Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 8:22pm | Report

Irritating early lane. Ended up dying to a sneaky Kha'Zix out of brush behind my tower when I was backing to shop and then Teleport back to the lane. Other than that just poked at Teemo and tried not to get poked too much back. Then helped Bot kill their tower and then eventually rotated back Top to get Top tower. Fizz kept unloading on me despite the fact that I actually had some MR from being against Teemo. Did what someone suggested and waited to back the second time after Teemo backed so I could get and idea of what he was building and then itemize accordingly.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 8:50pm | Report
Here's to Silver I! :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 11:07pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Here's to Silver I! :)

Thanks jhoijhoi! First time ever so I am excited about making that leap! :-)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 11:09pm | Report
I dodged the one before this one because my duo partner got confused about who was going were after one of the peeps asked for a position trade. Got a little irritated about that, which was part of the reason for the dodge. Didn't really want to play that one in that state of mind.

All my lanes did well. Ryze crushed Top lane and contributed heavily to crushing Twitch despite dying to him a couple of times in ganks (one of which I pointed was going to happen of course). Team sensed we were in the drivers seat and put the pedal to the metal for the win.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 11:18pm | Report

And whoot! Silver 1! It has been a bit of a slog, but interestiing. Happy things are clicking at the moment, but know I still have a lot to learn if I want to get to Gold and beyond.

Pantheon died to a level 2 Master Yi gank that he wasn't expecting. Aurelion Sol was doing okay until Akali hit level 6, then it was looking ugly because Akali started roaming and picking up kills. ASol also did an ill advised invade when we spotted out Master Yi at his Red Buff. I wasn't close enough to assist and neither was Pantheon so he got collapsed on by Akali and died yet again. Bot lane was doing pretty well, but Yi and Akali started turning up the pressure down there so that was starting to look a bit shaky, though actually started coming out ahead in those fights. ASol contributed with some good Qs from out of the fog of war which let us pin down some of their front lining champions and chunk them or kill them. That set us up for having some team fights where we had an advantage. Overall a good game where everyone contributed despite having some fails in the early in the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 11:11am | Report

Pretty much some fail in all lanes. Even Swain was just trading kills. Then he just pushed Top and kept getting killed doing that. Would have been kind of useful to have him for teamfights/skirmishes around Mid lane.

Positives - I had an idea of where Graves was a decent chunk of the early and Mid game and told my team that information. He was in a weird spot that I didn't expect at one point since there was nothing on that side of the map to farm. Guessing he was just trying to go for a gank on Top or Mid lane.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 12:18pm | Report

Not sure what it is about the transitions between divisions within a tier and me. Always seem to struggle. Autofilled Janna griefing about it the whole game. Yah, we get it. It isn't your best position, but we all have to deal with it if we want faster queue times. Shut up about it.

Not sure why Renekton didn't build some armor after his first damage item. He started losing lane at the 1.5 item point. And Akali made a stupid *** invade to try and kill Amumu and got collapsed on by their whole team.

I need to be more careful when I know they've got team members lurking around a particular area such as after taking dragon. Kept getting caught out, when they happened to still be in the vicinity.

Also should have sat on Hexdrinker and bought more armor. Some magic resist would have been okay, but it didn't have to be a lot. But I wanted some damage and I think more tank would have been more better.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 5:38pm | Report

I banned Fiora for Riven and what does the enemy team pick? Shaco. I hate Shaco because he makes it hard for Shyvana do what she wants to do in the early game, which is farm and no one really seems to respect his ganking capabilites in the early game, partially because he often comes in from odd angles and unexpected places. Figured he would be starting Blue so had the team invade to try and clear his boxes but he started Red and then he went to my Blue. We collapsed on him, but I had Smited Red to try and get my laners to lane since we were a little late getting back to Red when it spawned so I didn't have the option of Smiting it from under him. And of course he was able to get away. Riven sat under her turret sucking her thumb in the face of Tryndamere. Bot lane had some success, but between Tryndamere bearing down on Top lane and Shaco causing havoc in Bot lane we got way behind and kept losing fights.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 5:47pm | Report

Syndra was taking lumps from Ahri and Bot lane wasn't doing very well either. Jayce was doing decently in Top lane, but come Mid game they were running a 1-3-1 and somewhoe we couldn't manage answer their splitpushers. Never really got to a point where I felt strong in this game. Picked the wrong target in the last fight to go. Was trying to wipe Ahri and while I did get her out of the fight the rest of my team was getting deleted behind me.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 5:48pm | Report

Scheww. Finally turned in a win. The Darius did both worse and better than I expected against the Quinn. Like he had some really weird ideas about what to do during ganks he knew were coming, which appeared to equal try and kill them both. It didn't really pay off for him, likely because being blinded makes autoattacking hard. Fortunately Leona and Twitch paired well and they roamed together as a murderous unit. Somehow we ended up several levels ahead of the the enemy team and that turned into a triple kill for Darius. Talon, my duo partner, and I had a bit of talk after the game to let him know that while roaming is good try not to stay gone so long that you are letting your turret take huge chunks of chip damage, because when it goes it opens up a lot of the map for the enemy. And while I am okay with covering it to pick up farm if I am in a position to do so, it kind of sucks against anyone ranged, especially if they have a stun and potentially kill pressure on them because I might not have itemized against their damage yet.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide