Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guide Information Should Be Optimal!

Creator: GrandmasterD November 5, 2013 9:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A guide should contain information that is optimal.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 10:55pm | Report

Because who would work hard on a unconventional guide on how they play their favorite champion only to have it listed under humor. While if it's listed with all the others it will get down voted for breaking the meta. not being optimal.

Fix'd. Since we have only one list with current guides, we don't want support Poppy to be the highest rated Poppy guide.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 10:57pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I would love a section for "competitive guides"; half my guides aren't competitive, and I'm happy to be in a "unconventional guides" section!

Right and it helps people make up their minds when voting

I'd support that.

so we are all agree on the matter lets get this thing set up
Sig by jhoijhoi
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:00pm | Report
Ninja, your idea is genius. It literally suits everyone. Though you'd probably still get people who put "sub-optimal" guides in the "competitive" section.

zomg.

What if the competitive section was dictated by elo? So you could only categorise your guide as competitive if you have ranked games/are of a certain elo (gold, probably)?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:03pm | Report
wait are you being sarcastic or supportive of my idea?
Sig by IPodPulse
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:05pm | Report
lol, supportive, it really is a good idea and solves a lot of problems (it has been suggested in the past, though). Then my addition was a genuine "epiphany" suggestion, hence the "zomg".

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:07pm | Report
IIRC, that got suggested at this same time last year (by bitpik or throatslasher?) and got shot down.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:09pm | Report
Oh I didn't know what z in front of omg stood for had to google it lol. ♥ you jhoijhoi

I wonder why it got shot down last year? also since there are going to be a lot of changes in season 4 maybe now would be a good time to implement it
Sig by jhoijhoi
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:10pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Though you'd probably still get people who put "sub-optimal" guides in the "competitive" section.

Which forces people to explain and prove that their idea is competitive. OTG won't put his Mage Varus in competitive because then it'd be downvoted. In sub-optimal, I'm sure that it gets a ton of upvotes like now.

Also, this idea can be implemented nicely when the S4 patch hits and we need to do something about the old guides anyway.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:20pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

IIRC, that got suggested at this same time last year (by bitpik or throatslasher?) and got shot down.

I believe it was shot down because of the way he worded it, which was something like, "We need a high elo forum and a high elo guide section", and people argued that there weren't enough "high elo" people on MobaFire to warrant such an addition.
Also, this idea can be implemented nicely when the S4 patch hits and we need to do something about the old guides anyway.

Really looking forward to seeing how MobaFire is going to deal with S3 guides.

Ninja: haha, until this moment I didn't know what the z "meant" either. I always just assumed it was a verbal addition, like, "Zahmigawd", not that z came from accidentally hitting z instead of the SHIFT key <3

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:28pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I believe it was shot down because of the way he worded it, which was something like, "We need a high elo forum and a high elo guide section", and people argued that there weren't enough "high elo" people on MobaFire to warrant such an addition.

Bitpik suggested a diamond 2+ forum which has nothing to do with MOBAFire as this site is about spreading knowledge and creating better players and therefore it was shot down.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide