Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Do I Deserve to be in 1100 ELO?

Creator: EVILISLEMONS June 14, 2012 8:23am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 9:42am | Report
By destroying an early turret, this will help out your other lanes. If one of your other lanes is getting destroyed then this will speed up the laning phase and move faster into the roaming phase.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:20am | Report
^

I'm never sure of that. Whenever I destroy a turret too early, I feel like that laner - who was probably denied for such a fast push - will get free farm, or that I might force roam phase which doesn't always favor my team (some lanes behind and stuff).

I actually only do the last blow if I'm fully dominant and already successfully ganked a lane. I like to leave it pushed, force the enemy to lose CS and repush while I do my bizz
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:40am | Report
Man it totally sucks when you have to play hard carry champs in order to win the game. I mean, I do like to try but I also like to play a variety of champions - not just going Jax, Yorick, Darius, Fiora or whatever other strong champions there are. If I play other champions than the ones I just listed, I can still crush my lane going 8-0+ and push both their turrets, but when the enemy team starts banding together to team fight, our team loses.

Last night, I was playing as Yorick top-lane vs. Irelia. I zoned her out so hard that she was forced to go mid against our Malzahar. Subsequently, Morde came up and again I zoned him out hard. I won my lane by pushing two turrets while having 30-40 CS above both Irelia and Mordekaiser, but then I looked at the scoreboard. 20-5 in THEIR favor. I was 3-0, while the rest of the team fed 20 kills just to get 2 kills in exchange. Bottom got absolutely dominated and mid started losing too. They ran a Blitzcrank + Urgot combo bottom and Soraka + Kog'maw were incredible derpsauces getting pulled by easily avoidable rocket grabs. I tried to carry the game but every time we went for a team fight, Kog would back off TOO FAR to be of use (aiming for carries), Soraka would use heal when more than 3 of us are at full life just to save one person, and Malzahar would sometimes surpress Blitzcrank with his ultimate out of panic when he gets zoned by him. Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of everyone trying to kite while attacking Urgot but my team dies before I can get to kill him. I end up going 3-6 afterwards. At least that's better than the 4 others on my team who went like 0-7, 2-8, 0-6, 1-5.

I can't "connect" with my team mates for team fights. I'm guessing it's because they don't have as much experience as me, but we never seem to have a good chemistry. When a friend and I duo queue, we run a kill-lane at bottom and I believe we have AMAZING chemistry. We always win our games (speaking of which, I think I'll have to record a replay of us dominating our lanes). But he's not always available when I'm on so it sucks.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:44am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

^

I'm never sure of that. Whenever I destroy a turret too early, I feel like that laner - who was probably denied for such a fast push - will get free farm, or that I might force roam phase which doesn't always favor my team (some lanes behind and stuff).

I actually only do the last blow if I'm fully dominant and already successfully ganked a lane. I like to leave it pushed, force the enemy to lose CS and repush while I do my bizz

This.

As long as their turret is still standing, your opponent will be forced to keep coming back to lane or lose out on a ton of experience and gold. For this reason I generally never autoattack turrets at all until the lane phase is already over. I prefer to just push minions up to the tower repeatedly whenever they aren't in lane.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:50am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

^

Luther3000 wrote:

This.

As long as their turret is still standing, your opponent will be forced to keep coming back to lane or lose out on a ton of experience and gold. For this reason I generally never autoattack turrets at all until the lane phase is already over.

To be honest, it's real situational. In lower ELO, I don't think that people can lane freeze effectively so they'll just end up pushing the lane back to the center. If you just make periodic visits back to your lane, you should keep up in farm.

Although, if they're a terrible turret farmer, like a decent chunk of the AP mids, just leave the turret up.

That's just my opinion though.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:51am | Report
In lower Elo you just kill the guy whenever he is in the lane. :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 11:42am | Report
^

Also it depends on the lane.

It's less important mid lane, more important top and bot lane.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 12:45pm | Report

Try out other people you trust, or get more people you trust for duo ranked (be it same lane or not).
And yay, apparantly my approach isn't too far off! And yes, I kill my opponent whenever he tries to lane, but I hardy lose cs doing so (depends on lane opponent and whatnot).

If their overeager to kill me, however, I do the opposite; I just dodge their aggression, punish, and CS. People who do that often get behind me in terms of CS fast, and I can nuke them later since they don't even have the perception of how ahead they allowed me to get
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 12:51pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

People who do that often get behind me in terms of CS fast, and I can nuke them later since they don't even have the perception of how ahead they allowed me to get

Lol what is this, 900 Elo?
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 2:17pm | Report
I usually take the turret because a lot of people don't understand the concept of taking a turret means giving free farm. So I save my teammates the time of coming from top lane all the way to bot lane just to finish off the last hit on a turret. Some people might try to explain in game why taking the turret is bad but I find its too much to talk about like 30 seconds and your just wasting your time.

Adapt to solo q.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide