Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2018 9:17pm | Report

Getting some more coaching and managed to tilt myself out of the game when a play went awry on Top of all the information I was trying to take in.

It was a good idea. Bot lane pushes into our Bot so gank early. Wave bouced of their turret with a wave and a half on their side so it would push out to them again (I don't think about these things automatically, so boom really important point for considering where you want to be on the map). I got my wires crossed on how I should handle the return gank and flubbed it badly getting myself pulled into turret range.

I was very much playing on tilt after a couple more plays just barely didn't work and my team wasn't helping matters so this one went down as a loss.

Learning from your mistakes is the beginning of wisdom. I hope. XD
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2018 9:19pm | Report

Playing on my alt account a bit. Having a crisis of faith on Xin Zhao. I make so many small mistakes that half the time I throw any type of lead I get on him and it seems like if we get to the 35+ minute mark I feel rather ineffective unless we are just stomping across the board.

Jax is a little more forgiving since he technically has a way out of a fight if you feel like you've bit off more than you can chew.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2018 9:27pm | Report

This game went on way longer than it should have because my lane losing Kai'Sa was having a fight over being the one to splitpush vs our lane winning blind wielding Teemo. It basically took a fight in our base to get her back in formation with out team, then we just rolled them after a fight in Mid.

My favorite part of the game was Ahri *****ing at me that I wasn't giving her blue buff. Then I gave it to her and she went back to base instead of helping me with Dragon so I got picked off. Just fabulous.

Need to remember not to do silly things like count on my team mates helping to make a play come off properly. And pinging does not always bring your team to an obvious objective that is there for the taking.

Whew sometimes not being able to shoot threw minions with Graves basic attacks is really problematic. Had one or two situations where I had to struggle a bit to untangle myself from the wave to finish off kills.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2018 9:32pm | Report

Let's see got Tops Flash then walked into a level 3 Master Yi in the bush by my blue which was missing. Apparently he does ******ed damage because I didn't even half health him before he killed me.

Died again later vs Master Yi when my team was making a play in Bot lane. 37% of the damage that killed me was True damage. Guess I build more health. But oh he builds and item that does % max health damage and possibly an item that does % current health damage. And and items that causes every other attack to cause on-hit effects to apply twice. Le sigh.

Fortunately my Mid and my ADC were kicking *** and Sona was good at hitting multiple targets with her ult.

We almost lost Baron because no one at this level knows to stop hitting it when damage is coming in from the enemy team. Fortunately Annie saved the day again and picked it up.

Must remember to not use W, Wind Becomes Lightning, unless I know I'm going to hit it. When they are knocked up at best. The fact that it stops you moving forward is a big deal.

I'm getting better at just Qing my target when I get behind them.

It is fine to E, Q, W stationary targets like jungle camps, but you can't do it on a moving target if they are juking, so I shouldn't even be in the habit of it though I believe it was the way to get maximum DPS on a target dummy when I played around with it a lot after they reworked Xin.

It should be E, Q, Q, Q, W to guarantee the W will hit while they are knocked up.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2018 10:22pm | Report

Not sure on the Tristana. Support main and yet she pulled off some **** on Tristana that I've never seen even on much higher level Tristana's. It felt like she knew her damage just about perfectly and between that, her resets, and her Flash she pulled off some plays I didn't think she could make especially at the health she was on when she did them.

Basically made the game inevitable minus my team inting the occasional triple kill to Kai'Sa or Annie.

Blitzcrank hit a lot of good hooks.

I cleaned up, whatever didn't die to Tristana when I happened to be around her which wasn't that much since she basically told everyone to go away.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2018 1:45pm | Report

Got some notice from the enemy Ahri. I picked her out as probably the easiest lane to gank pre-six and since the Cass seemed ready to follow up on my plays I kept on the Ahri. Tried to spend my time watching where the waves were while farming + thinking about what objectives were up in areas that would be pushing + considering who would have tempo so I wouldn't have any unpleasant surprises while making my own plays.

The concept of tempo I picked up from the following video.

VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2018 8:22pm | Report

Early game Red > Scuttle > didn't see Elise on her Red side scuttle so deduced that she was on her Blue. Fizz hard priority so I invited him over for some fun. It got messy because their team rotated. Fortunately Sion rotated as well. We killed Elise, Darius, and Kassadin, plus I got her Blue buff. Then I immediately killed Kassadin again. Got Top scuttle and then ate my entire Blue side jungle. I went back to base with enough money to buy my Enchantment: Warrior straight out. Bot lane also picked up at least one kill, so really about as good as a start to the game as you could hope for.

One death I stepped too far forward when they were sieging Mid IIRC. Need to just let my ranged peeps handle waveclear duty.

Second death IIRC lead to us getting their Mid turret and Mid inhibitor. But if I had survived we might have gotten Baron and closed the game out earlier.

We eventually got Baron, without Jhin as he ran off to pressure Bot lane for some bizarre reason. It took ages to do because all we had were Cloud and Ocean Drakes IIRC. So long in fact that I was worried that Elise would respawn and contest, but we got it and were able to close out the game shortly after that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2018 9:34pm | Report

Could not carry this one by myself. Both my Bot lane and my Top laner died to ganks/roams that were clearly pointed out were on their way to them.

Our Mid laner was clearly outclassed and our Irelia constantly kept biting off more than she could chew.

Given that our Mid and Top were constantly dead it was rather hard for the rest of the team to make any headway.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2018 5:07pm | Report

Yay, I won my first strategically minded Sion game as Rito has taken to calling it. The thing was if he had just played normal we would have probably won anyway and won faster. Like he got an inhibitor which actually was helpful, but it was helpful because he was not with us in fights and we needed his CC and bulk to peel everything that wanted to to jump onto Tristana (it didn't help that Tristana had a few Rocket Jumps into their damage dealers, but still).

We fought them in front of our Mid base turret and Sion was with us and we wiped them with Tristana picking up a triple kill and chasing down a fleeing Lucian for the Quadra. Like it would have been nice to do that 10 minutes ago. XD

I had a couple of moments in this game where I was really discombobulated mechanically. Not sure what was up with that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2018 11:11pm | Report

Ryze AFKd at level 1 after dying to the Jarvan IV and the rest of my team was getting their socks knocked off. Everyone was very ready to be out of this one.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide