Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I want to send a public message.

Creator: FantasySniper March 15, 2014 4:24pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Grurin
<Member>
Grurin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 3:31am | Report

*Only if you have sufficient skill and/or a direct line of communication to take advantage of your playmaking kit.

tl;dr stop playing support if you don't know how be supportive. /rant.

Let me say it clearly: The wrong thing here is not picking the champion you don't like, but not being supportive.
I play in bronze, so much of what I say maybe dosnt apply to you, but...

I've seen too many Leona/ Thresh/ Blitzcrank players fail miserably, because they didn't support. They just picked a 'strong' support but didn't care about adc and teammates a bit.
On the other hand most of the champions you listed are very viable at least for counterpicking if nothing else. Lux is quite good vs Alistar for example. Should be good vs Leona too probably but quite risky.

The last thing I want to say: You are one LUCKY summoner if your supports pick Sightstone every time. Plus gp/5 item. I can't say how many supports without these have I seen. Close to half the supports I meet don't have at least one of those items.

You know what is a bad support? Yesterday I met a player in 2 games in a row... Both time I had to play adc (which I'm not good at) and the ... player ... played "support" in both 2 games. He picked Master Yi in the first and Nasus in the second. No sightstone, no gold generating item. He ended someting like 4/16/7 in both games. And I got demoted;)
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 6:49am | Report
What about gragas support?

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 8:53am | Report
Not going to read through all the comments but last season picking Morgana support would have been considered 'troll' now shes one of, if not the strongest supports in the game. Things change. Annie is also still very strong and Zyra is making a comeback.

When an Annie who is doing well in lane can grab a DFG early on top of her sightstone and 100-0 the enemy ADC its a good game.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 11:53am | Report
Grurin wrote:

Let me say it clearly: The wrong thing here is not picking the champion you don't like, but not being supportive.
I play in bronze, so much of what I say maybe dosnt apply to you, but...

I've seen too many Leona/ Thresh/ Blitzcrank players fail miserably, because they didn't support. They just picked a 'strong' support but didn't care about adc and teammates a bit.
On the other hand most of the champions you listed are very viable at least for counterpicking if nothing else. Lux is quite good vs Alistar for example. Should be good vs Leona too probably but quite risky.

The last thing I want to say: You are one LUCKY summoner if your supports pick Sightstone every time. Plus gp/5 item. I can't say how many supports without these have I seen. Close to half the supports I meet don't have at least one of those items.

You know what is a bad support? Yesterday I met a player in 2 games in a row... Both time I had to play adc (which I'm not good at) and the ... player ... played "support" in both 2 games. He picked Master Yi in the first and Nasus in the second. No sightstone, no gold generating item. He ended something like 4/16/7 in both games. And I got demoted;)

The message I was trying to send, but I do admit that it got very screwy because I just had to list the champions. My head was in a butt-hurt place because of having to deal with poorly skilled players acting even more poorly in their behavior, and I sincerely apologize.
If you want to help me, teach me.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 3:48pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

stop trying.
My Yasuo support cannot be topped.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 7:51pm | Report
I've been undefeated lately with my Annie support. She is pretty crazy strong in the lower ELOs right now. Flash tibbers=bye bye.

After Sightstone and talisman of ascension I usually start to build magic pen along with Enchantment: Distortion boots.

I could literally one shot the ADC in the late game when I was roaming in the late game.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Grurin
<Member>
Grurin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 2:04am | Report

The message I was trying to send, but I do admit that it got very screwy because I just had to list the champions. My head was in a butt-hurt place because of having to deal with poorly skilled players acting even more poorly in their behavior, and I sincerely apologize.

Wow, haven't seen an apology on the internet for quite some time... Respect man:)
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 4:59am | Report
[deleted] wrote:

Extremely biased opinion: fat man is LEGIT.

He gets poked but can sustain somewhat, has a slow, a definitive advantage if you can land barrels for the AS debuff and his gap-closing slow with insane early damage is insane. Guaranteed fist blood by lv3.

Extremely fun.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2014 7:49am | Report
Quoted:

Can't call Lux conventional and then call Morg unconventional :P Almost no one plays Lux support and just about everyone plays Morg nowadays.

As of the past two weeks, yes, this is true. Before then, not at all true.

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide