Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Best masteries for most or all adc

Creator: Bell Silver February 13, 2016 2:09pm
1 2
Bell Silver
<Member>
Bell Silver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 2:09pm | Report
I need help with adc masteries, is there like a mastery for all adcs that they can use or most can use. I played for several months now but never learned about masteries, I just put points into what i think i need but now i want to learn and get better so i need help with finding the best masteries for adc's, supports and such.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 2:14pm | Report

Jhin might want Warlord's Bloodlust but others use these 99% of time.
Bell Silver
<Member>
Bell Silver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 2:24pm | Report
Thanks a lot! So the champs I have now is Tristana, Sivir and Ashe would that work for them as well
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 2:28pm | Report
Thanks a lot! So the champs I have now is Tristana, Sivir and Ashe would that work for them as well

Yes, I believe these masteries are the best choices for those champions =)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 6:18pm | Report
Some caster champions (e.g. Corki) benefit from Thunderlord's Decree more than Fervor of Battle .
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 4:05am | Report
Corki mainly wants Precision, and therefore gets Thunderlord's Decree as it's the best keystone mastery of the cunning tree. Miss Fortune wants Thunderlord's Decree for the synergy with her E (though that's a boring playstyle IMO).

It's optional on ADC's like Lucian because Thunderlord's Decree makes him a better lane bully but Fervor of Battle will give him much higher DPS in the mid and late-game, and I personally value that more.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 1:54pm | Report
Corki mainly wants Precision, and therefore gets Thunderlord's Decree as it's the best keystone mastery of the cunning tree.

I don't agree. If Fervor of Battle was the most optimal keystone on Corki, he'd be running 18 Ferocity. Precision isn't a good enough reason to switch keystones. Corki ends up dealing over 70% magic damage so he'd do just fine with Piercing Thoughts .

The hybrid pen is a nice bonus though.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 4:30pm | Report
I mean, if you're laning against a mage with 30 MR (as everyone runs CDR/lvl glyphs), Piercing Thoughts will give you 2.1 magic penetration, which doesn't increase at all unless they specifically build magic resistance or they're a melee that gets MR/lvl. Precision gives you 3.3 magic pen right from level 1 and the difference only gets bigger as you gain 0.3 magic pen every level. Even on bot lane against ADC's with full MR glyphs, or against ***** mages that are running full MR glyphs on mid lane, with 42 MR you'll receive 2.94 magic pen against them, and ADC's for sure won't be building any magic resist at all until after their 2nd core item at the earliest.

The argument for Precision vs Battering Blows isn't as compelling on physical damage dealers as it is for magic damage dealers, given the fact that all champions gain armor per level anyway so the difference in armor pen between Ferocity and Cunning isn't as big as the difference in magic pen, so it's not quite as worthwhile mentioning. For magic damage dealers it is though, and the fact that Corki also greatly benefits from the armor penetration of Precision as opposed to just the magic penetration like most magic damage dealers would, just makes it an even better mastery on him compared to other ADC's that would take it to get to Thunderlord's Decree .

It's by no means the sole deciding factor, but I guarantee you that if Piercing Thoughts were anywhere near as good as Precision on Corki, you would see most ADC Corki's in pro play and high Elo taking Fervor of Battle , and possibly the mid lane Corki's too.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 5:01pm | Report
Thunderlord's corki is the way to go. Fervor doesn't scale that well if you don't get armor pen. Corki also doesn't really auto as much as other ADCs, and only has E to keep fervor stacked, which generally isn't safe. Precision is also really good.

12 in resolve really isn't that bad. Extra sustain + tankiness early on as well as summ spell CD can be more beneficial in some games.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2016 5:21pm | Report
Thunderlord's corki is the way to go. Fervor doesn't scale that well if you don't get armor pen. Corki also doesn't really auto as much as other ADCs, and only has E to keep fervor stacked, which generally isn't safe. Precision is also really good.

Doesn't half of Fervor of Battle 's damage get split into magic damage on Corki? His passive is meant to split all auto-attack damage, and that includes Trinity Force/ Sheen proc, so I don't see Fervor of Battle being any different. And I don't know what you mean about E being the only way to keep it stacked, it's more easily and constantly stacked on just auto-attacks, and his R is actually one of the best tools for keeping it stacked from a range that isn't accessible to most ADC's.

I'm not denying that Thunderlord's Decree is the way to go on Corki, but I think that's in large part due to Precision vs Piercing Thoughts rather than Thunderlord's Decree vs Fervor of Battle .
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide