Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has anyone seen VideoGameDunkey's farewell...

Creator: H4xDefender September 13, 2015 12:08am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 2:59pm | Report
Hatted wrote:

"Anyone below Diamond 1 is trash" - 4chan

I can agree with that quote.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 4:54pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

As a followup to "people being toxic as ****" in games, there's this reddit post. Anyone agree or disagree with it?

I don't think there's any point for that guy to post that as literally everything in that thread is a "you don't say." I may be missing out on the context but then again I didn't see anything in the dunkey thread that would've prompted him to post that. Flaming is wrong and Riot has never condoned any sort of toxicity.

My personal quirks with people being sensitive is more in regards to giving criticism. I've been muted numerous times for calling out what people should do / change to help our team win the game because people find that my comments are "ruining their fun in the game." People seem to just not want to take any sort of blame or responsibility for their failures in a game because somehow personal enjoyment has become a priority over winning the game. People don't seem to want to sacrifice their own selfishness for the team to win.

From what I see solo queue in NA feels like 5 individuals vs 5 individuals rather than a team versus team, which is a reason why I'm not enjoying it as much as of late :|
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 5:07pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
I don't think there's any point for that guy to post that as literally everything in that thread is a "you don't say." I may be missing out on the context but then again I didn't see anything in the dunkey thread that would've prompted him to post that. Flaming is wrong and Riot has never condoned any sort of toxicity.
I think the reddit thread was about people in reddit talking about that topic in particular and defending toxicity in games. At least that's what I understood from the OP. Some of us also jumped in the same bandwagon for some reason.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 6:21pm | Report
Everyone is making this such a big deal. It's just another toxic guy getting banned, nothing else.

Every single multiplayer game has those moments where you have only a few decent players out of like 10 people. He showed CS;GO clips in his video but that game's ranked system is exactly the same where you have only a few decent players in a game.

He should just play single player games if he can't deal with having unfortunate matches other than flaming the other player or just play games where he can be as toxic as he wants. He has agreed to abide riot rules which state flaming isn't allowed by playing the game. Going and asking for unban later and whining when the request is not accepted is really stupid in my opinion. Now it seems like he is turning his fanbase against riot and creating a huge commotion about a thing that is really simple...

Just don't play the game if you absolutely canno't be a game's duration without toxicity or don't like the ranking system.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 9:30pm | Report
Dunkey is right in a sense... and some of the reasons he states is why I rarely play League of Legends.

In my opinion, trash-talking should be allowed, there is a mute button for a reason.

Some of the reasons you can get banned for are beyond pathetic.

Problems from my experience:
(1)if you try to help via giving constructive criticism you're "flaming" and "toxic" and reported for negative attitude.
(2)if you choose to be quiet and avoid confrontation with the team, even despite the fact you're still pinging the team for calls e.g "assistance" or "be careful"...you get reported for refusing to communicate.
(3)if you pick a out of meta champion and lose the game you get reported for "assisting the enemy team" despite the fact you went 14/0/10.
(4)if you disconnect via reasons not in your control e.g. internet suddenly dying or bugsplat, you get reported for afk and banned
(5)if you state you "pref support" and are firstpick and choose support, but someone lastpick trolls you and picks support forcing you top (which is your worst role) and you end up feeding or losing your lane, you get reported for "assisting enemy team" or "unskilled". and the player who trolled you? nothing.

List goes on...

The majority of players who spam "report" etc wouldn't last 1 day on Halo 3 around 7-8 years ago. That particular game thrived on Trash-talking and toxicity... I mean it was the sole reason I enjoyed the game... trashtalking the opponents: "banter". Even professionals on-stage at some of the MLG events used to trashtalk, Dave Walsh saying "its like taking candy from a baby" after beating his opponents, or Baxter throwing toilet roll at the enemy team shouting "You're sh-t, clean yourselves". Thats competitive gaming in my eyes :D Unprofessional yes but entertaining...not some *****footed game whereby you waste 40minutes waiting for some idiot on either your team or theirs to throw -- because ultimately that is majority of games in a nutshell...so I agree with Dunkey on that one, especially the 7 ******s comment, although usually its just 2-3 spoiling the game, 1 on their team, 2 on yours :D.

That's my little rant over, I don't want to bash the game too hard, I still enjoy some aspects, especially theory-crafting new ideas and champions in odd roles. Main thing is 'have fun'...if not quit or take a break... and thats what Dunkey should do...take a break, come back after 2-3months.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 10:25pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
I really wish it was possible, but I totally think that it can't be done. League is a team game, I guess we can all agree on this, so being matched with random people just goes against the very essence of the game.
Well, a system intended for ranking one on one chess play (Elo) should never have been the basis for a solo queue ranking in a team game in the first place, for one. It does approximate skill, essentially based on the average skill of the teams you play with and how often they win, but it also largely considers the other players a nonfactor when they should not be considered such. Elo makes perfect sense as a ranking system for ranked teams, as such a team is generally made up of the same small pool of players, but the fact that there is no constant in solo queue besides yourself (for the most part) makes it a really awkward system to use there. I'm aware Elo isn't technically used anymore, but MMR seems to basically be Elo with a different name.

On topic, Dunkey seems to have deserved the ban. He strikes me as a bit of an ***.

I've been tired of this game for ages now, mostly due to the fact that my own anxiety contributes heavily to stress when it comes to this game. I also just dislike the general attitude coming from people this season.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 10:26pm | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

Some of these things sound more like you being salty than actual constructive points. Points one up to three never happen to me and although I see 4-5 happening occasionally, it's more an exception than the rule itself. It can obviously happen that you get reported in such a game, but as long as you don't fully lose your temper multiple games you won't ever get banned/restricted for something like that. Especially the 'refusing to communicate' thing, never heard of anyone getting banned for that.

Joxuu wrote:
Everyone is making this such a big deal. It's just another toxic guy getting banned, nothing else.

It's a big deal because he does a really good job at summarizing why a lot of people don't find the game as enjoyable any more.
tough_player
<Member>
tough_player's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 3:24am | Report
I agree with most of this, but at the same time I just really suck at this game especially on my main role. I can't get out of Bronze.

Edit:
tough_player
<Member>
tough_player's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 3:24am | Report
lol ehhehe
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 3:57am | Report
Dunkey is right in a sense... and some of the reasons he states is why I rarely play League of Legends.

In my opinion, trash-talking should be allowed, there is a mute button for a reason.

Some of the reasons you can get banned for are beyond pathetic...

Problems from my experience:
(1)if you try to help via giving constructive criticism you're "flaming" and "toxic" and reported for negative attitude.
(2)if you choose to be quiet and avoid confrontation with the team, even despite the fact you're still pinging the team for calls e.g "assistance" or "be careful"...you get reported for refusing to communicate.
(3)if you pick a out of meta champion and lose the game you get reported for "assisting the enemy team" despite the fact you went 14/0/10.
(4)if you disconnect via reasons not in your control e.g. internet suddenly dying or bugsplat, you get reported for afk and banned
(5)if you state you "pref support" and are firstpick and choose support, but someone lastpick trolls you and picks support forcing you top (which is your worst role) and you end up feeding or losing your lane, you get reported for "assisting enemy team" or "unskilled". and the player who trolled you? nothing.

List goes on...

The majority of players who spam "report" etc wouldn't last 1 day on Halo 3 around 7-8 years ago. That particular game thrived on Trash-talking and toxicity... I mean it was the sole reason I enjoyed the game... trashtalking the opponents: "banter". Even professionals on-stage at some of the MLG events used to trashtalk, Dave Walsh saying "its like taking candy from a baby" after beating his opponents, or Baxter throwing toilet roll at the enemy team shouting "You're sh-t, clean yourselves". Thats competitive gaming in my eyes :D Unprofessional yes but entertaining...not some *****footed game whereby you waste 40minutes waiting for some idiot on either your team or theirs to throw -- because ultimately that is majority of games in a nutshell...so I agree with Dunkey on that one, especially the 7 ******s comment, although usually its just 2-3 spoiling the game, 1 on their team, 2 on yours :D.

That's my little rant over, I don't want to bash the game too hard, I still enjoy some aspects, especially theory-crafting new ideas and champions in odd roles. Main thing is 'have fun'...if not quit or take a break... and thats what Dunkey should do...take a break, come back after 2-3months.

I think this is definitely the most extreme cases you're talking about here. I mean, while theoretically, it sounds like all of these would happen, it really just doesn't happen. I mean, only to touch on a few of those, no one's going to report you for negative attitude for trying to give criticism if it delivered in a reasonable manner. People don't report you for being quiet during a game, only if you're quiet and refuse to listen to what the team wishes to do and just play your own game, jeopardising your team's chances of winning. No one is going to report you for picking an off-pick and then doing well on it. I just think that these are just the most extreme cases, and definitely an exaggeration.

Of course, that doesn't mean that your words have no merit. Some of it is sadly true.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide