Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Flash Free Season Three!

Creator: GrandmasterD October 28, 2012 10:15pm
Flash is a broken spell and just an excuse to make bad plays/decisions!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:46pm | Report
Was already mentioned, if you guys try to read for a change (dunno if it was by OP)

While Flash encourages aggressive play (it's good side) it gives too much freedom to forgive mistakes and "reset" a normally successful gank etc. (the bad side)

Let's exclude that you use Flash to get INTO the fight/open it.

You guys say that ppl only go in because they have Flash as a failsafe and that's exactly the problem:
If you jump into a fight you should plan ahead and react to the enemy in order to make it a success and get your *** back to safety, but many ppl use Flash to simply skip that.

You say ppl would be passive without Flash?
You're right if we talk about bad players, good ones would simply use Flash to get in and their brain to get out, Meta wouldn't really change as some ppl around here believe, it would only change where ppl aren't good enough to keep up the current Meta without Flash.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:56pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Don't even try Pølse. People have tried explaining that already. GMD refuses to understand that.

You cant read or you refuse to? I never said Flash prevents ballzy plays. I said it encourages stupid play which is something I do not like.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:00pm | Report

You cant read or you refuse to? I never said Flash prevents ballzy plays. I said it encourages stupid play which is something I do not like.

I don't really see how it encourages stupid play?

It's on a long cooldown. If you loose flash you either made a stupid play or a ballzy play, but you weren't encouraged to do the stupid play due to having flash, you just lost your escape spell, will probably loose out on farm because of it and will definately loose out on trades and harrass. How was the stupid player ever encouraged for such a situation to happen?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:03pm | Report
Quoted:

I don't really see how it encourages stupid play?

It's on a long cooldown. If you loose flash you either made a stupid play or a ballzy play, but you weren't encouraged to do the stupid play due to having flash, you just lost your escape spell, will probably loose out on farm because of it and will definately loose out on trades and harrass. How was the stupid player ever encouraged for such a situation to happen?

Because you can make the most stupid decisions but it doesn't matter since you can just undo it with a single press on your F or D key! You could counterjungle the enemy blue without any vision and whilst attacking the golem you get caught... np Flash! The counterjungle itself was a stupid idea but you can fix your stupidity with Flash.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:14pm | Report

Because you can make the most stupid decisions but it doesn't matter since you can just undo it with a single press on your F or D key! You could counterjungle the enemy blue without any vision and whilst attacking the golem you get caught... np Flash! The counterjungle itself was a stupid idea but you can fix your stupidity with Flash.

The counterjungle was a risk you took, it would've been good if you got away with it. I myself solo-invade the enemy red often as both shaco and olaf and mostly get away with it(and firstblood) does that make it a bad play since i need flash for it to work on the olaf? if it does then i'm the worst jungler out there because everytime my flash is up i solo-invade all-day erryday.

It's a risk-reward system where flash lowers the cap of when making a play will be more rewarding than risky. But i quess i'm just a baddie for solo-invading.

I see that more as a ballzy play than a stupid one. But i quess my ballz are just my lack of brain.

Edit: the example you give is exactly one of the situations where flash promoted agressive play since without flash he would've not done it due to the sole risk of dying.

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:20pm | Report
Righto you are.

Flash replaces your lack of brain.
You can't do a certain action without using Flash for retreat -> bad play.

Not that I discourage aggressive playstyle/using Flash aggressively, but that's where one of Flash's OP bad sides come into play: Using Health/Ghost/etc. wouldn't save your *** at this point 99% of time if the enemy knows how to CC you, only Flash makes this possible.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:22pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

You can't do a certain action without using Flash for retreat -> bad play.

So getting first blood in almost every single game i'm against a weak jungler is me playing badly.. rightoo..

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:23pm | Report
Quoted:

The counterjungle was a risk you took, it would've been good if you got away with it. I myself solo-invade the enemy red often as both shaco and olaf and mostly get away with it(and firstblood) does that make it a bad play since i need flash for it to work on the olaf? if it does then i'm the worst jungler out there because everytime my flash is up i solo-invade all-day erryday.

It's a risk-reward system where flash lowers the cap of when making a play will be more rewarding than risky. But i quess i'm just a baddie for solo-invading.

I see that more as a ballzy play than a stupid one. But i quess my ballz are just my lack of brain.

Edit: the example you give is exactly one of the situations where flash promoted agressive play since without flash he would've not done it due to the sole risk of dying.

Proper warding and map awareness would've solved your problem. Invading without vision is stupid no matter what kind of term you like to use for it. If you use ballzy as synonym for stupid then yeah, it was ballzy play. People often mistake stupidty for bravery. Willing to take a risk makes a good player; exploiting a low risk/reward ratio makes a great player.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:26pm | Report
supid plays? -> flash
enemies with flash -> CC
2 much CC -> flash skill champs or tanky

and thus u have ur team formated.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:27pm | Report
Quoted:

Whenever i play mid my whole game changes when my flash is on CD. (i play kata, akali and anivia) I know that i as all of thoose 3 characters am safe with flash thus can i actually go into melee range and actively harrass the enemy, whenever the location of the enemy jungler is unknown to me and my flash is on cooldown i don't do this stuff simply because i know it might get me killed.

You only need to place 1 ward to continue playing aggressively safely without flash. Ward one side, stick to that side while laning, and if their jungler comes to gank from that side you'll see them before they come into your reach and you can go back to your tower, or escape to the other brush. If they gank from the opposite side, they still won't come anywhere near your reach, because you're camping your safe side, and can retreat into it and safely escape the gank. Flash isn't necessary at any point if you just pay attention to your ward.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide