Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Morellos evil tome, why its not used more?

Creator: unosnow August 31, 2011 2:50pm
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 5:13pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Blue buff isn't always available. Blue pot isn't always affordable.
Sometimes, you're just behind and need to work on items or someone deserves blue more then you.

Maybe so - but would you really buy an item that only works 50% of the time?

The only time it's viable is if you're in a low elo game with multiple AP carries and no jungler to give you blue buffs, and you have no MP5 runes/masteries, imo.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 5:36pm | Report
It's getting a buff in viability now that the healing reduction is being removed from ignite and added to this.
True love is found only in yourself.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 5:39pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Pretty much this.

And as I've mentioned before -
You don't need the AP from it because it gives a minimal amount, you don't need the regeneration from it because of blue buff/rod of ages.

Morello's is outclassed, simply put.

ja

you don't need the CDR

or mana regen

(blue buff?)

so the only real useful thing you are getting is the AP...

it IS useful to get tho if you have 2 APs (EU meta), and you are the less mana hungry of the two, so the other one gets blue. THEN, it may be a good idea to get.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 5:51pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Maybe so - but would you really buy an item that only works 50% of the time?

The only time it's viable is if you're in a low elo game with multiple AP carries and no jungler to give you blue buffs, and you have no MP5 runes/masteries, imo.

This, Ladies and Gentleman, is called a selective argument.

Xenasis has chosen to DENY the other part of my argument that states that Morello's Evil Tome is a niche item. You DO NOT buy it more then 50% of the time. (It's like Quicksilver Sash.)

That way, he can make my statement look weak. He does this because he has nothing to refute the fact that what I say about Morello's Evil Tome is true.

It is a niche item that can be useful under the right circumstances, but it's not something you make a core part of your build.

Morello's Evil Tome is a good situational item, and thinking otherwise is a severely limited way to look upon it.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
unosnow
<Member>
unosnow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 6:10pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

This, Ladies and Gentleman, is called a selective argument.

Xenasis has chosen to DENY the other part of my argument that states that Morello's Evil Tome is a niche item. You DO NOT buy it more then 50% of the time. (It's like Quicksilver Sash.)

That way, he can make my statement look weak. He does this because he has nothing to refute the fact that what I say about Morello's Evil Tome is true.

It is a niche item that can be useful under the right circumstances, but it's not something you make a core part of your build.

Morello's Evil Tome is a good situational item, and thinking otherwise is a severely limited way to look upon it.

Thank you this is what i was looking for, i had been buying it as my first item recently because in one game i got FB and another early kill and was able to afford it my first back and then i just completely raped the rest of the game, but games beyond that it wasnt NEARLY as viable and gimped me pretty hard so i was looking for someone to explain this to me :) thanks!

And dont worry, Xenasis is what you typically find in the LoL community... Stubborn and thick headed, refuses to see anything beyond his tunnel vision and will stick to his guns no matter how wrong he is by making arguments that completely over-look the point your trying to make
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 6:13pm | Report
Its good for champs who need CDR if your not building CDR runes already.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 6:21pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Xenasis has chosen to DENY the other part of my argument that states that Morello's Evil Tome is a niche item. You DO NOT buy it more then 50% of the time.

You misread my statement.

I didn't say buy it more than 50% of the time. I said if blue buff and blue pot aren't always available - why would you want that - since when they are available, it's a waste.

As I mentioned before -
You never run out of mana on AP carries. If you do, Rod of Ages is the way to go.
CDR is almost useless on AP carries because of blue buff - you don't get it all the time, but you have to consider when you do get it, by kills or otherwise.
As I mentioned before - bigger bursts > smaller bursts that are more often - and Morello's doesn't give you a good amount of AP. Even if blue buff didn't exist, it would only be viable on a select number of champions. None of which are burst mages like Orianna - you had a terrible example.

It's also not a niche item for the reasons I mentioned, it really doesn't work on anyone. Quicksilver Sash is an item you never have stapled into a build, if the conditions you mentioned were true, then one mage would almost always have it in their build - you don't buy a Quicksilver Sash if the enemy has a Malz, BUT he's doing terrible, whereas if he was super fed you would likely get one.

You can't just blatantly attack me by saying that I'm completely wrong and I refuse to accept your truth. If you turn the argument on it's head - I could've used the same on you - but personal attacks aren't something I'm fond of. I'd rather argue about the item itself, rather than who's single minded and who's not. Saying I'm too stubborn to accept your point of view is pathetic, when I've clearly made an argument against it multiple times.

Next time, make an attempt to counter my argument rather than making a personal attack.

Edit:
Oh. I forgot to say. Stating the facts for one item doesn't make me stubborn at all. I stated the facts. Saying Rabadon's Deathcap has a high amount of AP doesn't make me stubborn about it because it's a fact. Anyway, I need to sleep - I shouldn't be up this late when I'm up in the morning.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 6:49pm | Report
How about I make it clear and simple, Xenasis?

Morello's Evil Tome is viable in high elo. (It is situational, but still applicable in a lot of situations)

You think it's ONLY viable when there are 4 ap carries and no jungler.

There are tanks and ad carries who can make good use of Blue buff as well. Some junglers need the blue as well.
ALSO - Blue buff is not always active. Once you obtain it, there will still be a 2-minute down time after its duration where blue does not respawn.
Itemizing for mana-regen when it's necessary OR so you do not need to "depend" on blue is called a strategic option. It depends on the situations.

There's no way to set yourself up to NEVER EVER need to consider using regen. Except play only champions w/o mana, but that's even more unviable because this is a strategy game after all.

Conclusion: You need to re-evaluate your thoughts.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 7:16pm | Report
I think that even though this can be considered a niche item, it's really a moot point because Ionian Boots of Lucidity are by and large better than Morello's Evil Tome.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 7:25pm | Report
Ionian Boots of Lucidity are niche too because it's a boot item.

Sorcerer's Shoes, Mercury's Treads, and Berserker's Greaves are more viable for most champions with the exception of building Void Staff to overshadow Sorc's in the late game.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide