Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nerfed Soraka

Creator: jhoijhoi February 10, 2012 11:19pm
112 posts - page 7 of 12
How much does Soraka suck now?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:07pm | Report
Easily rolled by Alistar/ Sona/ Taric? Since when? o_o

I'd say she's probably the best support in game after Sona. Taric is stronger in lane but definitely not as great for teamfights, Alistar is different since he's more an initiator with a lot of CC rather than a support with incredible heals. I wouldn't say one is stronger than the other though.

Looking at the relatively recent Kiev tournament, Soraka was picked 3x and banned twice, equal overall to Sona who was picked 4 times and banned once.
Janna (3 picks, 0 bans), Taric (2 picks, 0 bans) and Alistar (0 picks, 0 bans) all came off worse.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 4:19pm | Report
Soraka is a great champion and will still be great after her little change. Right, now she basically has no mana cost which is a bit broken. Also, this might give her a change of being somewhat more aggressive.

I still hate her though x)
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 5:25pm | Report

I mean Soraka's days of being a tourney pick are numbered.

is this a joke? she'll always be a tournament pick, she'll still be one of the best go-to support in the game after this nerf. A global heal is enough to keep her competitive. Besides it's not like any other supports are getting buffed. Their issues will still be present.

The only thing I can see is taric becoming a more popular pick, but then again he'll still be a subpar out-of-lane/mid-late game champ
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:14pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Without Infuse returning mana, Soraka now has to watch how much mana she uses on Starcall, has a very slow heal and a silence that can do a lot of damage BUT NOT AGAINST AP MID BECAUSE MOST AP MID HAS MAGIC RESIST RUNES.

People run MR on AP? I thought AP/lvl runes were pretty much universally standard.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Soraka shouldnt be soloing, even because you can pick a champion who will make more difference late game with that level advantage

If they want to nerf her mana "heal", they should work on her CDs too, because her HP heal has a ****ing CD

I'd pick Taric now
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:36pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Just saying that Soraka was a pain in the butt, but easily rolled by Alistar/Sona/Taric if played correctly. I'd even say Taric is stronger than Soraka as he's much harder to kill and far tankier, has a "double" heal, a targeted stun that can't miss and a damage amplifying ultimate.

All they had to do was make her Infuse single targeted and give half mana back to herself. That would have nerfed her enough.

Soraka doesn't get countered by any of these except an aggressive Sona prioritizing Q. Taric is harder to kill in a "stay still hit the dummy" contest but in reality Taric actually has to go in close in fights to stun certain targets and to auto-attack someone making him prone to switching and taking radius damage while Soraka has the positional advantage in being able to stay back and just powerhouse heals and silences on targets. Laning wise its invalid since you won't even bother touching him unless for free harass.

I'm glad Riot went this far in nerfing her since Soraka solo lanes were counter-productive in having fun. Played a game with her now without using Infuse on myself and as long as you go the normal support build and time her heals well so that the armor buff mitigates damage her mana efficiency is still hands down the best.

Luther3000 wrote:

People run MR on AP? I thought AP/lvl runes were pretty much universally standard.

I ain't running no AP/lvl against CassiOPeia. Running MR Glyphs on non-quirky champions ([Take Galio & Ryze for example) is basically a subtle sign in saying "Hey I don't except to win the lane".
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:41pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

All they had to do was make her Infuse single targeted and give half mana back to herself. That would have nerfed her enough.

Totally agreed
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:50pm | Report
You say that Soraka shouldn't be soloing lanes then 10mins later change your mind? Make your mind up.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
mysim20
<Member>
mysim20's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:38pm | Report
Guess i have to learn Taric or Janna now :I Alistar might be fun.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 9:40pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

is this a joke? she'll always be a tournament pick, she'll still be one of the best go-to support in the game after this nerf. A global heal is enough to keep her competitive. Besides it's not like any other supports are getting buffed. Their issues will still be present.

The only thing I can see is taric becoming a more popular pick, but then again he'll still be a subpar out-of-lane/mid-late game champ

Ohhh I needed to do one of those /sarcasm things didn't I?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide