Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2018 9:28pm | Report

I mean look at Orianna's build. Like what more can I say? She got stomped and didn't itemize appropriately so she was just Akali and Kha'Zix food all game. That left Akali free to roam where she was able to turn the tables in Bot lane. Riven tried, but we were all squishy as hell and they had a Pyke so even if we killed a couple of of them he was able to get resets on us to make the fights go in their favor.

I kept my attitude about it in check. But it is getting rather frustrating that I rarely seem to be able win a game barring duoing with someone that is good.

I can generally stomp normals (which I get is a different environment), but it doesn't feel like anything I'm learning about the game is translating into my ranked outcomes.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2018 1:39pm | Report

I'll take 3 winning lanes. Honestly I feel like it is almost better to have losing lanes as Graves. Well, losing lanes, and aggressive lanes that are poor at warding or aren't paying attention to their mini-map. That way you can get behind them and gank.

If I hadn't have spotted Graves out with one of the vision plants on a return gank to Bot lane this game would have probably turned out differently. But I saw him which let my laners react before the enemy was prepared to hit the go button which allowed me time to get over there and we were the ones that picked up a kill.

Sion and LeBlanc were handling their lanes well and LeBlanc was even helping a bit on roams which let us chunk Graves a couple of times.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2018 2:18pm | Report

Picked Hecarim because it looked like we had a good dive comp, though they had pretty good disengage options.

Had good laners again. I think Kled had Aatrox befuzzled, because he kept dying to Kled just barely.

Tried to gank Bot lane when they were pushed up, but I miscalucated and my Bot laners were not close enough to provide lock down so they got far enough away that Zyra was able to show up and turn the tables. So note there is don't get too far out in front of your laners even if you have invested Ghost and/or Predator.

And holy moly she does a lot of damage. Tried to defend a turret vs her and Aatrox and almost died for my troubles.

Not sure why things are clicking better today, but I'll take it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2018 6:09pm | Report

I went raid boss on the Vi and made sure she wasn't all that useful. Got some good help from LeBlanc to keep up my pressure. Helped Sion stay on Top of Nasus. Bot was a little harder to get to so I mostly left them to their own devices, but with my other lanes ahead that proved to work well enough to get the victory.

I may wind up first picking Udyr when I am first pick. He certainly has some flaws in that he has no gap closer, but there aren't many jungle champion that he can't beat the hell out of in the early game. So at least I should have good way to get myself off to a good start.

Struggling to win on Xin Zhao when I first pick him. I also feel like he falls off unless you can run around with a couple of people as a murder squad.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2018 6:57pm | Report

Bard was running around killing everyone. Rest of the team did well also.

We got them down to zero turrets and of course stayed too long and died. Then the team wanted to run in and finish the deal. Why not just get Baron. We run in as and of course all die. Like at this point we can just get Baron and stand there and let the waves of super minions take their base or simply kill them while they are using up their cool downs on super minions? Yes, we won in the next push by getting some pics. But grrr. Just do the high % thing when you are that far ahead.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2018 8:04pm | Report

I tried. In the end it came down to a moment of miscommunication with respect to taking a fight. Garen was off doing something else. We ended up getting wiped and they were able to finish the game off.

Given that this started out with Jhin not in the game and the opposing team getting first turret because of it and then rotating to pick up the other outer turrets, I believe before we got our first turret, I would say we did all right.

Not really sure what to do vs. Ryze. I couldn't get near him withot help from my team.

I only picked Graves because my team was showing a non-standard Bot lane and I couldn't see much of their team comp. Vs. Ryze and Brand I probably would have picked someone else.

Not sure what is up with the damage Bards. We could have really used a Redemption and a Locket of the Iron Solari.

I think I am going to sit on the 79 LP and call this one a productive day at the leagues. Good night.

Post mortem:

With Jhin DCing or whatever happened to him this game was going to be hard to win regardless. Actually good on us for getting back in the game after losing first tower and getting pressured hard in the other lanes because of it. Late game we just messed up the team fight that got all us except Garen killed.

Will hopefully get a chance to watch the replay on the team fight that ended the game before the new patch goes live.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2018 9:43am | Report
Feel like the pace of the game is slowing down a little bit since Electrocute isn't so strong on junglers anymore. I think this will open up space for some of the less aggressive junglers to find a niche. Especially those that can do Krugs easily given the amount of gold and XP they provide. Which also still leaves room for aggressive invaders. Thinking this might be a really good spot for jungle over all even if still hate the way XP works in the jungle at the moment overall.

I'll probably do what I always do, which is play way too many champions. Basically I plan to play to fill whatever gap my team needs filled.
Jungle

?First Pick? - Udyr at least he can beat the hell out of most junglers in the early game.
?Dive Comp? - Hecarim
?AP Assassin? - Evelynn
?AoE Comp Tank? - Amumu
?Need a bit of everything? - Gragas until he gets hit with nerf bat again due to pro play
?Need to pin *******s like Kassadin down? - Camille
?Tank need shredding? - Trundle well at least until they neuter him with more nerfs
?Team goes some ******ed no ADC comp? - Graves
?vs all AD? - Rammus

Probably Kled for now just because he is funny as hell
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2018 8:36pm | Report

Good laners again. I helped blow Camille's Flash early. Irelia was able to kill her shortly thereafter.

Managed to complete freak out Kennen's character model by using Pillar of Ice when he was next to a broken tower base with minions swarming around him. He couldn't move so I treated him like a baby seel.

Bot lane was killing it. Slight scare when Aurelion Sol disconnected briefly. But he came back and they threw in the towel after we stomped them in Bot lane on the play where I killed Kennen. Well actually Xayah stomped them by herself, I just helped her get out alive by stopping the Kennen from killing her.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2018 9:20pm | Report

Not much to do with Top lane getting destroyed as badly as he did. Pantheon could roam and did work with the time on his hands, helping to snowball the other lanes. I teamed up with Ahri for a couple of kills in the early game and pick up a few her and there, but it wasn't enough to changed the course of the game.

It would have been better had I used an early game jungler. Took red and level 2 and then ganked Top lane. At a minimum it would have put Renekton a little ahead in the lane which may have made the difference in the game.

Post Mortem:

I really need to put more thought into how to influence highly volatile match-ups in the early game, especially if they have a jungler that can help setup dives once my carry laner has been put behind.

Pantheon > Try to shut down early. Like pressure the F out of him to the point that your laner can keep him in lane or make him lose to much if he leaves lane.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2018 10:59pm | Report

My team made the early game really hard on me and themselves. Urgot died repeatedly to Master Yi ganks and oddly he stopped dying to them when I asked him nicely to get wards out around his lane. Ahri was suicidal and mechanically challenged, not a good combination and Brand had a giant kill me sticker on his forehead and the enemy team obliged him. Oh and Kai'Sa suicidally dived into to some fights only to shortly die thereafter to the oddly fed Lucian but that was mostly later in the game.

I actually could not do anything useful this game because ever time I was even near to try and do something my laners died before I could get there to make an impact.

The only reason we held out in the game as long as we did because the Lucian went 1v5 mode and handed us at least two different huge shut downs allowing Kai'sa and Urgot to get back in the game.

Late game we got Baron. Lucian went to go finish off our Nexus, Ahri killed him, but died in return. We then all cluster together for a Malphite ult combined with a Lux ult and died. They walked into the base for the win.

I normally think my teammates are touched until proven otherwise. I have proveable evidence that these teammates were touched.

My favorite play of the game was Ahri using her ult to dash straight into the fed Lux, but with a minion wave in the way so there was no way for her Charm to hit Lux. I knew how that was going to end. Q > ult to the face > Ahri dead once more.

The End.

Post Mortem - I needed to have different pathing. I needed to either

A) Go Red to Red and kill Master Yi
B) Go Red to Top and kill Malphite then find and kill Master Yi.

Downside of killing Malphite is that he just Teleports back to lane, so Urgot still probably dies to the Master Yi gank. So A is more optimal from that perspective and I have more resources when challenging Yi.

How do I know that? I went to look for him on his blue side, but he just cleared Blue then went to Red.

I would need a ward somewhere that preferably they wouldn't know about. Preferably one on either side of the map, but getting them in can be something of a risk.

Calling for a 5 man invade might have been the thing to do though downside is that means my laners probably have to level up non-optimal abilities if we did have a chance to secure a kill.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide