Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2019 8:36pm | Report

Actually had a Tahm Kench that was worth a *****. Usually if they are on my team they die repeatedly being overly aggressive either 1v1 or to ganks. This one only inted twice that I saw by trying to 1v4 their team a couple of times. Yuumi and Jinx were pretty self sufficient in Bot lane and did a good job pressuring while only dying a couple of times by getting in over their heads, but that was party because Soraka gave up on Bot lane and went Top. Either Tahm or Mordekaiser were mostly capable of keeping the Garen + Soraka duo in check.

Felt really squishy in the early game, but I did go Enchantment: Warrior first. I died twice in a row pretty quickly, though it helped get our team leads both times. Finished Trinity Force and then got a triple kill. Okay. XD.

Soraka was obnoxious as usual. That healing is really annoying to deal with if you don't have Grievous Wounds in your kit or are at a buy point that allows you to get it from an item.

Curious if they will put that back on Fizz, feel like it fits his theme and kit reasonably well.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2019 8:42pm | Report
Took a break from League for a while to play some other games. Felt ranked was way too coin flippy so I was getting rather frustrated with the game. Anyway, I plan to play league less overall and just play it when I am feeling like it.

I don't like just playing one champion, so I'll do my usual of playing whatever looks good into the enemy team comp. If it work out, it works out. If it doesn't it doesn't. Will still target getting Gold before the end of season and if I can climb higher, great, if I can't, then no worries.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 12:48am | Report
Good luck, hope you hit gold eventually!
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 6:16am | Report
Fruxo wrote:
Good luck, hope you hit gold eventually!

Thanks Fruxo! Hope you attain the rank that you want as well!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 6:58am | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Thanks Fruxo! Hope you attain the rank that you want as well!

Currently trying my best to hit Platinum, so we'll see! x)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 7:33am | Report
Fruxo wrote:

Currently trying my best to hit Platinum, so we'll see! x)

Cool. What role and what do you see yourself as needing to do to get there?

I feel like I need to A) Not tilt and B) Be more intelligently aggressive to more reliably get myself and my laners a lead.

I've observed if I play too much (invest too much in the idea that I must climb) then I have a tendency to get demoralized when things go wrong and then I start playing more risk averse.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 8:54am | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Cool. What role and what do you see yourself as needing to do to get there?

I feel like I need to A) Not tilt and B) Be more intelligently aggressive to more reliably get myself and my laners a lead.

I've observed if I play too much (invest too much in the idea that I must climb) then I have a tendency to get demoralized when things go wrong and then I start playing more risk averse.

I play Mid, basically only Ahri as soon as she's available and not banned.

I need to focus on a) wave management so that I can get a good lead in lane without having to get solo kills. b) get more roam timers as soon as my minions hit the turret so that I can lend aid to another lane and c) play more around vision. It's just minimal stuff I have to try and get used to, once I do I think I might be able to hit Platinum. I mean I know my champion already, it's just about stuff that can change the course of the game generally.

As soon as I lose games, I get very frustrated. However, I tend to always just back away and take a break for a little while, then come back and continue. To vent my anger off in like bed etc. Where no one gets hurt.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Reggiezx
<Member>
Reggiezx's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 11:10am | Report
In ranked its always a huge climb i'd suggest you focus on just seeing the mistakes you make and seeing what differently you could've done during a game, if you lose or win there will always be mistakes you make that you can improve upon. Took me awhile to get comfy with different roles and lots of knowledge of the game to comfortably say that i can climb back up to plat every season. best of luck to you guys tho :) and just have fun with the climb! even with hard losing games that may come (the coinflip that everyone depends on)
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 11:27am | Report
Reggiezx wrote:
In ranked its always a huge climb i'd suggest you focus on just seeing the mistakes you make and seeing what differently you could've done during a game, if you lose or win there will always be mistakes you make that you can improve upon. Took me awhile to get comfy with different roles and lots of knowledge of the game to comfortably say that i can climb back up to plat every season. best of luck to you guys tho :) and just have fun with the climb! even with hard losing games that may come (the coinflip that everyone depends on)

I fully agree with you. However, it's not so much about the mistakes that I make. Of course having this said, i'm not an expert and i'm not the best, but generally I tend to play pretty decently during my games, and if I do make mistakes obviously I will try to stop making them as much as I can. However, it's mostly the lack of knowledge that I have which makes me lose currently, and so I want to focus on improving that more in order to be able to climb. But yeah, good luck to you too! :)

And yeah the coinflip of teammates can either be a pain or actually decent, but I guess that's what makes league so we have to just go with what's given to us.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 4:45pm | Report
Fruxo wrote:

I play Mid, basically only Ahri as soon as she's available and not banned.

I need to focus on a) wave management so that I can get a good lead in lane without having to get solo kills. b) get more roam timers as soon as my minions hit the turret so that I can lend aid to another lane and c) play more around vision. It's just minimal stuff I have to try and get used to, once I do I think I might be able to hit Platinum. I mean I know my champion already, it's just about stuff that can change the course of the game generally.

As soon as I lose games, I get very frustrated. However, I tend to always just back away and take a break for a little while, then come back and continue. To vent my anger off in like bed etc. Where no one gets hurt.

Ahri is a neat champion. I'm always kind of blown away when I see or play against a good one. One second they are chilling then next second they are picking off your ADC and then skating out. As a jungler I am glad they got rid of the speed boost on her Q and moved it to her passive making it more conditional. Kind of made her practically ungankable at all stages of the game as to opposed to after getting her ult. I think it is cool that they gave her back the ability to stop dashes. Thought it was weird that they took that out.

I get really frustrated when I lose too. It is part of the reason I can't stick with just one champion. As soon as I lose I wonder about my champion pick. I don't really get angry at this point, just frustrated so no danger to objects or people (by the way punching bags are really good for that sort of thing. They won't sue you, are unlikely to break, and are unlikely to break you - unlike say punching a wall).

I'm not a laner, but I do see how important wave management is, so I wish you success in getting it down pat. Was watching a Neace youtube vid the other day and he really wanted to freeze, but he pointed out that his team was getting stomped, so he had to forgo freezing and accelerate taking over top lane so he could get his team back in the game. Fairly instructive. You have to be good enough to recognize when you have to switch gears and have the capability to execute on it.

Roaming was one of the hardest things for me when I used to go Mid lane. I never knew when to roam, when to follow, or when to shove instead. I've gotten better from watching high ELO streamers, but that would be something I would want to nail down even better were I to lane on a routine basis.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Always interesting to hear what other people see as point of refinement. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide