Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2018 1:05pm | Report

Had trouble coordinating and Volibear DCd at a crucial time in the game. And yep, I still hate Azir. Glad that champion isn't META.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2018 2:02pm | Report

And we didn't ban Quinn. And Tryndamere picked Tryndamere into her without Ignite, so no kill pressure on her at all. And between her and Malzahar I needed too many different items to be be able to deal with their team. Needed damage to actually kill anyone. Needed a Quicksilver Sash to break Malzahar's ult. Needed armor vs the Quinn. A lot of it. I am pretty sure she could two shot me by late game. 1 if I didn't manage to spell shield one of her abilities. Felt bad.

Ekko is also fun to deal with. Here let me play like an idiot and not only do I get a reset if I screw up (sans CC of course) I also get healed for a huge chunk of my health bar. In case you want to know why he is broken if he manages to get ahead.

Anyway, poor team analysis on my part. I think Quinn goes in as my default ban if my team is not playing her. She is flipping busted. And don't necessarily choose an all in assassin if they have a Malzahar on their team because on top of the damage you need to do your job you also need to buy a Quicksilver Sash via the suppression tax, and you don't get ahead enough to afford both, you are not going to have a good time.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2018 9:25pm | Report

Welp, I actually did not intend to play a ranked game, I was trying for a Draft Normal, yet somehow I got in one with an inting Riven, that picked Riven into Malphite, which kind of works okay if the Riven manages to **** on the Malphite early game, but not if she feeds her arse off, which she did.

Oh an Karthus apparently had a 1000 ping so he kind of didn't do a lot on Top of shoving Malzahar into his turret when I said I would gank Mid after Red. But hey, who the hell cares if the jungler wants to try and give you and early advantage on a champion that scales really nicely into the late game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2018 6:53pm | Report

I destroyed Kindred. I don't believe they managed to get a single mark. Felt good after having a couple of normal games that went poorly.

Team backed me up on my invades. We turned the pressure up to 100 and steam rolled them.

Oh, if you have kill threat on Akali she'll use Twilight Shroud to evade you. Just use your Crescent Guard to boot her out of her shroud then E, AA, AA, AA, W. You don't want to use E or AA/Q first as she will be challenged and will not get displaced when you use your R on her. You want her out of the safety of her shroud so you can pin her down and kill her.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2018 7:54pm | Report

Bot lane got demolished. Had to respect the Malphite ult. I flashed one of them to kill Orianna. Was happy with that play. Couldn't really get onto the Jinx. We mostly killed her when Fiddlesticks was able to come over a wall.

I felt I did a decent job with weaving in and out of fights to not die too often.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2018 9:17pm | Report

I am still not good at Taliyah. But I fared better than last time. Mostly by dying to get Zed fed out of his mind. I think I died the three or so times I tried to set something up with him.

I definitely need to work on getting off my ult at the right time. I shot passed Miss Fortune 2 or 3 times. Though really, it isn't like I didn't have a laner with an R that speeds her team up. But that never got coordiniated correctly for whatever reason.

I probably need to ping on my way earlier when I plan to use my ult from a long way off so my laners can be ready.

I'll take the V though that one was definitely earned off the back of my team, Zed in particular.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2018 11:12am | Report

My team was very map awarness challenged. Forunately Xayah was so far ahead it didn't matter.

Hi team, I am going to back and buy. Team okay. Engages fight. Ignores the Jax flanking them from the side. Gets slaughtered. jungler. sigh.

They did something similar about 4 minutes later. Had to run my wanna be baker legs off and still couldn't get in range to ult behind the retreating enemy team. And oddly a bunch of my teammates got themselves killeed.

I realize that when you are strong you want to go hard. Go hard. Just go hard when your team is ready to follow up while you go hard!

Jax is a flipping pain in the *** to fight as Pantheon. I'd have to guess that Panth is more of counter do to his semi-global map pressure.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2018 12:10pm | Report

Secured at least two Infernal Drakes and at least one Ocean Drake. But could not seem to win a team fight. Skirmishes, yes. But not a team fight.

I think the really bad call turned out to be going for Baron. I don't recall who was dead on their team, but I think we killed at least two of them. We went for Baron. Twitch stealthed in and opened up on us. I didn't get to Smite before I died. That was party my fault as I ulted too early for some reason I don't recall.

I screwed up in the early game by greeding for their Gromp after I took their Blue. We knew where Twitch was so it seemed like it was a safe bet, but Akali rotated on me, which made sense in retrospect since Twitch was threatening Zilean. Akali apparently does ******ed damage, so I had to Flash over the wall. I though I was out then Twitch stealthed in and finished me off.

I think it really comes down to we had most of our eggs in the Brand basket and he wasn't even building full damage and our farm totals were lower than theirs so they were up in items despite our team having more objectives.

So we got outscaled and honestly it felt like our team was not at all organized in the later part of the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2018 1:01pm | Report

My laners did pretty well on their own so that let me farm up and influence the map where I thought it most appropriate.

One of the better Graves games I've had in a while, though I accidentally went Press the Attack instead of Fleet Footwork. I'm not even sure what the PtA buid is supposed to be. I guess you have to go more damage to get value out of PtA, becuase 885 total dmg, 571 bonus dmg, and 313 expose dmg doesn't seem like much.
Rumble had his way with Garen with some assistance from me and Talon.

Akali is flipping impossible to gank. I did a couple of drive bys, but if she hasn't used her Twilight Shroud already, good luck with that.

Bot had a few problems, but recovered nicely.

Warwick went Grasp of the Undying which is an odd chose. Maybe they were autofilled? Seems likely as they didn't try to pressure me early and WW can be a pain in the *** to a Graves if they know what they are doing.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2018 2:06pm | Report

Pretty close to the same team as the last game. Bot got **** on on started griefing about the jungler. Of course. It has nothing to do with their own **** play. Never.

Anyway, Talon inted a bunch of kills. If he had been clean, we might have had a chance in this game with him zeroing out Miss Fortune every fight.

But whatevers. I didn't carry the game hard enough.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide