Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2017 4:11pm | Report

9-1 Ranked Provisionals dropped me into Silver IV. Was hopping for higher given the win rate but apparently my opposition was of similar MMR so I basically ended up a touch lower than I did last season at Silver 2 IIRC.

Particularly enjoyable matchup out of the list. Felt good to carry with Hecarim. Picked up a juicy quadrakill to pad my stats a bit.

The only game I lost (as Nocturne) my team was well ahead coming out of laning phase and then made several blunders right in a row giving the other team a chance to get back in the game and take the win.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2017 5:06pm | Report

And then this. Riven fed two kills to Darius quite early so that lane was not a good choice to help. Tried to snowball Bot lane but that turned out badly. Got too far out ahead of my laners which sucked them into too many minions. Ashe went down in the minions and Blitzcrank wouldn't give it up after we got out so he ended up taking enough damage from Varus to go down as well. Riven did help me turn an invade on Graves around. We got Graves with no casualites. Went Bot lane and got Varus and Thresh after an extended chase of Thresh through out own jungle. Ashe managed to tag him with her ult to keep him locked down for long enough for me and Blitzcrank to finish him off.

Kayle was entirely a non entity in all of this. She couldn't take on Cassiopeia without her ult and even with her ult she couldn't manage to DPS Cass down fast enough.

I didn't have a chance to itemize against Cass so every time I tried to do anything to her even with help from one or more of my team mates I would just get burned down by her.

Graves does entirely too much burst damage.

I'd take back the first gank Bot lane, but other than that, not sure what else I could have done better to secure and advantage for my team. Maybe splitting more time between Mid and Bot?
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2017 6:53pm | Report

This one went much more smoothly. We spotted Singed trying to proxy Gangplank's wave at the start of the game so we pinged him out and GP went and took him out. Ezreal dumpstered Viktor and Bot lane also did well with Blitzcrank hitting some key hooks and Tristana taking full advantage of the opportunities he gave her.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2017 7:28pm | Report

XD got asked if I was a smurf given my provisional win rate. Nope. Just had some decent teams that ground it out even when behind.

Hecarim was banned and Shyvana was banned and I though we were going to be an all AD team so I opted for Diana. Her clear is quite good (can finish an entire clear and back quite a bit before Gromp respawns if you are starting on Blue buff), but she loves her mana so she is better when paired with a a mid laner that doesn't need blue buff.

Had some bumps in the beginning. Started with Q instead of W. Then went to try and give Bot lane some breathing room, but had a miscommunication on that with my duo partner as he thought I was coming in for a full on gank. That ended up getting me and him killed in a situation that really shouldn't have amounted to much.

But Mid and Top were doing work. I went Top side to see if could snowball Fiora further when Kha'Zix also showed up. He stayed and I stayed so we ended up duking it out. Fiora went down, though we got Garen. I would have gotten Kha'Zix as well but Karma joined the part and shielded him just in time and together they were able to take me out. :-(

But with our lead we were able to roll up the carpet on them and take the victory.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 3:47pm | Report

Well that was a **** show. Rengar was over aggressive and had no idea how to safely invade, especially with a Bot laner that could just Realm Warp to him or near to him if we was spotted out on the map + a Kassadin Mid who got off to a good start vs Ekko. Ryze has better wave clear than Ezreal so there wasn't much I could do to help.

Had one really dumb death were I busted Flash to try and finish off Kha'Zix. Didn't get Kha'Zix and Arcane Shift wasn't sufficient to get me to safety.

Interesting how fast the meta has shifted. Last week during my ranked provisionals, I believe I played vs one non-standard Bot lane and that was some weird combination that my laners took advantage of.

I may be opting out of Bot lane for the foreseeable future. Or I will just stick to Normals while I try and figure out what the best picks for Bot lane are.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 5:59pm | Report

We won lane, killing Draven several times and taking our turret first. My duo partner as Jinx made a foolhardy move pushing up in lane while I was warding the enemy jungle. We weren't on com, so all I could do was to caution ping him while I went into their jungle. Shyvana was on that side of the map and we had scuttle crab control so it was a good time to ward as I was coming back to lane. Jinx got CCd and died to the Draven. I don't know why ADCs feel they must dual each other. Some are better at it than others. If you are vs one of those wait until your team is there to make sure the odds are uneven.

At that point in the game they started gang banging Bot lane, which negated our advantage vs Alistar and Draven. They took our tower and Ziggs was way late with an ult that could have probably netted him a quadra-kill and put him back in the game.

Haven't played support in a while. Yah, Autofill! Exhaust might have been better vs Draven but it did help us secure the first couple of kills.

Wasn't sure on the order of itemization.

Their team Mid game fight wasn't something we could answer and we didn't really have anyone in a strong enough position to splitpush and take some of the pressure off other areas of the map.

The End
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2017 4:36pm | Report

The team did work, making my job easy. Yorick struggled somewhat vs. Tryndamere especially with both Karma and Sejuani showing him some love. But at eventually he reached the point in the game where he could just push like made and take or pressure turrets which took pressure off of the other areas of the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2017 5:34pm | Report

Level 7 Mastery on Hecarim unlocked. Jarvan IV and Akali were tag team Irelia. I counterganked on one of those and picked up a kill on Akali though I missed getting a kill on J4 who ended getting executed by our turret.

After that we had a crazy scrum around my Blue buff they kept coming in and we kept killing them one by one even though we were all pretty low on health.

Fizz got huge so we set up around Baron and got one or two of them coming to check giving us enough breathing space to take it without much chance of a steal.

We rolled up the carpet on them after that. I was sitting with over 4K in my inventory because we were just constantly fighting around the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2017 8:30pm | Report

Can't carry stupid. Thresh ADC build. No Sightstone. Doesn't know not to use his lantern to pick up freaking souls because the cool down is too damn long for that. Caitlyn dies because of it in one instance that I saw.

Caitlyn was positionally challenged. Veigar too.

It was looking pretty nice too after I ganked Bottom and picked up a double kill then we took Dragon.

2nd Dragon my team tries to take it after a team fight wherein I died. Lee Sin steals it because he has Smite.

Freaking clown fiesta.
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2017 6:09am | Report
Hey Vex,

I got as high as Gold 1 last season, but finished G 5. I am currently in Silver 4 as well, so if you want to duo, friend me.
User name Ixtellor

Also, nice win rates on your junglers, way better than me this season.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide