Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 6:45pm | Report

Managed to clean up Zac after Karthus got ganked by Lee Sin. Ran up Top lane and helped Shen kill Rumble though it was a near thing for both of us. Helped Bot lane pick up a couple of kills on different trips down there. More things worked for us than did for them. Still not quite sure what I need to do score higher on Shyvana. 9-1-15 only got me an A+. But will take the win.

There CC was more of the knock you up variety so I thought Ninja Tabi were about the best option given Lee Sin and Lucian. Hexdrinker for Rumble and Zac. Figured I would sit on that until I needed to upgrade it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 11:45pm | Report

Made into promos for Gold. 1 won and lost 2 so far.

Brand does an obnoxious amount of damage. Tryndamere is an annoying champ to deal with. I built a bunch of armor. Yeah whateves. Crit, crit, crit. And I don't want to take damage now so I can crit, crit, crit you more. Okay....

Good Twisted Fates are lovely to have on your team. Not so lovely when they are on the enemy team.

Shyvana with a Enchantment: Bloodrazor + Blade of the Ruined King is excellent at eating Yorick's Maiden of the Mists summoned by his R, Eulogy of the Isles.

Poppy Top is apparently greater than Fizz Top.

Graves and Shaco are also annoying.

Don't pick Tryndamere into Jax unless you really know what you are doing and if you make that mistake and say you are going to win anyway, might be worth dodging.

Lux support kind of blows. But she seems to be picked fairly frequently in my games.

Twisted Fate support? Eh, worked pretty well in our game. I suppose see above re TF.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2017 10:59am | Report

Our Lucian was good but also somewhat on the reckless side, which slowed us down a bit from where we should have been in terms of progress. Irelia was somewhat behind, so she spent a lot of time farming side ways. Fortunately we were ahead enough and had enough disengage that we could run around and do other things on the map while she farmed.

Just pretty much tried to sit on top of Varus and Lucian to keep Akali and Udyr from taking them out too easily.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2017 12:09pm | Report

Our Jhin and Yasuo played the early game horribly. And despite that we managed to get them down 3 inhibitors and still failed to close out the game. Late game playing a tank feels like ***. Literally with pen items it doesn't matter how much armor you have they just cut through you like it is all swiss cheese. Got Talon comboed around the Elder Dragon and had to go back to base because I almost died... Sold Blade of the Ruined King for Thornmail after that, though maybe I should have gone Guardian Angel instead to deal with the Ziggs damaage a little better.

Last fight of the game Malphite ults Thresh...
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2017 3:33pm | Report

Malzahar kept walking too close to their team and getting his passive popped and then dying to chain CC thereafter. This slowed us down big time. Jinx is a huge pain in the butt to deal with late game. AoE crits should not be a thing. We ended up with Baron and no one on our team would commit to do anything so we just sat outside their base while they poked at us. We even took down the Elder Dragon with at least three dragons under our belt and we lost that fight with Malzahar not dying and still having his ult up.

We had one of their inhibitors really low so I decided to try to back door it, buy they collapsed on me and I didn't quite kill it before they killed me. However they used a couple ults on me so when they ran down Mid lane those ults weren't available for them and my team actually managed to win that fight which in turn allowed us to run up Mid and take their Nexus for the win.

Trying a slightly beefier build in going with Titanic Hydra. Feel a tiny bit sturdier, but not much.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2017 5:27pm | Report

I helped our Darius get off to a great start by rinse and repeat ganking Yasuo. That got me off to a good start as well. However come late game it felt like we did no damage. Swain would just stand there and melt everyone. Team kept being late to the party on trying to do objectives. Need to spam ping more I suppose. Like we have position and then we would give up the position. Like okay...
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2017 9:35pm | Report

This was mostly the Syndra show. Lucian hurts. I think the changes have brought him back at least for soloqueue. Seen a lot of him lately. We were starting to push them back into their base and I guess it was at that point that they said Ezreal and Maokai decided to AFK so they surrendered.

VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2017 8:20pm | Report

Good god. Our Renekton was crying crocodile tears during laning phase. Ping, ping, ping. Help, help, help. You are getting solo killed by Nautilus not sure what a level 5 Shyvana could do about that. Oh wait, how about I steal all of Rengar's bot side jungle and come in from behind their Bot lane and pick up a double kill. I call that doing something. Grrr. Would have loved to have gotten Top and help him out, but it just didn't work out that way because my Mid laner was dying to Zed or Zed plus Zyra and Rengar. Did eventually manage to get Top and help him pick up some kills.

Need to remember that Rengar can leap out of bushes and use you to make a get away. Need to pick my angle so his only leap direction puts him in an awkward location.

Not exactly sure how we won some of the fights that we did, but we did and Jinx got huge from it.

Died a kind of stupid death at the end of the game, while clearing wards up to their base. Should have been more careful since my Guardian Angel was down. However, on the plus side they blew a bunch of ults to kill me so they didn't have those to kill Jinx who was burning through them.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2017 9:38pm | Report

This one was kind of epic. We eventually grouped and did a decent job of running them around the map, which meant our lanes were pushed. That meant if they did catch us and win a fight they couldn't get much off of it. Kind of devolved into a stalemate. Caitlyn was shredding through me so I had to sell Face of the Mountain for a Frozen Heart. Was also going to sell Locket of the Iron Solari for a Randuin's Omen, but I did't quite have enough cash on my last buy.

I think that I will limit myself to two active items besides Sightstone and Redemption. Those two are somewhat non-negotiable given their utility. Zz'Rot Portal is fine since it is one time use thing. But trying to juggle Face and Locket on Top of that is just too much for my sometimes support self.

2 wins into Gold V. Heh, was debating on whether or not to play on this account until the end of season rewards, but that is a long way off. Another way of securing Gold or higher is to simply keep climbing. So we'll see if I can do that. :-)

I did roam Mid a couple of time to help pic up kills there during lulls in laning in Bot. Was happy that I made the effort and they worked out reasonably well.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2017 9:22pm | Report

Lee Sin seemed like he spent the early game farming as he didn't make a lane appearance or in my jungle that I was aware of until much later in the game than most Lee's I've played against. That said, I found the early game to be slow myself. Our Bot lane picked up a double kill pretty early and then I think it was after that point that Lee started effecting the map and while I was able to do some counter jungling, gank opportunities weren't smoothly presenting themselves. Actually felt pretty sluggish mentally and mechanically this game. But fortunately they were getting caught out and dying just and out as much as we were, which eventually allowed us to make a comeback and win the game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide