Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nerfed Soraka

Creator: jhoijhoi February 10, 2012 11:19pm
112 posts - page 8 of 12
How much does Soraka suck now?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 9:54pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Jeffy: The thing is, for those of us who actually played Soraka outside the support role, the mana return was somewhat necessary for our playstyle. She doesn't have huge burst like other AP casters, and Infuse allowed you to spam Starcall without penalty - allowing you to do as much damage as another AP mid.

Without Infuse returning mana, Soraka now has to watch how much mana she uses on Starcall, has a very slow heal and a silence that can do a lot of damage BUT NOT AGAINST AP MID BECAUSE MOST AP MID HAS MAGIC RESIST RUNES.

Anyway.

I didn't read the whole thread.

Just saying that Soraka was a pain in the butt, but easily rolled by Alistar/Sona/Taric if played correctly. I'd even say Taric is stronger than Soraka as he's much harder to kill and far tankier, has a "double" heal, a targeted stun that can't miss and a damage amplifying ultimate.

All they had to do was make her Infuse single targeted and give half mana back to herself. That would have nerfed her enough.

The whole thing is...she is a support champ. Key word being support...a support champion shouldn't be able to solo lane. They are inherently created to work in conjunction with another champion...being able to perma sustain completely ruins the dynamics of a lane...oh hey I'm soraka and I can't be moved from lane...why would I facing a soraka even attempt to harass her when I know it will get healed back and she has no mana issues. At least now she fits her pigeon hole. If you wanna be unorthodox with her now you get to be like 90% of the other mana using casters. You have to make a choice of weather to harass or farm. You don't get to do both and you do get the chance to find a better more enjoyable way to play her. Its a minor nerf that should have come along awhile ago. I can understand where you're coming from, but this change isn't some sort of end all for soraka. It just means the lane is no longer a snore fest. Harassing the carry in a soraka lane no longer counts for nothing. No longer makes the lane completely boring. Just my opinion take it or leave it.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 10:16pm | Report

The whole thing is...she is a support champ. Key word being support...a support champion shouldn't be able to solo lane.

so the following champions should not be able to solo lane, according to you:
Nidalee, Galio, Teemo, Kayle, Karma, Lux, Morgana, Shen, and Zilean. All the champions are considered supports by riot (i dont care who you think is a support and who isnt, this is according to riot). Ok chief. did you forgot to put /sarcasm on this too?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 10:28pm | Report
The only real difference in my Solo-mid AP Carry Soraka is now I actually have to build Mp/5 items (possibly Clarity) and might actually put points in heal now. She still has the epic free silence/damage. :D
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 10:33pm | Report

You have to make a choice of weather to harass or farm. You don't get to do both

Ehm, just pointing out, but if one harasses with Starcall, it is still farming. Or one could farm with Starcall and still have Infuse, which has no mana cost, for harassment. So, no, Soraka really doesn't have to chose, and she really does get to do both.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 4:20am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

so the following champions should not be able to solo lane, according to you:
Nidalee, Galio, Teemo, Kayle, Karma, Lux, Morgana, Shen, and Zilean. All the champions are considered supports by riot (i dont care who you think is a support and who isnt, this is according to riot). Ok chief. did you forgot to put /sarcasm on this too?

Oh come on. You know he's not talking about the list of champions you mentioned -.-'

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:28pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

i wish riot would just buff the supports that are considerably weaker than Soraka/Sona instead of constantly nerfing them. This really doesn't change anything. Both will be played in favor of Karma, Janna, Alistar, etc.

They're trying to bring down the lane phase strength of sustain supports to introduce other options that might be more exciting.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:34pm | Report
Like Annie when she hits legal age. That'd be exciting, her and Sona bot, making out...I mean controlling their lane....
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Why is erry1 overreacting about a minor (and necessary) rebalance?

Like have you ever even laned against Soraka in bot? It turns the lane into a boring snoozefest for both teams.

<3 you Luther < basically what I was getting at.

I'm so surprised it took so long for peoplez to say these things. Three cheers for Jeffeh and woofer.

Mowen also had good points, and I'm not sure why people think, "AP RAKA DED NAO!"

Wait for the nerfs and decide... AFTER YOU SEE IT POST NERFS!!!!

NOT BEFORE, FFS!?

AFTERWARDS! Cmon guys this is so stupid I can hardly stand it. The patch hasn't even been put in place yet and you're acting like it's the apocalypse. Wait for the patch to drop and then talk about how she was buried -if- she actually was.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Zell wrote:

Okay, she won't be able to solo lanes anymore so what?

Why not?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:40pm | Report
^^ It's not like she won't be able to solo lane. She just won't necissarily have it be easymode never leave perma push. She'll eventually run out of mana. Like any other sensible mana using AP champ.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide