Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 10 of 431
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 3:04pm | Report
Why is Graves so bad? I think he is reaching Quinn levels where the only time you see one the stomp on you because the players playing them only play them.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 3:38pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:

That's kind of funny, because all of the best mids right now can catch up to you quite easily if you just walk out. Even Orianna has a slow that also speeds her up.

I run 21/0/9 for the extra ms, the small lifesteal and spellvamp that I can use early and other utility stuff. I dunno what others do.

Basically how I play LoL
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 3:40pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

Why is Graves so bad? I think he is reaching Quinn levels where the only time you see one the stomp on you because the players playing them only play them.

Graves Isn't bad. He's actually a Jinx counter considering you know how to play him due to his passive allowing you to get close to her and wreck her. Quinn is OP because she can have two tanky items and still crit for 1000 due to Harrier. I'd like to hear the owner of this thread's response though.

Basically how I play LoL
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 5:27pm | Report
I love graves. He was far and away my most played AD in S3, but he just isn't in a good spot right now. He struggles massively against the popular supports at the moment because of his low range, and he has serious issues killing one, let alone multiple tanky champions. He has to win lane to be relevant, and killing an opposing ADC when dealing with Annie Thresh and Leona, or even Lulu is a tall order, especially with how close he needs to get. I don't think hes AS bad as people make him out to be, and if the top tier supports get nerfed a tad I think he'll be pretty strong. The upcoming doran's shield nerf might be enough to make him a decent pick, but we'll have to see.

As for quinn, she has some of the highest single target damage of any ADCs if harrier passive doesn't troll, and a lot of mobility, as well as a decent lane. Her ability to blow up tanks is unrivaled by any ADC, except maybe vayne.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 5:33pm | Report
And just a heads up, I added soraka to too early to place concerning toplane. I will be updating this for 4.3, if a mod could be so kind to adjust the title appropriately I would really appreciate it.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Man I haven't posted in awhile.
Anyways.
I have a couple of little nit picks.

Top:
I don't think Rengar is tier 2 anymore, his nerfs were extremely rough and I don't ever see him played anymore.
But your top 3 Mundo/Shyvana/Renekton is spot on. (Besides the fact that Renekton is by far the strongest of the 3)

Support:
Spot on.
Janna may be tier 2 because of her power in siege comps, but that is about all she has going for her.

ADC:
Jinx is NOT a tier 1 pick. There is a reason why she is never played in Korea. Draven on the other hand is incredibly powerful. His only weakness is his extremely high skill cap.
Jinx's lack of mobility is extremely exploitable. Plus with all her recent nerfs, she just can't keep up with a good Sivir/Draven/Lucian/Caitlyn.
I would swap her tier 2 and put Draven up in tier 1.
I also feel as if Ashe's team fight utility makes her a much more viable pick than Quinn, but whatever.

Jungle:
Tier list is solid, no real complaints. There might be one or two swaps in the tier 2 and 3 needed but nothing stands out enough to matter.
Vi is debatable the STRONGEST jungler, so if you are ordering them from strongest to weakest I would put her first.
The only other thing might be Wukong, while he is strong, I find him to be teamcomp specific. Based on his recent popularity and success though, tier should be fine for now.
4.8 ad scaling on ult and AOE knock up, too stronk.

Mid:
Akali is quite strong, probably high tier 2 based on her exploitable weaknesses. Ziggs got a pretty rough nerf to his wave clear. Still strong but eh.. Not sure if Tier 1 is his place anymore. I am not a very avid mid player so my judgement may be a little swayed here.
Yasuo should be tier 1, he is extremely powerful late game and is capable of taking on Gragas. Which not many other mid laners can do.
Karthus is tier 2 since he counters Yasuo and is seeing some decent play and his ult is too damn useful.
Not sure about Orianna though.. She need to be in between tier 1 and tier 2, so I think your placement is accurate. She would be higher, but the meta of mid laners right now is too hard for her to handle.

Feel free to disagree. Just my opinion.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 8:07pm | Report
Disagree strongly with renekton being the best out of the three. I moved rengar down a while ago but I guess I forgot to edit it. Hes still solid, but not as good as before for sure.

Moved jinx down a bit in light of what I've been seeing recently, but shes still tier 1 for sure. Draven is too dependent on axes and just too difficult to play perfectly all the time to be tier 1.

Swapped wukong with pantheon.

Disagree strongly with akali. Ziggs nerf put him under nidalee in my opinion, but his spot in T1 is still deserved for sure. I've explained yasuo several times in the thread. I've played and seen a lot of yasuo, people who think he is T1 honestly haven't seen him enough. Moved a lot of mid laners around just now including karthus.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2014 4:47am | Report

And just a heads up, I added soraka to too early to place concerning toplane. I will be updating this for 4.3, if a mod could be so kind to adjust the title appropriately I would really appreciate it.

Can't the case be made that he does well vs melee assassins though? Point blank buckshots hurt pretty bad
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2014 7:51am | Report
I will be updating this for 4.3, if a mod could be so kind to adjust the title appropriately I would really appreciate it.

Done. Shoot me a PM or report the thread next time though, I could've easily missed this :P

I've played and seen a lot of yasuo, people who think he is T1 honestly haven't seen him enough.

Not sure how the nerfs in 4.3 will affect him, but what I will say is that he needed them. He really, really, really did.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2014 8:11am | Report
Um, awww, everyone's favorite battletank/crab is missing. Urgot! The poor guy is played by less than .5 percent of the population and now he can't even make it on a tier list.

Urgot should be tier 2 adc, Tier 3 top, tier 2 mid, and tier 3 jungle (seen a few plat guys starting to use him there).
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide