Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2017 6:01pm | Report

Had a good Yasuo that eventually traded with Fiora after she struggled with Darius. Still lots of overextenstions and overstaying. I was getting Top tower and almost had finished their Top inhibitor after mauling Darius and our team got their Mid tower so I went back to finish the inhibitor not realzing my team backed out after the turret, which accounted for my one death. The early game was messy in terms of me getting farm so I was behind after a lot of silly running around that didn't really amount to any kills for either team. I stole Ivern's red after he stole my Red. The Fiora was aware of all this and still almost died to an Ivern gank from behind. smh. I mostly handed blue buff of to Lux who put it to pretty good used. Had good Dragon control and got the Rift Herald for Yasuo.

Toying with the idea of starting three health potions. Yes Refillable Potion is more cost effective in the long run, but having more health in the early game could give me more flexibility to do things like invade to find the enemy jungler and get vision down. I can make the health up by taking a scuttle crab, but that does risk an encounter with enemy jungler at time when me health isn't all that high. Alternatively I could start with more armor seals, but I do like the 120 health I get from the scaling HP seals since I don't tend to buy a lot of health on Shyvana, relying more on some armor and MR + lifesteal.

Changes to Blade of the Ruined King

COMBINE COST 900 gold (total cost: 3400 gold) ⇒ 800 gold (total cost: 3300 gold)
ATTACK DAMAGE 25 ⇒ 40
ATTACK SPEED 40% ⇒ 25%
LIFE STEAL 10% ⇒ 15%
ACTIVE DAMAGE1 10% of target’s max health as physical damage ⇒ 100 magic damage
REMOVED ACTIVE HEAL Damage dealt by the active is no longer converted to a heal
BUFF-FIX Blade of the Ruined King’s passive on-hit damage now has a minimum of 10 ⇒ 15 (matching Recurve Bow’s on-hit damage)

There is impact, but it is hard to tell if it is net negative or positive. I suspect slightly negative.

The AD scaling will improve the damage from Twin Bite especially in conjunction with the AD you get from Maw of Malmortius.

However, lower attack speed means that you can't prolong the duration of Burnout as much, though that has a maximum duration of 10 seconds, so it may actually not change anything between your runes, Enchantment: Bloodrazor, and Blade of the Ruined King.

It will likely mean that Twin Bite is not up quite as often since the cooldown is reduced via your basic attacks. Could also mean it takes a bit longer to stack enough rage to make your ult available. And could also reduced the lifesteal that you get even though the actual % went up by 5%.

Eh, will just have to play with it and see how it feels. If I am losing duels that I used to win or my farm rate goes down, I will have my answer.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2017 8:55pm | Report

And this got to late game, werein Miss Fortune would shred us and Azir would then DPS whoever was still alive. I could generally kill MF but Azir would just shove me out of the fight with no real way to get back in until his wall of soldiers went down. Also having Leona and Jarvan IV sitting on our backline didn't help matters. It also didn't help that our Renekton did a stupid as hell dive onto Nasus at his turret despite me saying to back off in the call. I thought I could get him with Ignite and Flash out. Well you didn't... Thresh and Lucian were also struggling somewhat in Bot lane. Oh in once spectacular we won a team fight and had a chance at a turret and inhibitor, except there was one lone super minion holding up our wave so all we got was the turret before we had to run. Sad panda.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2017 9:40pm | Report

Darius got dumped on by Riven. I tried to go up and help when she was super pushed and it didn't go well. Mucho griefing coming out of our Brand who managed to get an early kill. I realize you might have been platinum last season but you are at best Gold 5 at the moment so shut the blank up and type less. It basically took 3 or more us to deal with Riven so we weren't able to focus the kind of attention we needed to in other areas of the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2017 10:41pm | Report

Ah, map awarness. I pinged out that Graves was in the river by Twisted Fate and even typed it out in chat. TF gets ganked and chunked. Also pinged out that Graves was likely Bot. Bot lane gets muderized by Graves. Le sigh. Despite that, TF was doing pretty well in Mid lane, though I only saw him ult twice the entire game, one of which did net us some kills. Teemo was handling Akali. He just sat on or quickly placed a shroom under him any time she tried to jump on him and then he would use the active on Hextech Gunblade to slow her and then blind her and auto her to death. Caitlyn didn't miss a hook. Zilean had a timely ult or two that really made a difference. I got to murderize Graves once when he came and tried to collect his Blue buff. Not the best numbers but I felt like I contributed. Getting all but once dragon, Rift Herald, and smiting Baron under a Jhin ult.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 10:41pm | Report

I told the Aatrox not to pick him into Fiora but noooooo! I am going to play this champion I probably haven't played in years today because they got reworked. I may be off about this, but I don't think the changes were that great and he is going to need some tuning. Did our Aatrox gets some kills and split push some? Yes. Could he kill there whole team? No. Fiora on the other hand.

I screwed up at the end of the game and hooked Fiora while she was walking past their Raptor camp. That sucked Graves and I think Ezreal in and the rest of her team were standing in the bush not too far from her.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 10:47pm | Report

Fizz in champion select. Who picks Diana into Fizz? This will be and easy game boyz. 2 minutes into laning. First blood. Fizz - WTF is that damage? Like her passive. I made the mistake of trying to help him out the second time she went all in on him and died for my sins. I tried it one more time after I had Mercury's Treads for some MR. And I almost died for my sins again.

We managed to catch her out a few times or kill her when she overextended, but it took at least three of us to deal with her and even that was dicey to the point of losing some of those skirmishes. We didn't figure out a good way to deal with the pressure having and assassin like her that fed. The End.

I was sad I didn't get to try out the updated Blade of the Ruined King on Shyvana this game because I need the shield and MR from Hexdrinker / Maw of Malmortius more. I suspect I am not going to like the decrease in attack speed. I definitely noticed the dearth of it with playing Aatrox in and early normal. It might still be okay given that you also build Enchantment: Bloodrazor.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 8:20pm | Report

Uh, only an A+? WTF Rito? I don't really know what Ziggs was doing, but Bot and Top were competent, which worked out to be enough. Graves won by himself and splitpushed all the way to their Top inhibitor. Sion apparently mains Sion support and did well with him. Jhin and I benefitted from his CC. Not really sure how I managed no assists. I kept killing Lee Sin every time he tried to jump on me. I think the other team was not too keen on dealing with a level 14 Graves on top of the overall kill disparity so they called it quits.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 9:15pm | Report

Quadra kill. Unfortunately Yasuo ran away like he had some place else to be so I didn't manage to pick him up for the Penta. Twould have been nice but I'd rather get an inhibitor and a Nexus turret thanks. Bot lane made this pretty easy with them murderizing their opposite numbers plus Vi pretty much every time she tried to gank that lane. Rotated up Top to gank Yasuo while Malphite had his ult. Malphite ulted Yas and I ulted Yas to make sure he died right there since Malph was low on health. Yasuo bounced around like a balloon before exploding into a fine mist. Okay I made up that last part, but twas still enjoyable to see him fly around like a rag doll.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 6:25pm | Report

I should not talk during champion select. Meant to ban Shaco and accidentally banned Shyvana. That said I did okay on Vi. Screwed up a mid lane skirmish where I should have ulted the lower health Vladimir who had just come out of his pull and ulted the higher health Warwick so they both managed to get away.

Then we catch Yorick trying to solo rift herald and we run him off and Fiora and I start and get almost all they way dead after it freaking resets in a position where it should not have reset from. Yorick blasts himself back into the pit. We almost kill him and then Fiora goes over the wall after him rather than finish the Rift Herald. By that time Lulu and Twitch show up to tag team me and I so used to not smiting Rift Herald that I forgot to Smite it to finish it off, so they get Rift Herald and I die.

That almost tilted me out of this game. Chasing kills rather than objectives. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 6:37pm | Report
And dodged the next one because Syndra support, Xerath Mid, Jhin ADC, and the enemy team picked Kled and I thought there is no way I can keep him off our backline with the comp we were are showing.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide