Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

(Maybe?) Some Dominion problem

Creator: Darcurse October 8, 2011 1:48pm
1 2 3
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 1:48pm | Report
Somehow I couldnt shake the feeling that something´s not right with Dominion.

(Reffering to solo queue)
Sometimes one side rocks totally (dominites *hurhur* -cough-) always controlling 3 towers/sometimes easily eradicating attackers and take over a fourth for the fun of it, but suddenly they collapse completely without a reason, never be able to recuperate.
And with "rock" I´m reffering to be in the lead by around 300p (400:100 e.g).
Or the losing side is at least able to rise for a short amount of time, taking the majority of the towers before being crushed yet again.

First I thought it was thanks to solo queue standard, but after experiencing that problem many times now I couldnt quite get it.
Is it thanks to some champs who sudenly burst or drop in combat power(value) after some time?
Or the fact that in late game if all champs of on side die at short intervals making them respawn and move in the field solo, one after another?

Normally I´d brush the feeling off, since I´m playing solo queue ("Expect the unexpected!"),
but the fact that one mess off a team instantly without warning makes the leading one eat dust is quite irritating.
Any ideas on that?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 1:52pm | Report
it could be the second.

another reason is that they let their grip of the situation slip because they thought there was no way they could lose at that point. i've seen it happen a lot as well.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:21pm | Report
There are a few major things misleading or wrong with Dominion.

1. Winning does, in fact, involve strategy to win.
  • Some think it does not involve strategy, but low-elo classic LoL doesn't involve strategy either - You just queue up, try to win, the end.
  • Thinking it doesn't involve strategy and that you only need to zerg enemies can sometimes win games against equally misinformed players, but cost you the game against more skilled players

2. Capture-and-Hold does make holding 3 points the ideal situation - For newbies
  • Holding and defending 3 may not be the best absolute strategy, but its the simplest to pull off.
  • Just because Dominion has more complex strategies doesn't mean everyone can pull them off - Newbies will step back to the safer steps because they don't have confidence in what does or does not work.

3. The score system is highly flawed.
  • A lot of people use the scoring system to justify their performance when often it can mean the exact opposite.
  • Here's a list of what the scoring system rewards you for, that it shouldn't:
    • Duo-captures/neutralizes - Capping a point with an ally, when its perfectly secure, means you're wasting time you could be using to go fight for and capture a different point
    • Re-capping points near your base that you recently died at: The system gives too many points for reclaiming points that they shouldn't have lost to begin with.
  • Now, here's a list of what the score system SHOULD reward you for, but does not:
    • Killing minions - Pushing a lane actually applies pressure to the adjacent enemy point, which is a good thing
    • Intercepting enemies - If you stall a person while an ally captures a point, that should deserve an assist
  • Also, the game rewards significantly less points for assists, which is a crime in and of itself. It causes people to whine about KSes, and makes tanks' and supports' scores looks immensely less impressive.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:34pm | Report
The problem with Dominion?

Everyone who plays this game is dumb.

Basically, the result is that they have completely FORGOTTEN that this is STILL League of Legends.

In Summoners Rift, would you run one after the other to stop a tea of 5 doing Baron?

Of course not, you saw a pro team wait for all 5 members to fight it, or they don't fight it at all.

But people are so STUPID, that they think THIS MAP is somehow different.

They run one after the other to a tower with 3 defenders and die over and over again like panicked lemmings desperate to kill themselves.

They go cap-happy even when they are low HP, instead of simply basing, and getting prepared to defend the points they just capped or held.

That's why I don't even play Dominion. I played it the first day of release and just stopped because the people who play it are so brain dead.

The strategies I used right from day 1 are just being put into place now, weeks later.

Zzzzzzz.

And when you do it right, and cap and defend, it's boring. When your team does it wrong, it's maddening.

Quite simply put, I don't like the map at all.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:37pm | Report
Everything JunSupport said is correct.

The one thing I would disagree with is that capping and holding 3 points is without a doubt the absolute best strategy.

You can win using other gimmicky strategies but they're just not as good.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
DuffTime wrote:
Everyone who plays this game is DUMB.

^ Your typical inexperienced and misinformed first impression based on pubstomping~

When Dominion-ranked comes out, people will be seeing ranked players do 4-caps and 5-caps because they're actually applying strategies, not running around half-aimless.

JunSupport wrote:
When someone goes and calls an entire player base dumb - I believe in real life, that's called Prejudice.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
^ Dumb MobaFire vet making flash judgments.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:40pm | Report
Am I wrong?

Have you climbed into the high-elo regions of normal queue for Dominion to meet players who have high win-ratios?
Have you tried making 5-man premades and experimenting with actual strategies?
Have you looked past the face-value of Dominion?

No? Didn't think so.
Being a "flash judgment" doesn't equate to a statement being false. Especially when it's in response to a subjective superficial judgment (like yours).
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:45pm | Report
You're a waste of time.

I'll anticipate your long response insinuating that I didn't back myself up therefore I am "Wrong" and proven to be so now.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 5:48pm | Report
Jun, you're always so abrasive. What is your elo? What is your summoner spell level? What is your account name? Back up your own claims with your own elo climbing domination, PLEASE so we can just "accept" your answers as right because you are pro.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide