Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2019 10:15pm | Report

So why did I give up on Hecarim for a while? Honestly like running Ignite though it took some time getting used to doing so. Sometimes I seems to have trouble getting my Smite off on a target, so if I'm running Ignite the downside is that I Ignite them instead.

Was sad when Warwick managed to kill my Caitlyn through Smite and Ignite. I mean I killed him for his trouble, but I was little miffed that Cait didn't survive his ult.

I don't know why you have some games were your laners ping MIAs and your other laners play respectfully of the MIA and then other games they don't. This game Fizz kept the river warded and any time the Akali tried to get anything done outside of lane we sniffed it out and the other laners paid attention.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2019 11:11pm | Report

Well that was a quick one. Every lane fed their butts off. Fizz tried to all-in the Lux around level 3 and died for his trouble. She pretty much owned him from then on out with a little support from Lee Sin. Mordekaiser was on rinse and repeat for dying to Renekton and Bot lane got stomped as well. I got a couple of kills in Bot, but it the second was a trade kill as I couldn't quite kill the Kai'Sa. Lucian was alive for that but he was pretty low and wanting to pick up farm so I don't entirely blame him for not wanting to get himself killed, though I think with one auto from him we win that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2019 1:27pm | Report
And dodge due to a Top main in the ADC role that was on a 3 game losing streak and not showing any games of Lucian. Dude is titled and needs to take a break.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2019 7:07pm | Report

It is possible that is the first ever ranked game I've won on Elise. I like the champion and do play her, but she is one of those champs I can sometimes get fed on but not close out the game before she falls off too hard, which is why I don't normally play her in ranked. But we needed some AP with some CC so she was about the only thing that came to mind with hard crowd control aside from Gragas and my Gragas is so hit or miss that I've kind of stopped playing him.

Anyway, solid laners, with Illaoi in Mid creating a lot of pressure and actually dealing quite well with the Xerath. Top was also winning, so I camped for Bot lane since it was a blood bath down there with Kayn camping his laners. We eventually won out.

Incidentally camping a Yuumi lane is not a bad idea as she can make a lot of things happen between her slow from her Q and her ultimate, while also keeping you topped on health.

Outside of this game I learned that Poppy's W, Steadfast Presence, will not stop Kayn's ultimate.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2019 7:56pm | Report

Never really developed any synergy with my team. The Talon shrekked Zed and then was so annoying the rest of the game that my team kept chasing him around instead of pushing lanes out and warding. We got Baron and then tried to play like we were ahead, which we weren't. We got Baron off a lucky steal by Jhin with his ultimate. We got wiped losing all our Baron buffs we then ran around trying to keep Talon from destroying out base one turret at at time.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2019 8:37pm | Report

I have got to figure out how to read team comps better. Or something. Akali got **** on by Lux. Bot lane was cowering under their turret the entire game. Nasus ended up getting a lead on the Darius by Darius going for a greedy tower dive. And then me coming up and helping Nasus kill him twice. But Nasus, so not really able to generate a whole lot of pressure.

Did pick a bad fight after they got Dragon. That was me getting frustrated with the inability of your team to do anything.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2019 10:28am | Report

Okay, going back to a mainstay from last season and trying a different philosophy on jungling based around a video I watched by Veteran.

The logic is this. Do more faster. Always look for something else to do on the map before farming your own jungle.

You need your first clear for levels, but after that kill the enemy jungler. Kill their laners. Then farm the enemy jungle since they are so far behind they can't contest what you want to do.

Really you should only be doing a camp if it will give you a level up or item spike.

And unspent gold equals no go lead. Usually item components run somwhere around 875-1300 gold, Pickaxe or B. F. Sword territory. So when you have that amount go back and spend it. Better yet, know your champion well enough that you know exactly how much every component you want costs and back when you have the right amount.

Currently banning Jax since he outscales and deals well with auto attackers. Might change that as I go through this process, but to some extent if you are ahead of the play by being proactive rather than reactive it doesn't matter what the enemy champions can do if they aren't there in time.

Oh, and camp Mid lane, especially if it is an assassin so they can help your murder everyone else on the map. After that get your hyper carries fed (stuff like Fiora], Tryndamere, and Jax, or if that hypercarry is in Bot lane then go there instead of Top, especially if that helps unlike a support that is good at roaming).
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2019 11:30am | Report

Karma was DCd for like the first seven minutes of the game, but we did not get the option to remake. No idea why not. I did get a relatively early kill in Mid lane, but if you get penalized for making a play that sucks [family friendly forum].

We needed Aatrox not to lose to have a chance. He lost. Otherwise I would have kept killing Swain on rinse and repeat since he was an easy lock down with Ryze.

I don't want to over analyze this one. I wasn't as proactive as I would have liked to have been at certain points but that was because Bot and Top were in disarray so I felt like I would be risking more than I would be gaining by trying to make a play.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2019 11:43am | Report

Uhm, apparently the op gg na player multi-search is jacked? Dodged this one then realized after the fact that you couldn't be level 14 and play ranked.

Any other sites to you to look up the players on your team?
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2019 1:16pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Uhm, apparently the op gg na player multi-search is jacked? Dodged this one then realized after the fact that you couldn't be level 14 and play ranked.

Any other sites to you to look up the players on your team?

I'd recommend using Porofessor.gg, just go in there, search your name when you're in a game and you can get the stats and everything for your team + enemy team. You can also copy the whole chat and paste it inside of the search bar (from the game lobby before the game starts) and you'll be able to see what rank they are or if they are autofilled etc. in case you want to dodge. You can also use it to directly go to your own summoner profile if you want that as well, pretty good tool for games in my opinion, I always use it. x)
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide