Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2017 11:29pm | Report

I like Warwick but it feels damn expensive to go into Enchantment: Cinderhulk + Jungle Item + Titanic Hydra + Boots all of which are core on him. Dead Man's Plate also feel like an expensive and awkward buy.

Got an early kill and assist on Quinn with the help of Teemo. Woohoo. Oh, Jax walked to every lane and picked up a kill. Sad panda :( and a worrying trend since jungle Jax really needs those early kills to be relevant. But I could lock him down long enough for our team to kill him, if LeBlanc hadn't deleted everyone that could kill him while I had him pinned down. Lux had some early troubles with her but then started catching her out and deleting her, so Lux got to a useful stage. Bot lane kept getting four man dived by Leblanc and Jax and occasionally Quinn. Fortunately, while they died some, they weren't feeding terribly.

Later in the game we caught two of them out and were able to take out their Mid turrets and inhibitor after the fact and it was kind of over from there as we began to take out their base by the numbers.

The leash range on Leblanc's Ethereal Chains in stupid far at 925. Like you literally have to dash or flash out of range to get far enough away. Melee champions with boots have enough foot speed to do it if you back up as soon as you see the projectile come out, but good luck with slower ranged champions or if you are already headed toward her when it comes out. It is to the point of irritating - great I have to Flash or die and my flash isn't up.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2017 8:41pm | Report

I didn't play this game that well, because I got a little tilted by both Fiora and Lux dying to ganks that were clearly pinged out because of wards and vision I had setup. They just kept pushing up in lane anyway. Lux died twice to ganks that were clearly pinged. Made a little progress later in the game, took Mid turret then Lux called for Baron. Except Cho'gath popped himself in the pit and nommed Baron at like 1200 health. I'm like well shoot. I'm only level 16 so that is only 900 damage. Anyway bad Baron given that we hadn't prepped well enough to clear the plant behind the pit, but given how godawful early game went I think the team was feeling a little desperated, but still I should learn to recognize those things and say no when appropriate.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2017 9:41pm | Report

Urgh. This loss may have been on me. My team wanted to do Baron and I had 1 health left after a fight and nothing to quickly life steal on, I literally figured I would walk into the Baron Pit and die. So I backed to heal up and then get Baron, but my team went in to get it and they all got executed. Then the other team got Baron. After that my team started inting and half heartedly playing. The end.

Plus side. I let my laners know that I wanted to invade Jax after Red and for them to push if they could and they did and came to help me. I didn't get Jax but I did get Blue Buff so happy that tatic and communication paid off.

Had a miss communication with Riven where I thought she wanted to go in on Jax and Sion who were wailing on Top tower. I went in hard and she was late to follow up because she just wanted help clearing the wave/pushing them off the tower. But sadly pings only say so much.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2017 10:26pm | Report

Ugh. Went to try and whack Jarvan IV in his jungle, but he apparently did a Blue side clear and then ganked Top lane, so he beat me to it. Pantheon managed to get a double kill, but then J4 camped his lane thereafter. Bot lane was just chunked constantly. Why won't you gank for us WW? Maybe because there is only one of you on there at a time that it is convenient for me to come Bot? Mid lane wasn't doing well either, partially due to J4 ganks. The Ziggs was actually pretty good at hitting his combos. Dunno. I love how healthy Warwick stays in the jungle but I feel like I struggle if I don't pick up a couple of early kills to get me snowballing. And given how many times a game I manage to die on him, I might want to consider another champion.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2017 11:15pm | Report

Had good laners this game. No one crying for their mommy to hold their hand. Even the Teemo who wasn't too happy that Camille made it through the ban phase just did his thing. Caitlyn and Morgana were handling Bot lane pretty well. Caitlyn stayed to long and died for it despite me pinging her back. But she was certainly happy to pour the pressure on, so I figured we'll see how it plays out.

Managed to time my Jaws of the Beast to stay attached to Camille when she dashed over a wall. Was happy about that since I was trying to do it.

Tried going Enchantment: Bloodrazor instead of Enchantment: Cinderhulk. I felt like I was doing more damage, but definitely felt more squish.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2017 7:03pm | Report

Team did well. Talon and Lee Sin came down and and helped us out at various stages. We pressed with the advantages we had and put in for the V.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2017 10:13pm | Report

Team was struggling in the early and mid game. Zac thought he was some sort of duelest and kept invading Vi only to be caught and die or have to run for it. Team fights we just kept clumping up and getting destroyed by Orianna's Command: Shockwave. Had a good looking Teleport to Bot lane except by the time I had ported in the Bot lane and jungler were dead and I had 4 angry enemy champions looking at me side-eyed before they pounced on me. Given how fights had been going it was looking pretty grim. They went to Baron while their Twitch pushed in their Bot lane. I went and cleared the wave and then went straight to Baron. Twitch either backed or took the long way around so i got there first. Vi saw a chance to go on Jhin which split her from her team. I came in from the side and forced Orianna and Jayce to back up to a safter position and then Twitch unstealthed right beside me so I smooshed him and then went over and peeled Vi off of Jhin.

The lane itself wasn't super duper hard. I started Q to get a few early stacks and then maxed Spirit Fire after that and didn't concern myself too much about stacking, rather I pushed when Jayce roamed which he did after his first back. And here and there on subsequent backs. I got some help from Zac and Cassiopeia which led to me getting kills on Jayce. Eventually I was in a solid enough spot to hammer down his turret for first turret gold and then rotate to Mid and Bot lane and help our team get those turrets.

The problem with the game was how fed Orianna and Vi were. Even I didn't last very long despite building reasonably tanky, though as the game went on I kept staying up longer and longer. Oh and Cass playing more like an assassin than a short ranged DPS mage. She would be in their jungle killing one or two of them but invariably getting herself killed in the process. But since she wasn't really team fighting with us, which is why we lost some of those fights so badly she did manage to get their Mid base turret and eventually their Mid inhibitor. The fight around Baron sealed the deal.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2017 10:19pm | Report

Got top again. From the way our team comp was looking I figured we needed some amount of magic damage so I opted for Nautilus. Got a good early gank from Graves in which we killed Trundle. Eventually Jayce and I took down Rift Herald and I used that to push down the Top Inner lane tower and eventually their Mid inner lane tower while my team was farting around with them in other areas. Trundle wasn't as hard as I expected. He did manage to almost kill me at level 7, but I was able to get out just barely. My wave clear was good enough that I could keep from getting pushed in which meant that he was stuck in lane with me and I could chunk him pretty good with only limted retaliation due to Courage of the Colossus and Titan's Wrath. Made for a semi-boring lane, but I'll take boring if I can farm up and get my items to be useful later in the game and keep my laner from causing havoc on the rest of the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2017 8:05am | Report
Updated champion pool as of 3-Mar-2017

I've obviously not been sticking to the champion pool i laid out a while back (page 38 of this thread IIRC). For one I've decided I'm not super comfortable in Mid lane. Short lane and the pressure to roam or wave clear and take tower, I feel like, means that you have to know your lane match-ups super well, especially given how bursty many of the champions in Mid lane are. So, part timing that position, in my opinion, is problematic. I don't like support enough to want to main it, especially at the moment where it is not uncommon to have 4-6 activateable items that you have to juggle. I'm cool with autofilling that position as needed, though I expect my pool for that position to remain small. Bot/ADC/Marksman - I just don't feel like I'm mechanically sound enough with respect to kiting to play this role all that effectively and I don't enjoy the RNG aspect that comes with syncing with a new support each game.

I find that I like a weird mix of champions ( Nautilus is probably my favorite tank and Nocturne my favorite assassin and Vel'Koz my favorite mage) and I like filling the holes my team has in their comp (need tank? need AP? okay I'll fill that need).

My plan for the time being is to focus on Jungle primarily with Top lane as secondary. I'll likely try to trade off Mid or ADC or dodge if I happen to get those positions and keep a limited pool of supports that I feel comfortable playing.

Still feeling a bit flip floppy on my jungle picks though. I've got winrates you can climb with on Vi and Hecarim over 19+ games played apiece, but keep finding myself looking for alternatives as soon as I lose a few games with them. I really enjoy Graves, but he is ADC like enough that I question my aptitude with him (being 3-3 with him may also have something do with it). Also feeling something of an itch to play Shyvana again who was my main last season in terms of number of games played. Gah!!! Sometimes having all the champions is a curse. XD

And maybe I'll scrap all this as soon as get bored. Ve shall see.

Role Champion
Jungle and you might also catch me playing
Top tentatively
Autofill Support
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2017 6:07pm | Report

So Malphite builds Rod of Ages in a matchup that he is losing hard...I tried ganking him early but of course Pantheon has enough left in the tank to Flash and kill Malphite and then every time I getting ready to get the last auto on the ******, his passive is up so he skates away with his silly base movement speed (could have used those 5 that they pulled from Vi not too long ago). Then every time I happened to be in place to do something somehow I manage not to be able to do enough of anything and die. In one instance my ult did not go off despite me mashing the R key several times. That would have netted a kill on at least Rengar. It didn't help that Zed was like I don't know what I'm doing against Vladimir would someone care to switch lanes? And Bot was whining incessantly. At one point Malphite is annoyed with me because I'm not defending a turret against Varus, Vladimir, and Karma because I don't feel like being chunked out and our ranged poke wasn't there to clear the wave. He then wanders over to Top lane when his ult comes back up and goes and clears a wave while they are sieging our Mid inner turret. I ping him back over and he whiffs his ult right in between three champions. I admit to being as *** about that by pointing out in chat that he missed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide