Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

LoL Class (1-credit)

Creator: DKitten November 26, 2013 6:04am
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 6:04am | Report
Saw this on the LoL GD earlier. I had a good laugh; the syllabus makes complete sense.
==============================
Link

I go to this really liberal college where people can teach and take student-led courses for college credit. It's a crazy experience that definitely isn't something you can do anywhere, so I decided to apply to teach a course on League of Legends---- It GOT APPROVED!

The only catch is that there are two other people who also wanted to teach one, so we agreed to split up the course into a Beginner (new to the game) and Intermediate (level 30s) course. It's a pretty small college (student body < 3000), but we are nerdy have quite a dedicated playerbase. Now, because of the decision to split the course into two classes, I need to change my syllabus from an beginner level to an intermediate level.

I don't think I'm bad at the game, but there's still a lot more that I can learn, and while I've already started revising my syllabus to include more about ranked play, I'm sure there are some things that I'm missing/forgetting, and I would love some help! I've attached a copy. Remember that this is only a supplementary course (1 credit max), not some intense LoL-academy or anything. Most of the player-base on campus is ~mid bronze to ~mid silver.

Thanks in advance!
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 1:52pm | Report
This sounds like an amazing opportunity. I'd love to be able to take or teach a class like this.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 2:45pm | Report
Looks awesome, when I get better at the game I wouldn't mind coaching. But right now I'm more in the position to need a coach lol. However teaching it with a class setting in mind sounds awesome! Whoever goes to this college and plays league and passes this class up is a dummy :P
Sig by R4GE
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 4:55pm | Report
Wow, that is so awesome. Why can't the universities here be like that? You know I'd much prefer to attend a lecture by a fellow student, than an actual university lecturer. More often than not the lecturer is old and doesn't even know how to use PowerPoint.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2013 4:30am | Report
Chances that this is true: 1/9999999^99 % (almost nothing)

It's just some student fantasizing about a crazy idea and everyone wants it to be true lol

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
mysoul4donuts
<Member>
mysoul4donuts's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2013 4:42am | Report
LoL actually is an official kind of sport in the USA, so this could actually be true!
X >(Zed+Kha)² , Solve for X
solution : X = Talon!
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2013 3:30am | Report
Sounds like fun!:D nowwhere near being able to be any kind of instructor lols... but being a student would be awesome!:D teach me more about leagues oh wise one!<3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide