Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Do I Deserve to be in 1100 ELO?

Creator: EVILISLEMONS June 14, 2012 8:23am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 4:46am | Report
I dunno about all that roaming, often it forces roaming phase onto lane phase and you have peaceful happy botlane with full enemy team suddenly ganking and getting free kills. I can actually remember matches where the mid doing that just fcked everything, like this dominant first-blood Cass who motivated our Viktor to roam and start nuking the **** out of everyone.
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 3:32am | Report
2 things
1, wow!!!! Mowen is a red I've been gone way too long!!

2. After 100 games or so you are where you belong, .

Hints. Go into a practice game by yourself pick your best champ and go to lane. If you can't hit 100 lane farm by 11 mins you are below a 1300 player IMO. Also don't forget 1250 looks like a small number but in reality that's top 25% of players in LoL. That's like diamond in sc2. 1200 is gold , 1150 is silver etc. the best way to improve is to carry normals.. Learn to play better there. Practice lasthitting vs real people and pay more attention to the map. Your normal w/l ratio is prly the same or worse as your ranked, and that's not a coincidence ;) there's a hidden normal Elo. You can't see it though. But wherever you are in normals wih stats you're about 10w/l less in ranked or so (or you should be)
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 4:13am | Report
100's simply not enough. At all. Not even close, people should really stop saying that, it's pretty ridiculous actually.

Somewhere between 600-1000 WINS is more accurate if you ask me. It can take thousands of games to reach "True Elo."
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 7:04am | Report
Eh, my normal elo can't be called the one I fit in tbh. I either troll, play with my bf whose normal elo sucks hard and (sorry babe, it's true) he's so harsh in judgement he either hardcarries or hardfeeds. Whenever I go to a normal with a "let's do this" attitude 90% of the time I stomp my lane hard and usually carry the match (especially if I go AD Carry).

I'm aware however I have loads of space to get better. Probably should rise my normal elo for more demanding matches, but eh, it's just too fun to go there with thematic teams (DEMACIAAAA, IONIAAAA, YORDLEEES, INVISIBLE TEAM, FULL JUNGLE) or try roflstomping with AD Janna. I mean, I wanna have fun with this game too, not just get my elo-***** happy
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 7:52am | Report
@ HeAt - Thank you! :D

@ Duff - Yeah actually I couldn't remember what number you said, so I just guessed. Then when you posted in here I was like "oh that's what Duff said." I usually trust Duff's opinion because he knows about these things. 600 ranked games is A LOT though, and obviously the more games you play the more accurate it will get.

@ FalseoGod - Totally know how you feel. I like having fun in normal games sometimes though lately I do mostly practice up for ranked in them since I've dropped ELO and want to get it back up. :) I definitely noticed the difference in opponents after tryharding in ranked for a while.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 3:59pm | Report
Hahah xD

Well yeah it's just math. You need a certain amount of exposure to a number system like this.

For example what it Scarra and Crumbzz end up smurfing and in their first game they get 3 leavers on their team (Improbable, but not impossible)

then they are 0/1 and some people might be inclined to laugh and point fingers.

Well, it's not to say that you'll get bad luck like that every time, BUT, you MIGHT get back luck pretty often or just not have the right technique for winning yet.

As a player learns how to win in their Elo, they will climb faster and faster as well. So sometimes a player might be stuck in the 1400's because he's trying to "Play well." When he really should be playing like he's in the 1400's and he knows what the trick is for that Elo range.

Then as he goes up, his technique will have to change bit by bit, yada yada.

Every Elo has a trick :3
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 5:11pm | Report
^

We had a great graves the other day, but since my team entered needless skirmishes that he did not endorse or join because he found them pointless, enemy akali snowballed hard.

He was out of place, but he wasn't also that good in terms of environment adaptation.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:41pm | Report
Resurrected this thread just to say I am going up again. I'm sitting at 1261 ELO right now and continuing to rise (hopefully). I decided to stick with the roles I know will make a huge difference in team fights (Support/Solo Top). I've stopped playing random champions in favour of choosing consistent counters - counters that I know will absolutely destroy the opponent.

I've watched a few pro streams to see how they farm and I think I've improved on that aspect greatly.

Well yeah that's pretty much all I have to say.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:50pm | Report

I've stopped playing random champions in favour of choosing consistent counters - counters that I know will absolutely destroy the opponent.

That is a lesson in itself. Well done.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:59pm | Report
Cheers and congrats on your rise :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide