Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MobaFire's Scouting System

Creator: jhoijhoi January 20, 2014 12:30am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

What do you think of MobaFire's Scouting System?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:04am | Report
^http://www.mobafire.com/credits

Everyone over the "Editors" section should be able to scout. And please, I don't do it free, they pay me (they transfer money to my secret bank account on Luxembourg).

But yeah, if the reviewer or the author himself are not mature enough to settle down and discuss the guide and its flaws etc., they shouldn't really be doing what they are; author shouldn't write guides and the reviewer shouldn't review them.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:06am | Report
personally i would want canoas to scout my guides (that remain unwritten). that guy seems like my kinda guy.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:11am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

^http://www.mobafire.com/credits

Everyone over the "Editors" section should be able to scout. And please, I don't do it free, they pay me (they transfer money to my secret bank account on Luxembourg).

But yeah, if the reviewer or the author himself are not mature enough to settle down and discuss the guide and its flaws etc., they shouldn't really be doing what they are; author shouldn't write guides and the reviewer shouldn't review them.

i just realised how few people that are, especially if you consider that like a third of them are not even active anymore.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:34am | Report
The only reason you started this thread is because you want to get rid of the -scouts on this guide and you cannot get it the regular way.

On topic: I only care about scouted guides getting more visibility because right now, scouting is nearly useless.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:43am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

The only reason you started this thread is because you want to get rid of the -scouts on this guide and you cannot get it the regular way.

On topic: I only care about scouted guides getting more visibility because right now, scouting is nearly useless.

someone said it, omg.

but yes, I agree that the real issue is that scouting a guide does nothing really at all.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 9:57am | Report
Currently the scouting system is the voting system behind the regular system. Personally I think the entire system should be overhauled. My suggestions:
  • Any guide should have a minimum of 20-50 (exact number is irrelevant) votes or exist for a long period of time with at least 80% rating in order for it to be possible to get a scout point.
  • Any guide should be updated according to the latest patch in order to get a scout point.
  • A scout can only scout 1 guide per champion.
  • Remove -scouting due to the previous suggestion.
  • The guide with the most scout points becomes featured.
  • Expired/Archived guides lose all given scout points. Same if the guide drops below 80% rating.
  • Scout points should be given on the quality of guide, as in, how well it is written. Due to the higher rating scouts can assume the guide to contain correct content and only have to focus on the writing itself. This includes, but is not limited to, grammar, spelling, chapter order, amount of content and writing style.

The Scout system should no longer be a system that focuses on "fixing" top rated guides but should focus on which among those guides is the best written one.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 10:10am | Report
^ I have nothing to add anymore, completely agree with everything GMD said.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:07am | Report
I agree besides that I do believe scouts should be allowed to vote on content, because 80% rating still doesn't guarantee a thing really :p
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:36am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Yeah, because it's not like jhoi has always said that scouting shouldn't be anonymo- oh wait.....

Like damn dude, I understand why you say it, but let's focus on our thoughts about the current system and things that could/should be changed, shall we?

OT: I like the idea of Scouts being able to find low rated "gems" that are being overlooked, but honestly, it's not really realistic, not only because lower rated guides are often worse than higher rated ones, but also because a big issue that new guides / lower rated guides used to have (being unable to beat top guides because top guides had a 90%+ rating and got way more views because of that) has been resolved with the new voting system. Therefore, changing it to the system that GMD suggests sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
NateKiller
<Member>
NateKiller's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:55am | Report
Adding to what GrandmasterD said, the scout system must include author feedback. No exceptions. It's a design travesty that it's currently missing.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide