pushing?
Gank? Any nearby laners trading?
Back? Item break point?
Rift Herald? Have a pink ward?
Drake? Have a pink ward?

I still need to know match-ups better so I can switch sides of the map depending on how certain match-ups go. Like I know the jungler can have a big hand in deciding the Riven vs Fiora match-up as if equal in skill whoever gets the first kill owns the lane from then on barring major screw-ups. Though at Silver/Gold you can't always count on your Riven or Fiora running with their lead.

Also need to spend more mental effort on tracking the enemy jungler.

But I have more mental space due to cycling camps.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2018 10:36pm | Report

I can't seem to get any jungle champ besides Skarner to work consistently so...

Plan was to camp Mid and Top, but had to deviate from my plan after Lulu's third death because Talon kept threatening to roam down and I couldn't have him getting fed after Diana and I did a good job of keeping him down in the early game. Since Ezreal wasn't the one dying I could make a case for helping a lane that was struggling somewhat. I also picked up a good amount of farm cleaning up the aftermath of skirmishes, which offset some of the jungle camps I wasn't getting to do.

It got a bit dicey toward the later stages of the game as Swain was starting to get huge. We had Ezreal buy an Executioner's Calling and chain CCd Swain to focus him down early in fights so that got that threat out of the way and from that we were able to punch them in the mouth.

Should have probably gone tankier in this game, but I got pretty fed early so I was able to buy my Trinity Force outright. I felt the lack of tank stats in some of those later fights when Vayne was able to get fire on me from safety. Though with her true damage, more tank might not have helped in those instances.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2018 7:11pm | Report
Dodged one game because we had Zoe into Zed which I believe is heavily Zed favored and the other team got Skarner so I wasn't liking the odds.

Next game.

Bot lane got massacred and none of the other lanes got fed enough to compensate. I think Zilean was literally dying to one Q and one auto from Ezreal. I went a little too ham trying to kill Ezreal a couple of times.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2018 1:25pm | Report
Probably will not be playing ranked for a while. Post patch my ping went from a fairly steady 20-23 to 80 with occasional spikes well above that. Supposedly Charter has communicated that it is a problem on Riot's end, but vee shall see.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2018 7:13pm | Report

Ping is back down to 20 though yesterday evening I noticed some ping spikes while playing. So far I haven't had them this evening.

Good team. I died too may times, I believe mostly trying to deal with the Renekton. That croc hurts. We were getting something out of my deaths so I suppose there is that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2018 8:09pm | Report

Bot lane was having some troubles. I helped Ekko kill Kassadin a time or two. He helped Bot lane quite a few times though he died once when he forgot to ult. Urgot was also roaming but that left Gangplank free to knock down the turrets in Top lane. However that caused him to overextend a couple of times which we punished. Kai'Sa hurt more than I expected.

I had a blooper moment when I Flashed and tried to Impale Gangplank thinking his Remove Scurvy was down.

Team had a blooper moment when were doing the Infernal drake and they all turned around and tried to kill Braum and ended up chasing him to the Baron side of the river. Tristana started tagging me while I was continuing trying to finish off the drake and since I didn't have any backup I had to back off. Kai'sa and Tristana got a free Infernal drake off of that. Team?
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2018 8:45pm | Report

Trundle for melting Ornn and using Pillar of Ice to interrupt Swain from getting to my team.

Took one fight with too much gold in my inventory. IIRC we got and objective out of it, but still.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2018 7:07pm | Report

Vladimir was not useful and I made a mistake trying to get vision on Baron when Tahm Kench wasn't around to pull my bacon out of the fire. I got low enough from their poked to get taken out by Veigar and then in the ensuing fight Veigar got a beautiful three man Event Horizon. He didn't stun everyone, but catching three in that circle let their team dive on top of them and dish out enough damage that everyone was was seriously injured. It was late enough in the game that it was enough for them to finish without Baron. Sad day.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2018 8:28pm | Report

Type out where the enemy jungler is. Your laners don't understand jungle timings or pings.

Don't get desperate and make stupid plays like taking a blast cone into the Dragon pit when your team isn't near enough to assist you

Don't expect winning match-ups to win. Especially if the enemy jungler spends time helping their laner out and they are not bright and don't ward for themselves.

Don't expect your laners to know how to turret dive properly. They just know "I've got him kinda low." Okay, how about shove the wave under the turret instead of typing at me?

Laners, please educate yourselves on what makes a gank or a tower crash dive work.

Junglers farm because it is free gold and XP. Ganking is higher variance and if your jungler is not ganking then they probably don't see an opportunity. And it may just be that they don't see the opportunity you are creating for them.

Ganks:

-Don't call for a gank when you have no health and no mana. Leave your turret. It sucks if it goes down but it sucks worse if you die and it goes down. And even worse if you get your junlger or another laner killed in the process of trying to assist you and you lose the tower.

-Do setup the minion wave to push towards your tower
-Do let your jungler know if a laner or the enemy jungler used Flash, Ghost, or their major mobility spell is on cooldown.
-Do let your junlger know if the enemy laner used thier ultimate
-Do take the initiative if you have point and click CC

Tower Crash Dives:

-Do shove your minion wave into the enemy turret and wait for the minions to start taking turret aggro before damaging the enemy laner
-Do check to see where the enemy laners are
-Do check to see where enemy jungler is
-Do check to see if your ability to dodge tower aggro on cooldown?
-Do go first if you have point and click CC

Something like.

Top no F no ult, crashing wave, come ez kill
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2018 9:22pm | Report

Not a night for the leagues. Got off to a good start handing three kills to my laners including a tower dive to kill Yorick. Didn't matter. Yorick just started killing Gangplank at will. Mid was doing fine until Fizz hit 6th level then she spent more time in egg form than as a bird since I kept coming over and scaring Fizz off and then Sejuani would come behind me and team up with Fizz to kill Anivia while her passive was down.

Poor Braum was a hook magnet. I guess it doesn't matter if they toned down Tristana's range if she has a Blitzcrank that can just pool are poor sap into her clutches.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide