Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 175 of 431
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2015 11:39pm | Report
up from tier 2* my bad
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 5:43am | Report
Blitzcrank has always been that weird guy for tier lists. No matter how good you are at Blitzcrank and how much experience you have with him, you still have times where you just suck *** with him. But then there are times when you have absolutely no experience with him and you can land the most stellar grabs and turn the tides of a game with literally just one grab. He's just a more unreliable Thresh is my books, but arguably has a much higher impact than Thresh if you can get lucky. Otherwise, every other support pick is much more reliable than Blitzcrank.

Blitzcrank himself has very little supportive qualities outside of Rocket Grab and Power Fist. In lane, he is really, really weak, which isn't what you want since it is primarily the support's job early game to help win the bot lane so the ADC can transition and carry the actual game.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 11:33am | Report
Thoughts on Tris? She seems alot better now she can play aggressive early game alot better her lvl 2 is really strong.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 1:36pm | Report
Here comes Kennen...!!!!
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 3:35pm | Report
in b4 wtf Kennen tier 3 he just won lcs game.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 1:46am | Report
I think Kennen should be low tier 2, not because he's a great champ but simply because of his ability to beat Gnar and freeing up a ban. Not higher than low tier 2 though.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 3:18am | Report
I'll prob bump kennen up to bottom of t2. Winning an LCS game isn't an autobump on the list by any means, but having a decent counterpick vs some meta champs is good.

Haven't played enough 5.2 to move those champs yet.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 5:24am | Report
So long you're decent at Kennen you don't need to ban Gnar and they have to either pick it last if they're purple or give it to you if you're on blue side. Interested if Kennen might see play against other t1 top laners and how he does. That would really open up the bans and pickorder.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 5:36am | Report
So long you're decent at Kennen you don't need to ban Gnar and they have to either pick it last if they're purple or give it to you if you're on blue side. Interested if Kennen might see play against other t1 top laners and how he does. That would really open up the bans and pickorder.

Kennen becoming a common counterpick to Gnar is not going to open up picks and bans. It just means that another champion is thrown into the mix of champions who are already really strong, and then a new brand of top laners will come and counter the ones made to counter the ones before them, who just so happened to be stronger than the ones even before them. Even though the meta and champions change, there is still only a tiny number of champions being picked and banned. We'll see some new guys, but it will not open up picks and bans, it'll only mean picks and bans is focused on another set of champions.

This is the exact same situation as Trundle, who rose into popularity because of the tanky top laners you were seeing. Him being a good Renekton and Shyvana counter only meant that him, Renekton and Shyvana were the only viable picks.

Kennen won't be tier 1, as his only niche is a soft counter to only one of the current top picks up in top lane. Trundle was a hard-counter, which made big, tanky, raid bosses lose the tankiness that made them so threatening. In the end, Kennen still has all his flaws, such as a complete lack of things to do as soon as mid game hits. He literally becomes a walking Slicing Maelstrom, and that's not enough for him to become a top tier pick.

Don't get me wrong though, he's still a decent pick with a strong but unreliable ultimate. By all means play him. But one champion being a good pick against the best champion in his role doesn't make the best champion obsolete. He isn't a hard counter, and Gnar will still scale much better and be much more relevant than [[Kennen] will be when it comes to mid game.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 8:31am | Report
"I saw freddy beat youngbuck's gnar with kennen therefore counterpick"

Sometimes people nee to not draw ridiculous concussions. Youngbuck is a ****ty player and Freddy is actualy quite good. Freddy probably could have played evelynn top and still beat youngbuck and you'd all be going ****ing nuts that eve is a counterpick to gnar.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide