Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guide Information Should Be Optimal!

Creator: GrandmasterD November 5, 2013 9:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A guide should contain information that is optimal.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2013 4:49pm | Report
I definitely agree with the vote reset.

I'll use my Udyr guide as an example (although a massive, much older guide such as one of Jhoi's would work better, but here goes)

Because of having a high rating at 92% and a LOT of votes, I'm basically locked into that position.
I could change my guide so I have 7 zeals, and still maintain a 92%, because it would take plenty of downvotes even to drop it down 1% (I don't know the numbers or wish to crunch, sorry)

But you get my idea. Once you have THAT many votes and you've maintained a very high rating, you're done. You have free will with your guide, you can do whatever you want with it and you know that it's not going to plummet.

Although, I don't think creating a new guide is necessary. Simply remove the old season junk, because wouldn't we be overloading the site if thousands of new guides are being duplicated?
I'm not sure of this, but wouldn't we be using unnecessary space?
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2013 8:08pm | Report

Although, I don't think creating a new guide is necessary. Simply remove the old season junk, because wouldn't we be overloading the site if thousands of new guides are being duplicated?
I'm not sure of this, but wouldn't we be using unnecessary space?

Probably not. Hard disk space is pretty damn cheap, all things considered. You can get a TB hard drive for well under US$100 these days, and one of those should store several hundred thousand guides, on a very conservative estimate. The costs to MOBAFire for forcing full rewrites and archival would be fairly minimal, all things considered. It's also not something that we, as the community, need to worry about unless the admins come down and tell us that it's a problem.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide