Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has anyone seen VideoGameDunkey's farewell...

Creator: H4xDefender September 13, 2015 12:08am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 11:38am | Report
The fact that he was originally designed as a bot laner remains, dunno why are you even trying to argue here.
Because they tried to crack the meta overall by adding a mage in botlane. Sure, they enforced him bot initially, but then added buffs to top lane morde after first weeks. It's not like they should enforce off meta stuff on launch date (even before the meta settles). In fact, "morde's meta" hasn't even settled and they already did the buffs because many people complained.

Have you played before Season 4 my friend? Might want to check before you argue with facts based on your own assumptions.
Yes, I've been playing since season 1. I didn't recall the buffs. Was it used top lane before the buffs? I remember equal parts ignite/teleport some seasons ago, but I don't know if it was before or after the buff, nor if it was because I was a noob at the time or because it was evenly distributed. I guess they may have enforced it, which would suck. In my defence, I was originally thinking X champion in Y position meta stuff.

No, it's not "OK" they just don't know how to nerf it to actually stop people from doing it without switching up the whole dynamic of early game right before Worlds.
They added levers, and stopped playing with them some time ago. If they wanted to nerf it further, they have the resources there.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 11:53am | Report
Can we stay on the topic of flaming/reason to leave the game please? :P

As a followup to "people being toxic as ****" in games, there's this reddit post. Anyone agree or disagree with it?

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 1:23pm | Report
Dunkey has been toxic for a very long time. I think he has had bans before and now he is just overexaggerating his ban. If you can't behave yourself, please just be quiet.

He deserved that ban and has deserved it for at least a year now.

EDIT: Lugignaf's link to the reddit post is also pretty relevant. No one wants to hear someone call names or something like that.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 1:39pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Dunkey has been toxic for a very long time. I think he has had bans before and now he is just overexaggerating his ban. If you can't behave yourself, please just be quiet.

He deserved that ban and has deserved it for at least a year now.

Agreed, but I don't think that is the main point of his video. Some things are just plain ******** (the 3 competitive and 7 ******s thingy or the crying about the ban) but he does make a point that it's really awkward when you get banned for getting mad at some guy intentionally feeding and the guy feeding doesn't get touched.

Now of course, a part of the reason that happened was because his account was already in negative standing, but that doesn't take away the frustration other players have as well: the fact that they have to bite their frustration while int. feeders, champ select trolls etc. run free.

Off topic: why does your name show up as orange when I quote you but green everywhere else?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 1:54pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Agreed, but I don't think that is the main point of his video. Some things are just plain ******** (the 3 competitive and 7 ******s thingy or the crying about the ban) but he does make a point that it's really awkward when you get banned for getting mad at some guy intentionally feeding and the guy feeding doesn't get touched.

Now of course, a part of the reason that happened was because his account was already in negative standing, but that doesn't take away the frustration other players have as well: the fact that they have to bite their frustration while int. feeders, champ select trolls etc. run free.

Off topic: why does your name show up as orange when I quote you but green everywhere else?

Yeah, I understand your point, but as you said yourself, his account didn't really have a positive reputation. One or two outbursts really don't get you banned, but being a **** sustained with reports does :p

Off-topic: if you really have to know; skype

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:03pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
Can we stay on the topic of flaming/reason to leave the game please? :P

As a followup to "people being toxic as ****" in games, there's this reddit post. Anyone agree or disagree with it?
Heh, that got out of hand quickly.

Back on topic, that reddit thread nails it.

Vynertje wrote:
... he does make a point that it's really awkward when you get banned for getting mad at some guy intentionally feeding and the guy feeding doesn't get touched.
Yeah, I don't see this being fixed as long as detecting bad language is easier than detecting intentional feeders though. And complaining about what other people do when you're as toxic as Dunkey (if you check the beggining of the video you'll see he's chat restricted) is plain hypocritical.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:06pm | Report
im just gonna let everyone know before someone else says it, dunkey asking to be unbanned to finish a video was satire im pretty sure he wasnt expecting to get unbanned because hes a content creator and only put that part in his video as a joke
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:24pm | Report
I think its a problem when I could be an account in good standing and only flame people who refuse to play with the team/try to win and I'd probably get banned before the people I flame in most cases.

I don't think there is any need to discuss whether he should have been unbanned or not, I think the answer is a resounding no. What was more compelling to me were the reasons he gave for quitting the game and not finding it fun anymore.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:46pm | Report
I think the answer is a resounding no. What was more compelling to me were the reasons he gave for quitting the game and not finding it fun anymore.

It's the same feeling a lot of League players have, that kind of frustration is what causes me to play on-and-off all the time. I'm essentially repressing frustration to stay positive in-game but it does cause me to burn out long-term.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:51pm | Report
I don't think there is any need to discuss whether he should have been unbanned or not, I think the answer is a resounding no. What was more compelling to me were the reasons he gave for quitting the game and not finding it fun anymore.
Spoiling my fun just when I'm getting started T_T

Well, I guess he basically described the majority of games in a nutshell and decided he didn't like it. This would become a pretty subjective discussion if we were to talk about it I think. He skips a lot of mechanics, micromanagement and macromanagement though, on top of some team communication skills, vision control and tons of theory crafting about builds and team compositions.

I kind of agree about what he says about death timers and the bounty system though. Early game, death timers are nothing. The only thing it accomplishes is that the game takes a lot longer. The same goes for the bounty system, which I can remember finding pretty ridiculous when I first found out about it.

I too have had moments where I thought: I have no idea what champion to play. Until now they were temporarily though. I've never had the idea that I only play this game for winning, but I have had moments where I wondered why I was playing the game.

EDIT: I guess that in the end there can be only one solution for the frustration problem, and that would be real-time banning. Just banning a player out of a game the moment he says something offensive. But there are lots of things to say about something like that we should probably discuss in some other thread.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide