Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [PILOT]

Creator: Vynertje April 1, 2014 6:11am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Would you like this to be a weekly thing?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 2:04am | Report
E>Q>W will lower your damage while not really making your clearing faster as Lee Sin
You should also consider to max W second, even after the nerf or rather because of the nerf the cdr is really needed.
Maybe people will get used to Q>E>W since W is so much weaker now, we will see and try around.

Bout barrier and heal, I run heal most of the time, it helps alot and barrier somehow seems weaker on early levels.
Regardless, my Double Heal Vayne+Lulu won really easy vs a Varus with barrier and his janna with ignite. Might be a new cool thing :p!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 12:24pm | Report

What do you think about maxing E>Q>W on Lee in the jungle? On a tanky build that is.

EDIT: And the new Heal in general?

Maxing E on Lee Jungle is pretty bad compared to Q unless their whole team is stacking jesus amounts of armor (Malphite, Taric, Rammus, heavy passive armor champs and the rare event they're all going randuin + thornmail + sunfire - you get the picture).

So really, it should be Q>W OR E>. After maxing Q, you should really gauge what your need needs the most. If you're going to be in a lot of skirmishes and think that your solo lanes can CC and burst fast, second maxing E is great. If you think that the skirmishes are going to be very mobile and "in and out-ish", maxing W is optimal so you can weave through stuff. Yeah, they nerfed his Safeguard CD when he dashes to non-champs but it only got extended by 5~ seconds. Just try to shield champions.

As a Lee main, I strongly advise running 5% CDR on glyphs and 5% CDR on Offensive masteries. With the higher cooldowns on W, you can feel it if you don't run CDR glyphs but if you do, it's not as impactful. The 5% CDR also helps lower your other abilities pretty well and the MR(what you'd probably take in place of the CDR) won't be missed for higher mobility and damage. Plus, all runes are on sale atm so it's best to grab them now!

Regarding Heal, it's strong now because of it's mini-ghost effect. Really no point to take it over Barrier since Barrier grants a bit more temporary HP but it doesn't grant effective HP, Grievous Wounds cleanse and a temp speed boost...
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:11pm | Report
Thoughts on the value of the following?;

AS quints, Scaling CDR blues, Scaling health yellows? Not for any particular champ, but in general.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:14pm | Report
AS quints are good on champions that inherently benefit from AS in runes over AD.

Scaling CDR blues seem good but I don't know what champion would prefer it over A) Flat CDR B) Scaling AP C) Flat MR. Also, considering most mages already have at least 25% CDR in their core build (athene's) I don't really see why you'd want to get these.

Scaling health yellows are super powerful late game, but I'm not 100% sure if it's worth giving up early power for it. I think it's primarily up to your personal preference and playstyle.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:21pm | Report
Ok follow up question; AS quints on the following?;

Top Aatrox, Jungle Udyr or Volibear?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:23pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

AS quints are good on champions that inherently benefit from AS in runes over AD.

Scaling CDR blues seem good but I don't know what champion would prefer it over A) Flat CDR B) Scaling AP C) Flat MR. Also, considering most mages already have at least 25% CDR in their core build (athene's) I don't really see why you'd want to get these.

Scaling health yellows are super powerful late game, but I'm not 100% sure if it's worth giving up early power for it. I think it's primarily up to your personal preference and playstyle.

Personally I use Scaling CDR on some mage-y supports and on Zed top. On Vel'Koz support, for example, CDR is your primary stat and with scaling cdr you will cap with just a Morellonomicon which I think is very convenient.

I run Scaling health on all my mid-laners (except Zed) but run flat ones on most supports, sometimes in conjuction with the armour quints as they have not been nerfed. Flat for bot lane as it's a duo lane and thus level slower. In mid-lane not much happens pre-6 and you already start with a chunk of health from the Doran's Ring.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:55pm | Report

Ok follow up question; AS quints on the following?;

Top Aatrox, Jungle Udyr or Volibear?

1) Nope. Flat AD is more valuable IMO
2) Nope, Udyr and Volibear really need movement speed quints
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 1:59pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

1) Nope. Flat AD is more valuable IMO
2) Nope, Udyr and Volibear really need movement speed quints

On jungle Aatrox, however, I prefer to run some AS and start with DBlade.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 4:53pm | Report
on hecarim if youre building trinity force would it be better to get sheen or phage first? ive been going phage but i see others get sheen first

EDIT: also runes? ive been going armpen reds armor yellows mr blues(might change to scaling when i get them idk) and MS quints
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 5:13pm | Report
Hey what do you think of my Udyr jungle build. Anything you would change?

link

The link contains everything from build, masteries, runes, etc
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Want some legendary signatures? Stop by Ubnoxius's Signature Store for some awesome signatures!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide