Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm diamond1 with only ~60 total solo queue...

Creator: throatslasher October 30, 2013 10:29am
SEALynx
<Member>
SEALynx's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:15am | Report
O rly? Even in silver jungle Master Yis get wrecked 80% of the time from my experience.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:56am | Report
Shen is a beast. Played correctly raises elo and lowers ****ers.

Ryze was certainly a tier 1 mid before nerfs. His late-game was completely insane. Played him in aram last night and holy **** his range is ****. ****.

Nice going throat, maybe you could expand on how you managed such a high win-rate? Also, what champions composed the other 20% and how did you fare with them?
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 12:15pm | Report
SEALynx wrote:

60 games and already in diamond 1? You automatically have my respect. Oh, and what do you think about Shen against jax toplane if both are of equal skill?

Shen dumpsters Jax until Jax gets level 9 and scimitar. Even with LS quints, Jax doesn't have the sustain to handle Shen with my rune/mastery build. Jax is one of the rare counters to shen, however shen can poke him down and CC him during a gank. I remember a shen vs jax lane where I killed him so many times in lane I thought he was proxy jax (like proxy singed).

"Nice going throat, maybe you could expand on how you managed such a high win-rate? Also, what champions composed the other 20% and how did you fare with them?"
Basically, I just picked the best champion that was also the mechanically easiest that had the biggest impact on a typical solo queue game. Basically, Shen can not only win his lane, but he can win bot lane and secure the 1st dragon with a good ultimate. Ryze used to be able to dumpster most lanes and like, 3v5 when moderately fed. Ryze also has decent bounce-back if you don't do amazing in lane.

Now, Ryze DOESN'T win most lanes, but he still has plenty of impact and can always flash+w for kills.

The thing is, high elo compared to low elo is like night and day. Carrying in silver requires a much different pool and skillset. In high elo, I won all of my games by contributing. I would either shut down my lane or make it go stagnant and zone them. This would give me a slight advantage and press it.

You win low elo by going 15-0, you win high elo by taking objectives.

Also, I got insanely lucky. If you go to my elo climb threads in competitive scene, you will see that I typically got people on my team that carried on their own and I would just help. There are some notable exceptions where I would do things that would put my team on my back, but rarely.

I played a moderate amount of support, sona and janna, relatively successfully. I also played various other mids like lux, nidalee, and orianna and kennen. I played adc a couple times, not very successfully, and not many other tops besides Shen. He's just the best.

"How does riven lose to jax and shen?"
Jax not sure, but she can lose to shen if shen chooses not to fight her and gets a successful jungle gank. My rune setup really lets me poke down rivens, but a riven master would probably just out play me. I've beaten many rivens before and I would consider it a counter to shen.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:01pm | Report
Quoted:

You're gonna have a lot better of a shot at winning a game with VI jungle than with Maokai or Shyvana jungle, doesn't matter if you're diamond or bronze.

Shyvana is a really popular pick in diamond right now. Oddone and heaventime in particular have been playing her a lot since world's.
SkidmarkD wrote:

Master Yi

And I rest my case.

My team got crushed by a Yi jungle in one of my recent games in soloqueue. He doesn't become useless against good players, just more challenging.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:11pm | Report
And vi is a really popular ban. That along with the fact that she puts so much pressure onto a map by level 6 just makes her A MONSTER.

That along with level 3 ganks on mid paired with a flash that are almost impossible to escape from if you're overextended in the slightest.

Sure, shyvana might be popular - she might even be strong, but in a bronze game she won't be getting a bazillion ganks off grabbing her free-kills like Vi would be able to.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:28pm | Report
Last pick jungle Yi against a team with little CC/mobility is very very troublesome. Counter-jungling needed ASAP.

@throat: thanks for the response. As for carrying dumbpeeps, I just ping the **** out of things and just call out 'baron', 'dragon' and stuff, because if you go 15-0 but can't take towers fast enough, **** goes haywire: people get caught, dive for no reason, ignore objectives, don't push lanes, etc. I never underestimate people's ability to throw.
Unfortunately, we don't think alike on the champion selection. I play what I think is fun, which isn't always the best choice... right Olaf, you sad sad excuse for a viking?
Anyways, good advice nonetheless.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:32pm | Report
What's your rune/mastery setup like?

Personally I'm Magic pen reds + AP quints + 9/21/0 with 3/4 AS and then 5 in AP tree.

Could also go AS reds or quints, but I've found the current ones to really help with poking.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:35pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:
As for carrying dumbpeeps, I just ping the **** out of things and just call out 'baron', 'dragon' and stuff, because if you go 15-0 but can't take towers fast enough, **** goes haywire: people get caught, dive for no reason, ignore objectives, don't push lanes, etc.

I often find being way ahead early is the best way to lose a game up until my current elo, people lose track of what they're doing and just suicide all over the enemy jungle.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 1:46pm | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

What's your rune/mastery setup like?

Personally I'm Magic pen reds + AP quints + 9/21/0 with 3/4 AS and then 5 in AP tree.

Could also go AS reds or quints, but I've found the current ones to really help with poking.

his ap scaling is garbage

If I can AA my opponents, singed renekton etc, I go dual pen marks, armor seals, magic pen marks, 1 magic pen quint, 2 hp quints

If I can't AA my opponent, ranged or riven etc, it's the same but magic pen marks instead of dual pen.

I play him like a caster early and my spells are Q and my passive auto.

@luizdeh
If you want to play for fun you'll have fun
if you want to play to climb elo, then you'll climb elo

Figure out which one you want and play accordingly. I find shen epicly fun, though.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 2:10pm | Report
Knew the quints weren't ...... optimal, think I really should get more quints to use.... :D

And yup, the early caster route is epic.

The only issue I have with him atm is his awkward last hitting pre-Sunfire. But I'm working on that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide