Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 10:45pm | Report

Match History

Didn’t want to pick my usual picks because they aren’t that great in to Fiddlesticks. However we had a first pick Vayne Top that got counterpicked into with Jayce. Jayce destroyed her and then was able to rotate around the map faster than we could. Blah blah Zed got fed and they could delete towers in no time at all so one bad "team" fight and it was over.

I hate Farsight Alteration when they have more than one of them. Freaking wards everywhere, which take a bit of time to clear and you have to check every bush.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 11:35pm | Report

Match History

Nasus and Viktor were mentally challenged with Nasus taking the dog biscuit of stupidity. Good start early game. Kills in Bot and Mid. But I had this click in my head, that later in the game was going to be rough and sure enough it was. I figured Viktor would start getting **** on my Fizz once Fizz had his ult. Yep, sure enough. I tried helping Nasus get going since there wasn’t much to do in the other lane early, but Nautilus fairly tough customer and Nasus has no damage early game. So that was a mistake, I should have just left him to his own devices and farmed because helping him put me behind.

Later in the game Viktor screws around in Top lane after we won a skirmish so long that their team was able to respawn and come back and kill him.

At one point Sivir and Thresh run into our Top side jungle even though we just saw like three of their team show on the map on that side of the jungle. And yep they died and got me killed in the process.

There was another important fight where we had it lined up somewhat nicely, tanks in the front and Sivir in the back and somehow Sivir got insta gibbed so we lost that fight hard since she was practically our only source of reliable damage.

What a comedy of errors. this one was particularly frustrating because you could watch all the bad decisions unfolding over the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2016 12:41am | Report

Match History

Lee Sin carry. Haven’t seen one play that well at my rating in a long time. And my team didn’t play around his early game strength. Cho'Gath is just about impossible to deal with unless you are ahead. Honestly didn’t think he needed his most recent buff. He was a good niche pick against combo champions.

Opted for Sunfire Aegis as my second item because I wanted to be able to deal some damage and have some armor against the Lee and some health for the Cho’Gath.

Volibear was pushed up for quite a while. I dropped a pink ward for him since his ward was about to time out. As soon as Cho’Gath pushed out I went over and teamed up with Volibear to kill Cho. That was about the only bright spot.

Oh I sent Zed packing back to base. Then Lee Sin showed up to hold the lane, then Lissandra who was fairly low health started ****ing around with Lee so Lee killed her for her trouble.

Ugh, need to figure out what I need to do to try and get my team ahead. I farm, I watch the map, I gank, I ward, I counter jungle when I can. Still feel my game sense is lacking. Though I seem to be able to see where my team is going to screw up XD. The last three games have been like watching train wrecks. Maybe I need to work on my invade strategy? I rarely go after the enemy jungler. Feel like it is hard to recover if you mess it up.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2016 9:16pm | Report

Changing up my build a bit to try and see if I can eek our some more performance on Shyvana. I feel a little sturdier when I go with a Randuin's Omen + the active is good to use when I dive onto the backline.

This one was tough because pretty much every lane lost. Bot wasn’t calling MIAs, so Mid had Leona show up in it a couple of times. That was a frustrating shift in power.

I had one foolish dragon call. I either walked through a ward somewhere and got converged on. I need to work on when I can actually do that and remember that if I need to get out I can just go over the back of the dragon pit.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2016 9:31pm | Report

The team didn’t cover the jungle entrances properly so we ended up in an early skirmish with Caitlyn and Leona.

Brand just got destroyed. Darius was beating Volibear early, but wasn’t respecting ganks, so Tryndamere picked up a couple of kills on him. Jhin was doing pretty well, but Braum died quite a few times in getting him going.

I made a poor call in listening to Jhin when he targeted Caitlyn even though we just heard the dragon go down, which meant Tryndamere was close enough to join in the fray.

Did some reading up on Shyvana to see if could pick up some tips. I practiced aiming my ult so I can jump over most walls more reliably. Also am trying to make sure I active Burnout before diving in with Dragon's Descent so I can leave a burn trail behind me.

Need to remember to active move during fights so I don’t end up missing who I am aiming for/even if am not hitting the right target I am still doing damage.

Feel like I am having more difficult getting a lead, which lets me get to that fantasy of diving on and shredding their backline and being able to duel just about anyone. Maybe trying to do too much when my lanes aren’t holding up? Maybe need to play a better early ganker? Maybe just the teams I’m getting? So hard to tell as their is a lot of noise as to what is actually working and what is not.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2016 7:39pm | Report

Match History

And I think I may give up on ranked. Even dropping a division I can’t seem to put up a win. Can crush normals just fine. But ranked of late…We kill Yasuo twice and he can still push down a turret the instant you die or are away from it. By himself. No help required beyond a minion wave at the turret. I hate the fact that AD champs can do that while AP champs can’t. Tower down and then they can roam.

Then again this is coming from the frustration of a team that got absolutely crushed pretty much everywhere.

Guess I need to go full damage Shyvana.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2016 8:42pm | Report

Match History

Sigh.

Stomped Annie in lane. Some help from Diana with that. Roamed Top to help kill Garen. That netted us Top tower, but lost our Mid outer, which was already low.

Had one dumb death going to try and help our Enchantment: Devourer, let's delay our power spike even longer, Diana contest Dragon. I should have let her die on her suicide mission. I think I killed someone in the exchange, but not worth.

They rotated to take Baron which we had warded. There were only 4 of us up as Lucian was dead, but we went over to...watch them take Baron...not exactly sure. They came after us after getting Baron. Jinx got left alone. I got piled onto. Jinx got left by herself and wrecked our team. Lucian showed up after reviving and I'm pretty sure he died too.

Well back to normals.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2016 10:05pm | Report

Not a fan of Amumu support, especially one that doesn’t by a Sightstone. Kindred DCd at some point. Killed Cho'Gath once in lane. He should have been dead twice but I couldn’t get Kindred to come over when he was on like 200HP. When Kindred did come over later, it was to turret dive the Cho that I had gotten to low health and then die to him. In case you were curious we didn’t get the tower at that time. smh.

Managed to cancel my ult twice somehow, which didn't help matters as at least once we should have picked up kills more quickly and not have anyone go down.

Malphite ****ped on Singed early game, but he still managed to get our tower before we got theirs. Not the most annoying Singed I’ve ever faced, but definitely bothersome.

With no Kindred to keep it an even 5v5 and help with wave clear and maybe keeping people from dying at times, we just got pushed into our base and couldn’t really contest for any objectives.

I thought about going and playing normals, but they don't mean anything as far as standings in ranked and I tend to find them boring unless I'm playing with a group of friends. Don't feel like I'm on tilt. I've played well the last two games, despite a hiccup or two here and there, but even the pros screw it up from time to time. So not sure what the deal is. Maybe I need to find a team? Where would one going about doing that?

]
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2016 10:50pm | Report
If you go into a chatroom on the LoL client, search for "Looking for group"
It's a chatroom always with a lot of people looking for ranked teams, but they're all different Elos and you'll have to cross your fingers they want a Silver Jungle main.

I think this will still work, I haven't been checking

Basically MOBAFire.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 7:24am | Report
If you go into a chatroom on the LoL client, search for "Looking for group"
It's a chatroom always with a lot of people looking for ranked teams, but they're all different Elos and you'll have to cross your fingers they want a Silver Jungle main.

I think this will still work, I haven't been checking

Thanks for the tip! I'm aware that climbing is a slog, but dayuuummmn I kinda want to bang my head against a wall at the moment, so going to have to try something different.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide