Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An idea for new voting system. Hopefully this...

Creator: bitpik November 8, 2012 5:15am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 6:44pm | Report
It could hardly make anything worse, to be honnest. But I do agree with Mowen's points.

But PLEASE, think of something.
Hey how about having an ELO filter when you search guide? *cough*solomiddotnet*cough*. Would this be frustrating too for the lower ELO fellows? Not being ironic, genuine interrogation here.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:05pm | Report
We have an ELO filter already, which is one of my points that if you want high ELO guides you can already find them!

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse?sort_type=modify_ts&sort_order=desc&champion_id=&lane=&role=&map=&guide_type=&threshold=guides&freshness=Stale&author=gold

See the dropdown beside "Author"?
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:07pm | Report
OH MY.
That'll teach me to skim -_-'

SO hey, people, what's wrong with the guides now? Votes dont matter much now, if you want only "high-fi" guides, do they?
Although, Mowen, if I may suggest, making the Featured section a little more visible would possibly help Mobafire's reputation regarding guides. I know it sounds harsh for some contributors, and JhoiJhoi will probably hate my post, but well, you can easily ask random people in the LoL player base yourself and notice a sadly high proportion have a very negative opinion about our guides.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:44pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I'm all for changing the scout system to only feature high elo scouts

Yes.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:46pm | Report
I don't think we should place more value on people's votes on the basis that they're a vet or some elo. Everyone should have a single vote worth the same as everyone else. From what I understand this site was made with the idea that anyone could make a guide and anyone could vote regardless of elo.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:54pm | Report
Just so you're aware (via Scout forums, on the 12th of October):
jhoijhoi wrote:
Now that we have elo verification, I believe that anyone below 1500 elo should be dropped from the scout system. I understand that would mean a fair amount of us would be then excluded from the system, but I believe the quality of Scouted guides would improve if the people scouting them actually knew what they were doing.

I realised 1500 isn't "high" elo, but it is good enough to be featured as High Elo on the front page, so I believe it is good enough to be 1500 elo to Scout.

I also realise that I, personally, would be dropped from the Scouting system. I'm fine with that. Scouts should be players who have a reasonably high elo, they should be playing ranked to keep up with the current meta - I meet neither of those criteria, I'm only a scout because I received enough +rep to be one.

tldr:
New threshold for Scouts.
- Need 70 +rep (or whatever it is)
- Need 1500 elo or more (verified)
- All scouts below 1500 elo are dropped from being a scout.

What do you all think? If you vote, PLEASE leave a comment. If you vote "no" just because you want to remain a scout and you're less than 1500 elo - that's terrible. Don't think about yourself, think about MobaFire. I'm not saying you have to have 1500 elo to be a good scout. I'm saying that being 1500 elo and playing ranked games is a great prerequisite.

Just like certain jobs require a university degree and experience to even bother applying, Scouting too, should have high expectations before promotion.

As I said, I'm happy to have myself dropped from this list. I will work hard to get to 1500 elo to be put back on, but I don't believe that members under 1500 elo should be scouting guides.

Poll results: 64% for YES to Scouts of HIGH ELO only (1500 elo).

So calm yo jets. Matt and Flash knows how the community feels, but they've got a lot on their plate right now.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
complexity
<Member>
complexity's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 7:57pm | Report
Making ELO a requirement to be a Scout sounds like a really good idea. But, wouldn't you need a limitation imposed on how many guides can be featured per champion?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 8:46pm | Report
No limit. It's unlikely there will be 5 optimal Ahri guides, for example.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 10:03pm | Report
bitpik wrote:

If a guide site has no high level opinion its reputation will be horrible, leading to a smaller amount of players joining.

This statement appears to be demonstrably untrue. MOBAFire's reputation for guide quality isn't all that great compared to SoloMid, yet we also seem to have a much larger and more thriving community. There are a lot of other factors at work.

Mowen wrote:

Also, we are aware that the scout system is not working and are working on changing that. We have been talking with the Vets but haven't 100% decided on anything / had time to implement the changes yet.

While it's great that there's an active discussion about this, the situation is itself extremely frustrating. It is extremely difficult for people who are not already Scouts, Vets, or similarly privileged users to discuss anything that would benefit the site due to the existence of forums only viewable to those privileged users, the fact that those forums seem to be used largely to discuss improvements to the site, and the fact that every time someone brings up improvements elsewhere, Vets and the like note that it is already being discussed on these secret forums. It would be really nice if there was either a non-secret forum for discussing site improvements, so that everyone could participate, or if these secret forums were not completely hidden from view to lower members, so that we can at least see what's going on in them.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 10:18pm | Report
The support forum is for suggestions and feedback, it's just kind of hidden and people don't generally use it for that purpose.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide