Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An idea for new voting system. Hopefully this...

Creator: bitpik November 8, 2012 5:15am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:32pm | Report
Night that's not at all what it was about zzz

y u even reveal secret discussion
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:38pm | Report
lol Night. That particular idea wasn't about NORMAL voting. Don't confuse the masses.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:38pm | Report
I want people to check my edited version of the post. There is response to people who say that this site is for everyone.
I was born nude but now i am dude
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:42pm | Report
bitpik wrote:

So i dont care if low level players dont get as much power as high level players. Low level players dont have enough game knowledge to vote for guides anyway, and right now low level players have power over high level players because they are the majority.

So, my vote for my government at age 21 should be worth less than an "experienced" 85 year old? If anything, if you want to follow a segregated vote setting, plat votes should be worth LESS due to population (LOL AMERICA).

No matter how you phrase it, you're saying that low elo/no elo people votes shouldn't count.

You're virtually bringing up the same argument I hear every day, "BUT MAAAAAAAATT, THEY TROLL VOTED ME!!!! THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! THEY AREN'T 3303030303003030333300000000333303030 elo!"

♡ sig by me ♡
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:51pm | Report
So, if you get trollvoted by a high elo, does it count as -5?
thataznkid95
<Member>
thataznkid95's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:54pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

So, my vote for my government at age 21 should be worth less than an "experienced" 85 year old? If anything, if you want to follow a segregated vote setting, plat votes should be worth LESS due to population (LOL AMERICA).

No matter how you phrase it, you're saying that low elo/no elo people votes shouldn't count.

You're virtually bringing up the same argument I hear every day, "BUT MAAAAAAAATT, THEY TROLL VOTED ME!!!! THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! THEY AREN'T 3303030303003030333300000000333303030 elo!"

I agree if this were to actually take effect then it is the same as the theory of Rich v Poor. In a sense it is the same as the 3/5 compromise(american history).

This system would make it pointless for the lower elo to give their opinion and vote, rather it would be discouraging.

Giving high elo people 3x more voting power than reg would feed their egotism. Not to mention if they really wanted, hypothetically speaking, they could just form a group and down vote every other guides thats not their own. Not to mention those "troll" votes that you cant do anything about.

This is simply too destructive of an idea on a public site where we all just want to help the community grow.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 2:58pm | Report
+Rep, ANZKid. Great post and fantastic emphasis.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 3:07pm | Report

I agree if this were to actually take effect then it is the same as the theory of Rich v Poor. In a sense it is the same as the 3/5 compromise(american history).

This system would make it pointless for the lower elo to give their opinion and vote, rather it would be discouraging.

Giving high elo people 3x more voting power than reg would feed their egotism. Not to mention if they really wanted, hypothetically speaking, they could just form a group and down vote every other guides thats not their own. Not to mention those "troll" votes that you cant do anything about.

This is simply too destructive of an idea on a public site where we all just want to help the community grow.

This changed my view on this subject. However, i believe that if it stays this way every 1700+ ELO player will leave the site, which means the community of mobafire is growing but in the wrong direction. Mobafire already has an awful reputation because of unviable builds and guides being at the top.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 3:14pm | Report
In my opinion, having your guide on mobafire versus having it on solomid is a question of whether you want to help people or you want a bigger ego. "Approved on solomid" sounds nice and all, but approved guides often suffer through having few views/readers despite how much info they have and despite how much better they are than featured guides.

I think the issue is in the site design. Newer players come to Mobafire, see the free week champions at the top, click on the portrait to bring up guides, and visit the top few. On solomid, there is really no such design, and players will look at pro/featured builds rather than approved. The system search also defaults it to only show featured.

I have not updated my approved Sona guide on Solomid lately nor have I ported any of my other guides over to Solomid because I don't think it's worth the time/effort. The people who look up guides are going to read the featured ones and move on. I think guide authors on this site who are lower elo would feel similarly if the system didn't display guides of all elo by default.

Even if I were 200 ELO higher and capable of having a featured guide on Solomid, I wouldn't bother doing it. I know from being a Solomid guide moderator in the past that their guide section is lazily made and depends on the blood and sweat of hard working community volunteers to draw in site views and ad money for Messiah, who is a completely incompetent and useless admin.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 3:14pm | Report
Im not crying about me being downvoted cause right now i dont see that as a problem, the problem i see is that some guides get upvoted when they shouldnt. There are many horrible top rated guies on this site and most of the comments prove that the players voting on them dont know what they are talking about.

However, i do acknowledge the points you are giving and i agree that this system would feed the egoism of high level players, which obviously isnt a good thing. I dont think that it matters that much though because at the moment there is such a small amount of gold and platinum players that our opinion doesnt matter anyway.

This isnt a country, this is a site where people come to learn.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide