Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I want to send a public message.

Creator: FantasySniper March 15, 2014 4:24pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:24pm | Report
Rant: DO NOT PLAY THE LISTED AS SUPPORTS:

Zilean
Lux*
Annie*
Kayle
Karma*
Teemo
Nidalee*
Maokai
Gangplank, Shen, Elise, Galio*, Ashe, LeBlanc (Yes, some of these have actually been played as "supports")

*Only if you have sufficient skill and/or a direct line of communication to take advantage of your playmaking kit.

I'm sick and tired of getting landed with these idiots that think they can play any champion they want, grab Sightstone and any of the three supportive gold income items and call them themselves support. Half the time they grab a Doran's Ring and attempt to sustain themselves and their terrible pokes by stealing CS.

Arguments I've gotten as to why they can be successful supports:

Spoiler: Click to view

tl;dr stop playing support if you don't know how be supportive. /rant.
If you want to help me, teach me.
aDaptor
<Member>
aDaptor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:40pm | Report
Quoted:
It is not the support's job to deal damage

In this meta, it is. Deal with it.

Quoted:
The main flaw in this is that they think that getting kills is the ultimate priority of being an ADC

Why not do it the quick way earnig eraly kills instead using 2x the time by only farming. Killing you enemy keeps them away from the lane DENYING them FARM being able to DESTROY TURRETS.

Quoted:
tl;dr stop playing support if you don't know how be supportive. /rant.

If your enemy dies first, you adc don't die. isn't that supportive enough for you?
Did I help you out? Feel free to +rep me!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:45pm | Report
There is only one champ that cannot and may not be played as a support, and that is Nidalee. Rest is fine IMO. I'm baffled by the fact that Ashe, Annie, Karma, Lux and Elise are to be found in your list.

I can still understand your rant though, because I think it's easy to fail with some of those champions.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:51pm | Report
I dunno why you felt the need to include Annie and Karma, they're both pretty easy to play as well as being strong picks.

Your argument for 1. doesn't make much sense and also contradicts itself. The support's job in lane is to get the ADC through early game by making plays that get them ahead or stop them getting behind. Getting kills is the best way of getting ahead. Dealing damage is also one of the best ways to protect your ADC and zone away enemies in lane because an enemy that's dead/really low health isn't going to be able to hurt them or get close enough to farm. Being able to deal damage and secure kills is much more useful than having shields or sustain right now as you can see by looking at the list of supports who see play.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:55pm | Report
I call complete ********.

First off, people can play whatever the **** they want. Deal with it. You can be mad about it sure, but that isn't stopping me from taking Dr. Mundo down bot lane to have fun with cleaver spam.

And, seriously, you listed Annie, Karma, Kayle? I didn't even bother with the spoiler.
FantasySniper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:55pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I dunno why you felt the need to include Annie and Karma, they're both pretty easy to play as well as being strong picks.

Your argument for 1. doesn't make much sense and also contradicts itself. The support's job in lane is to get the ADC through early game by making plays that get them ahead or stop them getting behind. Getting kills is the best way of getting ahead. Dealing damage is also one of the best ways to protect your ADC and zone away enemies in lane because an enemy that's dead/really low health isn't going to be able to hurt them or get close enough to farm. Dealing damage is much more useful than having shields or sustain right now.

It is not the support's job to deal damage, it is their job to sustain their partner and keep them on a platform to execute the enemy if they make mistakes.

aDaptor wrote:

In this meta, it is. Deal with it.

Why not do it the quick way earnig eraly kills instead using 2x the time by only farming. Killing you enemy keeps them away from the lane DENYING them FARM being able to DESTROY TURRETS.

If your enemy dies first, you adc don't die. isn't that supportive enough for you?
It is not. The main job is to achieve farm and deny the enemy theirs by any means necessary; keeping them zoned, pushed to tower, or even dead.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 4:59pm | Report
1. Some of those champions are extremely viable as support simply because they do more damage than some other supports.

2. Some of those champions have extremely good niche abilities that are better than others in certain situations (eg Ashe vs Nami - Nami is generally better, but Ashe is better in niche situations)

Also, it's obvious you're stuck in like, s2 support meta. Supports are pretty easily made into AP carries, and that's kind of the point that Riot wanted to happen.

For example I believe Annie and Karma are perma ban as supports, although I haven't played in a long time so perhaps I'm wrong there.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 5:01pm | Report
I'll play whoever the **** I want.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
FantasySniper
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 5:02pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:

And, seriously, you listed Annie, Karma, Kayle? I didn't even bother with the spoiler.
*Only if you have sufficient skill and/or a direct line of communication to take advantage of your playmaking kit.

It bothers me how most of these arguments seem as if you haven't read into the TP enough...
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 5:02pm | Report
It is not the support's job to deal damage, it is their job to sustain their partner and keep them on a platform to execute the enemy if they make mistakes.

You're absolutely wrong, and quoting your original statement without addressing anyone's counterpoints does not constitute an argument.

Name a single sustain support that sees any competitive play (spoiler: there are none).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide