Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 88 of 431
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 8:14pm | Report
No, No, No and No.
Quoted:
Try thinking about landing an E in the scope of a high mobility mid laner, like Zed, or LeBlanc. It is actually very, very hard to land an E on those champions.

Landing E is /EASY/ no matter who you're up against. Unless they specifically use their dash/gap-closer to jump out of the zone you shouldn't be missing... ever...
Quoted:

Again, try thinking of landing a snare in the scope of high mobility champions, like Zed, LeBlanc, Talon, Fizz, Vi, etc etc. The only times when it is important to land the snare IS when it is max range, so that your opponents can't get to you. If any of those champions get to you, things can get very ugly.

That's half of her abilities right there.

You land snares mid range, not max range. If you even manage to land a snare at a 1000 range you really weren't in any danger to begin with. Sure, a talon using ghostblade and stealthing or a rengar ulting and charging towards you might be problematic to deal with, but isn't that the case for nearly everyone?
Quoted:

Actually, it's assassins who zone you. Their heavy burst means that you HAVE to farm with your E, and if you try to farm minions without it, they can jump you, with very little room for counterplay. It is actually quite easy to dive a Lux. Some examples of champions who can dive you easily are Vi, Yasuo, Zed, Syndra, Lee Sin, Elise, and many others.

Exactly. The thing is, she doesn't allow them to get to her. Lux doesn't mind being zoned - instead of being a playmaking champion, she is a champion that punishes enemy mistakes. You sit quietly and farm until they take too much poke/you receive a jungle gank/they get low enough to be killed by a q+e+r or q+r combo. Post laning phase she functions as a teamwide support with relatively high damage given the right circumstances, with emphasis on vision control and control of the flow in fights using a calm and calculated approach.

Vi can Q+Ult to dive lux, yes, but her shield still provides enough protection to avoid dying unless she is dangerously low. Yasuo should never be able to dive you unless you walk in to a tornado, in other words you should never be in tornado range regardless. Zed can dive anybody, but his delayed burst does indeed get softened by lux's shield, not to mention zhonya's being a very valuable item on most ap mids. I don't know where you got the idea that syndra can dive lux but 1. Syndra should never be in ult range of lux and 2. Syndra is quite slow and is an easy target for q so she shouldn't ever get the chance to dive. Lee can also dive anybody, and a flash>Q>wardjump>kick combo literally has no counterplay so you can have that. Elise, however, cannot dive unless she hits her stun OR uses her E as a gapcloser, in which case she is susceptible to lux's combo.

Quoted:
Against bruisers, yes the shield will likely be enough to keep you alive under most circumstances. If you asked Vapora Dark if a Lux with a Shield is Beefy, he'll likely disagree.

...cloth armor?

On a more serious note, who else can deal with assassins? Even assassins get assassinated by enemy assassins provided they don't have some of their resources available...

How can talon survive a 6ball ult+ dfg from syndra unless he has a defensive summoner/his ult available?

How can syndra survive talon's burst unless she has zhonyas/lands a stun while he's stealthed/both?

How can yasuo survive a full leblanc combo without his wall? How can leblanc survive a yasuo Q+Ult without a defensive spell/zhonyas or her dash up in the nick of time to dodge his q?

How can any of these champs survive a lux ult + her e after they get caught by her q?

This entire argument leaves me unconvinced and makes me think about two possibilities:

1. Players in gold are so vastly different from diamonds that my experience just completely differs from yours or
2. You guys just haven't played lux enough to look past the obvious, global conclusions

idk

Well, she can remain wherever on the tier list. Personally, she produces the most consistent results and I'll keep playing her because of it :3
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 10:53pm | Report
The problem is you're rating her based on personal bias.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 11:47pm | Report
Again, why is Cho'Gath not on the list, while beeing a top lane counter to many champs and having a great lategame?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 12:33am | Report
I'm going to guess its because he is neither of those things
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 12:34am | Report
I'm going to guess its because I can't remember for the life of me who he is.

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 12:37am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Again, why is Cho'Gath not on the list, while beeing a top lane counter to many champs and having a great lategame?

Having some of the most unreliable skill shots in the game coupled with a crippling early game makes for clearly the best of top laners. Easy to shut down to boot.

This coming from a Bro'Gath enthusiast.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 4:17am | Report
Crippeling early? I only sometimes struggle at level 1 and 2, after that, I start outharassing the enemy badly. And post 6, I got the total advantage in my lane, some lanes are then a farm lanes, other lanes i just eat my enemies. But the final domination comes with 6 feast stacks and some CDR items, I just spam Feast everytime possible and the enemy can't do much against it. Thing is, not many tops can outtrade someone with such a high damage on basic attacks thanks to maxed out Vorpal Spikes+highest base and scaling attack damage and in combination with that sustain. Got by now only once destroyed in the lane, and that was by a Nidalee which got double buff at level 3...

Oh, and dat ridiculous lategame damage with auto attacks, in 5 seconds I can deal up to 5k damage with spells and attacks, while having 12k effective HP, not even considering the % reduction masteries like Reinforced Armor .
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 4:35am | Report
I still think zilean sucks as a support. His build is super ****en weird and you lack vision. He need build tear asap but that delays his gold generation item and sight stone so he loses alot.
Ralsek
<Member>
Ralsek's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 6:44am | Report
nice work on the tier list , is like the one that makes sense.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2014 7:26am | Report
tehAsian wrote:
The problem is you're rating her based on personal bias.

I'm rating her on personal experience and consistent results.

Nevertheless, until a diamond+ lux main (or just a regular lux player) comes in here with their own opinions mine will remain unchanged.

Also, can anyone give me a decent buildpath on top lane malph? Do you guys go for RoA then tank akin to maokai, full tank or something else? I always find myself oom and if I rush RoA I find myself relatively... soft in skirmishes and stuff :c

EDIT: Also, can anyone explain when and why lissandra is a good pick? I like playing her still but I'm not quite sure when she's an appropriate pick

And one more thing (lol I'm on a roll), how in heavens sake do you deal with a nami+tristana lane? Unless I'm playing a Lucian+Zyra lane it seems impossible to stop trist from farming and killing them is quite a difficult feat to accomplish with 1930293 escapes available to them :C

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide