Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [PILOT]

Creator: Vynertje April 1, 2014 6:11am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Would you like this to be a weekly thing?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 9:26am | Report

Running Exhaust on ADCs again (like back in Season 1) seems to make a whole lot of sense again. It peels, helps you win duels, and lowers burst damage. Supports can then choose to run Heal for defensive lanes and late-game or Ignite for laning power and kill potential.

Problem with exhaust is it being less reliable than exhaust and requiring superb timing while barrier is a lot easier to use. It also doesn't help against long range mages.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 9:29am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Problem with exhaust is it being less reliable than exhaust and requiring superb timing while barrier is a lot easier to use. It also doesn't help against long range mages.

It does deal with stuff like Renekton and other bruisers who are usually a lot more problematic for an ADC than a mage like Ziggs is.
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 6:51pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

The build is good however I'd personally replace one offensive item for a defensive one, probably Randuin's Omen. This build is really low on HP for a tanky champion. Flash is worth considering as well.

I will agree with you, Randuin's Omen is a great item on Udyr. But the reason I don't get it as my first item is because Frozen Heart helps me out more than Randuin's Omen would early game. Since my build uses feral flame I don't exactly have a way to regain my mana like Spirit of the Ancient Golem or Spirit of the Elder Lizard does. So As a way to respond to this I get frozen heart either after I get Mercury's Treads or after I get Trinity Force. It all depends on the situation. But just because I get Frozen Heart doesn't mean I think Randuin's Omen wont work for this build. I agree and beleive that Randuin's Omen is a very good item choice and like the reasons you mentioned makes this a good item from Udyr. I would get this item as my last item if I am doing fine but some more health would be nice or after Frozen Heart incase they have lots of armor pen or their adc is still being a problem.

Also I find Flash to be a very good spell on Udyr as well, I just prefer ghost because I tend to play very aggressive and being able to rush lanes with Ghost and Blazing Stampede is extremely fun and effective.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Tired of nightmares? Why not have a fantasy! Stop by Uproar's Design Workshop for some signatures you could only dream of.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 11:41pm | Report
IPodPulse wrote:

Oh no, I have lots of runes, i'm actually saving up some more money because I was planning the buy health seals all at once. If you have any other kinds of runes you would recommend just ask. I spend lots of IP on runes so I probably have most of the runes you are asking for.

I just replied to you in-game since you asked me that question there but I'll also post it here for any individuals that wanted an answer.

They're expensive but I'm avid users of flat CDR blues. With 6 flat CDR glyphs, you gain +5% CDR and the offensive talent tree also provides you with another 5%. 10% CDR is huge and many people won't see how powerful it is until they see how much much more spammable their abilities are in the jungle thanks to their reduced cool-downs. Case in point - having 5% CDR plus an additional 5% from masteries outweighs the opportunity cost of going MR flat or MR/level. Also with your specific Udyr build, your total CDR comes to 30% so the 5% from runes and 5% from masteries will actually place you at the cap (40%).

Also I believe it's too soon to be concrete with the recent rune changes but I believe that you can swap your yellow armor runes into flat HP or scaling HP. With the global armor buffs, you actually don't need that much armor anymore so getting effective HP for early skirmishes(flat) or scaling towards late game(scaling) should be a lot stronger than 6-7~ armor that you're fore-going.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 12:58pm | Report
Finally decided to pick up Karma support. Opinions, counters, synergy, items ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:03pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Finally decided to pick up Karma support. Opinions, counters, synergy, items ?

I'd go Spellthief's Edge -> Frostfang -> Sightstone -> Sorcerer's Shoes -> Talisman of Ascension -> Mikael's Blessing -> Liandry's Torment.

Overall I'd say she's pretty strong in lane albeit mostly pre-6 as she doesn't have a real ultimate (Sorry Mantra, you won't ever be a real ultimate). Synergises well with high mobility stuff like Sivir and Lucian. I'd say she does well against anything mage-like such as Annie, Morgana and Nami and has trouble with tanky stuff like Leona and Thresh despite them being low-range.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:07pm | Report
^that...I disagree that Thresh is much of an issue though. He tends to be kinda squish early, so you can poke him down fairly easily and shut his lane down without much trouble.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:08pm | Report

I'd go Spellthief's Edge -> Frostfang -> Sightstone -> Sorcerer's Shoes -> Talisman of Ascension -> Mikael's Blessing -> Liandry's Torment.

Overall I'd say she's pretty strong in lane albeit mostly pre-6 as she doesn't have a real ultimate (Sorry Mantra, you won't ever be a real ultimate). Synergises well with high mobility stuff like Sivir and Lucian. I'd say she does well against anything mage-like such as Annie, Morgana and Nami and has trouble with tanky stuff like Leona and Thresh despite them being low-range.

She is great against poke and champions that can't heal themselves.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:12pm | Report

^that...I disagree that Thresh is much of an issue though. He tends to be kinda squish early, so you can poke him down fairly easily and shut his lane down without much trouble.

That's pretty much only in the early-game. The longer the lane lasts, the harder it gets. There's no way you can beat Thresh in all-ins and he gets really tanky so that's why I'd generally not pick Karma into Thresh.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Karma should be quite easy vs thresh because you can force him low really easily, he has no mobility to evade poke and you can easily dodge hooks with shields, if played well.

Her problem is that she doesn't spike at level 6 whereas other champions do, and her speed buffs late game are only useful if you can control engages which is hard in solo queue. Besides that her damage is MASSIVE though.

Also, I think I'll start tomorrow with the weekly format. Probably starting with Botlane first. I'll PM mowen to see if she can post it on the news.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide