Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [PILOT]

Creator: Vynertje April 1, 2014 6:11am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Would you like this to be a weekly thing?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2014 11:47pm | Report
Ok, here goes; Rengar, thoughts on his rework? After testing today, I can safely say as an Avid Rengar fan that he sucks as a top laner now. But that isn't really what my qestion is.

Thoughts on him as jungler now?
Bonus question; what about Feral Flare? Any good?
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 12:25am | Report

Ok, here goes; Rengar, thoughts on his rework? After testing today, I can safely say as an Avid Rengar fan that he sucks as a top laner now. But that isn't really what my qestion is.

I am somewhat on the fence with his rework. For example I enjoy his W buff, I think that was a good change for him. His Q is somewhat weird for me. It seems you cannot use both the empowered and regular Q on rapid succession, there is a small delay that annoys the **** out of me. His E change is definitely something I am hating. The skill shot part can be annoying but the empowered skillshot i feel is the worse. They made it so it's like "You land it and kill them" and "You don't land it and wasted your empowerment you goof". His R feels so different because of how they swapped when you gain the furiousity. It seems you kinda need to have a full furiosity bar before using your ult to gain full use of it. I do enjoy the bonetooth necklace how it is a trinket now, it allows for extra room for another item. I don't like the new effects it gives though. I feel that the old ones felt nice for him.

Also try the ninfang build. It gives him lots of armor shredding power and damage to take out both squishies and tanks.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Signature I made. Want one like it? Check out my shop here
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 2:16am | Report

Rengar jungle isn't terrible but there's really no point in playing him over other stronger junglers like Lee, Pant, Kha, etc. The fact that they moved his AS bonus to Empowered Q makes his clear a bit longer. With the addition of his E now becoming a skill shot, it's more difficult for his ganks compared to pre-change where it was no skill and it auto locked onto a target.

For Feral Flare, it's too early to really call if it's god-tier or lackluster. However, Scarra was raving a lot about it. As a jungle main, I think it's not bad if your champion is an AA reliant jungle such as Xin. I personally haven't tried it out for myself in a competitive game so take what I say with a grain of salt but from the games that I've spectated with this item in it, it seems quite powerful since it grants a lot of AS, AD plus bonus on-hit damage that applies on champions also! The great thing about this item is that it's a mini-forever stacking item like Nasus and Veigar so it'll scale somewhat decently towards mid to late game if you stack well.

The only concern I have about Feral Flare is the lack of "mana vamp" that Spirit of the Elder Lizard(SoEL) grants. With SoEL, you can spam your abilities to help speed up your clear since you'll regain your mana but with Feral Flare, you can't spam your abilties since you'll be oom by the time you try to gank. However, I suppose Feral Flare would be pretty OP if it also granted mana on hit.

If anyone was wondering why I didn't mention the hp regain off SoEL, it's because Feral Flare restores 10hp/auto so that's pretty equivalent. The gold gains are also about equal since Feral Flare grants 30% bonus compared to the stacking gold/sec SoEL gives. While we're comparing, you do lose 10% CDR and a somewhat negligible true damage burn by going Feral Flare. However, I believe the AS gain, on-hit damage and extra ward makes up for it.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 4:51am | Report
Feral flare itself is a good item now I think but most champions that like to run it aren't strong picks in the current meta. Probably only common jungler that might run it is Nocturne.

I can't tell how good Rengar is now because I just haven't seen him yet.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 8:04am | Report
Is Lee Sin mid good in season 4? Also why is he picked more in the top lane now than before?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 8:20am | Report
I don't see Lee Sin mid being very good anymore after the changes to his shield. A lot of his mid lane playmaking came from Safeguarding to a minion or ward to close the gap.
He's picked more in top lane because you can just max shield and win trades with most other melees. He's a strong bruiser than can outduel almost anyone.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 1:44pm | Report
What do you think about maxing E>Q>W on Lee in the jungle? On a tanky build that is.

EDIT: And the new Heal in general?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 1:56pm | Report

What do you think about maxing E>Q>W on Lee in the jungle? On a tanky build that is.

EDIT: And the new Heal in general?

I'm not a lee expert but afaik maxing E reduces your damage output in ganks significantly, especially considering it is magic damage.

New heal is really good (I've heard a lot of people in solo queue say it is better than barrier for ADC) but I'm not sure how good it exactly is. It should be a solid pick now though.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 2:00pm | Report
Thanks!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 11:41pm | Report
I think barrier is still good, heal only applies the remove healing reduction debuff after the heal so majority of the time you are getting half the heal.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide