Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Hexakill Permanent Gamemode Petition!

Creator: Kalaaver February 21, 2014 11:41am
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 10:56pm | Report
TOSHA***** MY ****ING GOD, YOU BLEW MY MIND!
Spoiler: Click to view

I also like Hexakill due to the strategies it opens up. An extra player slot opens up more possibilities regardless of whether you're in a premade party or not. I'm eager to try double jungle wherein one starts and red, the other starts at blue, both leave allied jungle and head into enemy jungle OR both gank mid.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 11:37pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 11:47pm | Report
6v6 teamfights are fun at least, but you have to try and get your team all in the one lane beforehand, which usually means you get 2 people ignoring everything you say in chat and sitting in the jungle farming for 30 minutes, and 2 guys getting caught out.

Basically MOBAFire.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:08am | Report

6v6 teamfights are fun at least, but you have to try and get your team all in the one lane beforehand, which usually means you get 2 people ignoring everything you say in chat and sitting in the jungle farming for 30 minutes, and 2 guys getting caught out.

Essentially, yeah. This is why the game mode should've been either at the ARAM map or at the crystal scar. Summoner's Rift has too many distractions.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:12am | Report
That and the fact that ever since its been released the NA servers JUST WONT WORK PROPERLY ARGH MY GOD.

Basically MOBAFire.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:27am | Report

That and the fact that ever since its been released the NA servers JUST WONT WORK PROPERLY ARGH MY GOD.

That's odd, I wonder what's going on with the NA servers.

Toshabi wrote:
I'm sorry for telling you how stupid your opinion was given that everything you mentioned can already be done in 5v5 without the gold/xp starvation. HOLY **** IT'S LIKE I'M TRYING TO DISPROVE ONE OF YOUR BAD OPINIONS WITH LOGIC!

I wasn't aware you could play 3 adcs + 3 supports on Summoner's Rift without Hexakill. You sure told me off with your logic! <3

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:33am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

That's odd, I wonder what's going on with the NA servers.

AFAIK, DDoS from somewhere on someone.

More on topic, hexakill isn't really fun to me.

One more champion means more more person to... do what with?
Are we gonna do 2/2/2 lanes? Why would we since there's a whole lot of gold to be made in the jungle with the spirit item lines. 2/1/2 with a jungler is okay but... now you only really have mid to gank since you're probably gonna have a support/AD top, or a bruiser and support. And since a lot of the popular or good mids have disengage or some escape, you end up with just someone roaming the map being bored.

Basically, there's not a whole lot to do in hexakill that you couldn't do in normals... except have one extra person, which could easily hinder the team as much as they could help.

I'm all for having 1-4-A back, but Hexakill can go away forever for all I care.

EDIT: Like others have mentioned, my god the gold starvation is terrible too. Not enough CS to really go around, and people really don't wanna play support anyway. <.<

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:40am | Report
I agree that most strats can be played on SR - but there's less chance of success with some of them. Maybe I like Hexakill so much because I have a lot of friends online at any given time. As all of my normal games are premade, this gamemode allows me to invite one more person to the party. I'm not sure how popular it has been on NA, but the queues in OCE (even with a full party) have been around the same for normal games (with a full party). I'd prefer playing Hexakill on the Howling Abyss map as it'd force more 6v6 fights, and it'd be a quicker gamemode.

Personally I haven't found gold to be an issue. Even playing the support role, or doing absolutely terribly with CSing, I've had enough gold to buy reasonable items.

Last thing: with two more champions on the map, I'm seeing different champions being used. Not once have I come up against a Riven, Kass, Kha'zix or Yasuo. It's been refreshing seeing Wukong, Volibear, Lux and Brand.

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:51am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

(...)Even playing the support role, or doing absolutely terribly with CSing, (...)

But... support actually get money to buy things now? I mean, in literally all of your hexakill games, you had a gold item. Or, in the case of TWISTED FATE AND ASHE, the one sub-par gold item, and a gold generating passive and "terrible" (according to you) CS.

I mean, even as ADC Janna, you still bought a shiv which builds out of Avarice Blade, although I have no clue how long you had it, it still contributes to some "free" gold.

Also, how is there a lesser chance of success of them? I can play Ori+Wukong/Zac/anyone with a dash into the middle of them in duo-queue ranked. That will work most of the time, if not all of the time. I can do 5 supports in premade 5's on non-hexakill too. That won't really be improved with a sixth player since that means they also have a 6th player to DSP through our shields/heals/CC train.

I honestly don't see any benefit to keeping hexakill over any other mode.

Edit:
jhoijhoi wrote:

Last thing: with two more champions on the map, I'm seeing different champions being used. Not once have I come up against a Riven, Kass, Kha'zix or Yasuo. It's been refreshing seeing Wukong, Volibear, Lux and Brand.

Out of my last 10 non-ranked, non-hexakill games, I've only seen Yasuo and Riven once each... and it's because I picked them.

I don't understand what the big deal is about them really. I mean, you get called a scrub for picking them, you feel bad for playing them, and rarely do you feel good unless it's a serious outplay... which isn't hard, due to all the tools you have at your disposal.

Second edit
To be honest, I haven't seen most of them in normals for a while. <.<
People don't play them in norms 'cause they don't get to play them in ranked so... why bother practicing them really.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 12:56am | Report
idk, i dont think i will sign for that (nor i think riot will care anyway) but wouldnt it be better to post it on various lol official forums? cuz only 7 people signed up is kinda low u kno.
"It's gonna be legen… wait for it… dary!"

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide