Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Ever had an item that you used to dislike, then...

Creator: Meshly
January 15, 2013 1:52pm
18 posts page 1 of 2 Forums » General Discussion » Ever had an item that you used to dislike, then loved? And Vice-Versa (Whiout...
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Meshly » January 15, 2013 1:52pm | Report
Rod of Ages for me, when I was new I only looked at it's passive and saw it gave sustain. Thought it was useless. Then I started using the hell out of it when I realized you rush the item and by 20 minutes it makes you not as squishy and gives you a bonus 20 AP. And I found that level up passive I found useless really helpful.

In an opposite sense I could say Sunfire Cape, thought it was really good. Then realised that it only gives slightly more health than a Giant's Belt and slightly more Armor than a Chain Vest. (And the passive is only good on a few champs.) Though I still use it on champs who go good with the passive and it is a Giant's Belt and Chain Vest in one item. So by no means do I recommend not using it.
Meshly's Forum Avatar

Meshly
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Foo18 » January 15, 2013 2:26pm | Report
Athene's Unholy Grail was like that for me. Now that it is heavily nerfed, I don't like it that much, but I still like it more than I did on release.

For the opposite, I used to like Rylai's Crystal Scepter, but now I realized how ****ty of an item is is.
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
Foo18's Forum Avatar

Foo18
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (9)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MyRepublic » January 15, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Philo stone. I used to think gp5 was stupid, not to mention that I thought regen was useless. Then I started building it on people like Nidalee and Orianna and my mind was changed.

On the opposite I would have to say WOTA. I just can't bring myself to ever find a good reason to get it.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MyRepublic
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (70)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by FalseoGod » January 15, 2013 3:40pm | Report
Zhonya's Hourglass. I didn't dislike it per se but it was my first item with an active and I just couldn't do it right and got frustrated. Now it's like WOOOO INVINCIBLE *****EEEEEEES

FalseoGod's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
Rep: Esteemed (316)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DemonSovereign » January 15, 2013 6:05pm | Report
Manamune. Back in S2, I used to like it because I loved to spam my abilities and almost went oom without Manamune. Then I learned how it was better to go straight for damage instead. Now after the S3 pre-patch, I LOVE IT! Muramana ftw!
My first self made sig ^_^
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar

DemonSovereign
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by OTGBionicArm » January 15, 2013 6:07pm | Report
Delicious... Lich Bane.

Really loving it for bursts.
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Rep: Esteemed (415)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » January 15, 2013 6:23pm | Report
have a lot of that stuff

used to love RoA, WotA, Rylai's, rageblade, wit's, bloodrazor...lols.

opposite:

sfc, avarice blade, thornmail

Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by devdevil » January 15, 2013 7:51pm | Report
Used to not care about Athene's Unholy Grail, actually. But then I saw the mana regeneration :P
I agree with FalseoGod on Zhonya's Hourglass xD
Also, I didn't really get Archangel's Staff till recently, along with the new buff :D

Hey you! Yeah you! Just wanted to let you know you're awesome!
devdevil's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
devdevil
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (73)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by A Chubby Baby » January 15, 2013 8:33pm | Report
Manamune indeed.
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
Rep: Distinguished (290)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Datoxx » January 20, 2013 1:24pm | Report
black cleaver for sure
Datoxx's Forum Avatar

Datoxx
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (3)

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!