Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Do you have friends?

Creator: Hatted January 5, 2015 9:08am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:00am | Report
Am I the only one here who's a total hermit and has no friends who live anywhere near them?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:02am | Report
Am I the only one here who's a total hermit and has no friends who live anywhere near them?

Yo. (Until Saturday)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:07am | Report
I can confirm that you are not.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:13am | Report
Yo. (Until Saturday)
I'm moving on Saturday too, and I will suddenly be surrounded by people who want me to get in armor much more frequently.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:29am | Report
I'm moving on Saturday too, and I will suddenly be surrounded by people who want me to get in armor much more frequently.

Beat their ***es in martial combat. Assert dominance.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:43am | Report
Well I started League by being introduced to it by an online friend, and a few others got involved too. A lot of my levelling to 30 was playing almost exclusively premade with 2-3 other people at least, I didn't solo much unless no one else was around to play. I got my best friend at the time playing it too, so I had plenty of people to play with at all times usually.

After I got to 30 I started playing ranked and dropped to like 800 Elo at the start of season 2 and just gave up on that and kept playing normals with my friends. Near the end of the season I started playing ranked again and got to 1200 Elo which I felt was a huge accomplishment because of how far I'd climbed in such a short time. When season 3 started I was all hyped for getting to gold, and I started off duo'ing with the guy who got me into the game. Then when he single handedly lost my game to gold and the next few games I realized he was holding me back and just stopped duo'ing with him, so I just soloed until I got to gold. Then gold led to plat, plat led to high plat, bla bla bla... I was a lot more interested in climbing ranked than I had been in other seasons, so I didn't play with my friends quite as much.

And it's been mostly the same in season 4. If I want to play League, 70% of the time it means I want to play ranked. The group of "online friends" who ended up joining League is pretty big now, there's like 12+ of them, but even though I talk to them almost every day in group chats I'm not interested in playing with them most of the time. League is ranked. If I ever do play normals then I'll invite some friends, I do play with them every now and again, but I'm just not interested in normals most of the time. It's not just about wanting to climb, I just much prefer the atmosphere in games where all 10 people are trying their best to win. When I play normals I get bored if the enemy team isn't giving it their all, or I get annoyed if I'm losing a game because my team is practicing champs they know they're horrible at and getting stomped to the extent you'd rarely see in ranked.

Which is why I have so many smurfs nowadays lol. If I don't feel like tryharding ranked to climb on my main, but I don't want to have to put up with the "normals atmosphere", then I just go on a lower ranked account which I couldn't care less about winning or losing on, but give it my all anyway. I find League more fun that way.

So in short; yeah I have plenty of friends I can play with, and sometimes I do, but I'd much rather solo q most of the time.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:56am | Report
I rarely play LoL by myself.

As for female friends, ever single female friend I have had over the years has backstabbed me in hideous ways. I was pretty awful myself in high school. If I ever run into a girl playing LoL on the same team (and we're on Skype or something), it's always pretty awkward, as (and this is 100% honest), the boys will always be talking about who's performing better in the game.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:58am | Report
All my friends left me when I started to play Teemo :/

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 1:09pm | Report
Well I cannot fully agree with the guys are better friends than girls even though I see a point. It's just that if you argue with a guy the worst thing that's going to happen to you is getting punched in the nuts. Girls are a bit more complicated or make things seem more complicated. Then again I haven't really had a severe disagreement with a girl because I am trying to be nice to them and I have never had any very close female friends either(girlfriends don't count, right?). Girls are sometimes better though if you want to discuss about serious matters because you can get trolled to oblivion by guys for these things.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 1:18pm | Report
(girlfriends don't count, right?)
I dunno about this. I've been friends with nearly everyone I've been in a relationship with as well as being in a relationship with them. Not being friends with them is always weird, because then it feels like there's nothing to talk about.

jhoijhoi wrote:
If I ever run into a girl playing LoL on the same team (and we're on Skype or something), it's always pretty awkward, as (and this is 100% honest), the boys will always be talking about who's performing better in the game.
I know that feel. Also I swear nearly every girl I've played with (I don't think you ever did, so thank you for that) has made some comment about me having a low voice and I hate it. That, among other things previously mentioned, is pretty much why I quit participating in the all female clan I was part of a while back tbh. I've played with a few girls here and there I didn't outright hate playing with, but that's pretty much it and most of them moved to other servers or just don't play anymore.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide