Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 5 of 431
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 2:07am | Report
I'm very well aware of that, but winning a matchup once vs a bronze I and consistently winning hard vs so many toplaners is something different >_>

But eh, I guess it's just that my experience so far doesn't match up with this tier list at all xD
I guess I'm just ranked way too low anyway
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 6:22am | Report
^ Top lane Elise deserves to be higher (I'd probably put her in Tier 2 somewhere), but at the same time it's not weird that people don't like her too much anymore.

With so many tanky top laners with (natural) sustain/regen being popular atm, it can be tough for her to poke effectively given the fact that she's restricted in doing so by her mana pool. On top of that, last hitting with her auto attack is pretty tough, especially if she's pushed back to her tower.

I personally have a lot of success with her, but unlike some other champions she does have some specific things people dislike about her, is what I'm saying :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 7:54am | Report

the way they are played are different. but the champions that are strong are pretty much the same.

You have a point, but look at something like Jungle Kha'Zix really monstrous in solo queue, but not that great in competitive play. Jungle Udyr was pretty good in solo queue near the end of S3 but never really panned out in competitive play. Or something like Vayne, she's not an amazing pick in competitive play, but in solo queue she's really strong because of her ability to hard carry and most teams aren't coordinated to close out games fast enough in solo queue
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 8:37am | Report
Wait...why is Wukong so high? I still don't like him jungle.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 8:38am | Report
Because new jungle items fixed his biggest problems

health and mana sustain

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 8:47am | Report
Honestly I think this is the best tier list I've ever seen - I really like the three tier setup. The only thing I don't agree with (or perhaps don't understand) is why Quinn is in tier 2 ahead of the likes of Twitch and Graves. I've seen Twitch and Graves occasionally in competitive and there are a decent amount in soloqueue (from watching streams, I know I'm not high elo), whereas I've seen more Quinn top laners than ADCs and I don't recall ever seeing her competitively played. Could you elaborate a bit on why you put her in tier 2?
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 9:06am | Report
Mid Lane Changes:
I don't think a single mainline mid laner will disagree with your tier 1 and most of your tier 2. There are a few minor changes you need to make though

Annie, Cassiopeia, and Jayce are tier 3 at best all three have major flaws. Jayce gets stomped by most semi intelligent mids. He can be strong in specific counter picks, but he is still pretty poor all the way around. Cass has issues and needs to be played perfectly to really be strong against any tier 2 champs and tier 1. Annie is almost always support now and when she is mid she is pretty much zoned out of everything unless you are facing a really bad mid laner.

Vladimir should be tier 2. He is ridiculously strong in both solo and competitive play (voyboy). He has some issues, but he is definitely able to hang with any of the rest of tier 2.

Katarina and Swain are tier 2 for solo queue. Katarina has seen in an increase in team play as well. She is essentially the ap yasuo. You build a team around making her strong.

Karma mid almost never played simply because she has nothing of value outside of lane bullying. She can't really snowball, and she can't really take down most of the top tier without consistent jungle contributions. Don't get me wrong her early game is pretty awesome and her jungle siege is really high, but her negatives severely outweigh her positives and she should be tier 3 mid.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 9:28am | Report
you forgot ryze :)
my guess would be low tier 2, but this is biased
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 9:45am | Report
No Rammus jungle?
Should at least be mentioned since the number one player in challenger on EUNE and one more in the top 10 in solo que mains him.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 11:20am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Top lane Elise deserves to be higher (I'd probably put her in Tier 2 somewhere), but at the same time it's not weird that people don't like her too much anymore.

With so many tanky top laners with (natural) sustain/regen being popular atm, it can be tough for her to poke effectively given the fact that she's restricted in doing so by her mana pool. On top of that, last hitting with her auto attack is pretty tough, especially if she's pushed back to her tower.

I personally have a lot of success with her, but unlike some other champions she does have some specific things people dislike about her, is what I'm saying :P

I go 9/21/0 elise with rushing haunting guise in to sunfire, spirit visage, sorc shoes, randuins and further situational items. I still manage to outpoke and outduel most toplaners even with a rather tanky build :P
Her human form auto attack animation is fine for last hitting in general imo, you can go in to spider mode to last hit under turret (cause of spiderling damage and +magic damage from ult) A large portion of the poke damage I put out as elise early on is auto attacks though, and since most top laners are melee this is a humongous advantage.
Just because people dislike her doesn't mean shes not better than half of the champions mentioned in tier 3/low tier 2 >.>
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide