Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Nerfed Soraka

Creator: jhoijhoi February 10, 2012 11:19pm
112 posts - page 5 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
How much does Soraka suck now?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:18am | Report
Atarios wrote:

omg win

Yeah.. twas actually quite fun, zoned their ezreal-sona like crazy. Our graves carried us sooo hard.

Edit: lol sooo many trolls, ruined forever a thing which will barely affect her. Because cmon, u only pick soraka for manahungry lanemates.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 7:40am | Report
Good, glad they're finally getting rid of perma sustain never leave lane Soraka. It's annoying when you want to push your lane and Soraka is there because she never had to leave. Oh so they're pigeon holing her into the support role. Fine by me, supports should be supports. I'm not talking about their item builds AP soraka is sexual. I'm talking about the fact that support champions need to be just that...Supports. Meaning they work better in a team, not soloing (even if it's for the lols). Consider the fact that Soraka mid versus MOST other APs would just be silly. Most APs have mana costs and only a few have a way to refund them. Soraka didn't. But she could push/harass/damage permanaently because she could always just get her mana back. Now Soraka players actually have to MANAGE their mana. So there are no more silly points where Soraka and her lane mate win the lane through perma sustain attrition versus supports like Sona/Taric/Alistar....Sure taric can get mana back..If he auto attacks something...Either way /clap for the Soraka nerfs.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:34am | Report
Why is erry1 overreacting about a minor (and necessary) rebalance?

Like have you ever even laned against Soraka in bot? It turns the lane into a boring snoozefest for both teams.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:37am | Report
<3 you Luther < basically what I was getting at. It's not dynaic because Soraka can always just give herself more mana and then heal, and then more mana etc. I'm happy about the changes. No more will Soraka in bot lane mean I have to farm. I CAN KILL AGAIN YAY.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:53am | Report
Because a soraka/whatever bot-lane with a 20 second cd heal(i think) is unkillable..
Tristana- Leona begs to differ *nods* so does Alistar- Vayne(at least when me and my friend duo's with it)
imo. Soraka was never that good. This nerf did not really do anything, cuz soraka was full mana all the time anyways cuz she couldn't heal more than 3 times per minute. her base mana-regen is almost that big.. Quit crying and play a support that is actually fun to play >.<
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:54am | Report
They aren't unkillable, just unharassable.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 8:59am | Report
^^

Some champs feed off of being able to harass their opponent...Stick soraka in that lane and you're looking at "i use mana to harass she heals it bacl...Fthis Im just going to afk farm"
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 9:59am | Report
I love the people jumping on the "Soraka ruined forever QQ!" bang-wagon. Okay, she won't be able to solo lanes anymore so what? I remember watching a Soraka mid on TheOddOne steam and it is frankly one of the lamest things ever having double heal (triple with Summoner Spell), long silence, spamming AoE pushing power and unlimited mana ontop of it all. Lets actually be rational for a moment and judge the changes from her main position - support.

Positives

• Starcall mana cost reduced to try and encourage aggressive play and compensate for the lack of mana sustain from Infuse.
  • Astral Blessing mana cost reduced to compensate for the lack of mana sustain from Infuse.
  • Infuse mana given buffed thus allowing AD carries to spam almost non-stop encouraging aggressive play particularly by very mana hungry champions such as Ezreal.

"Negatives"
  • No long able to hold the lane anymore with spamming Starcall and sustaining herself reducing amount of time to poke tower.
  • Infuse no longer able to be used on herself resulting in her not having the best mana efficiency clear and cut.

Point being now when your AD carry takes some poke damage without bothering trying to trade but instead 100% focusing on creep score the supporting Soraka will now actually share mana issues that other supports have when their AD carry plays carelessly (such as Sona). Thus, now stopping AD carries from shrugging off free damage like nothing isn't discouraging aggressive play - its discouraging stupid play.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1297/sorakascore.png

I think she will be fine.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 10:07am | Report
*claps* well put well put. May the valentines day corperations grant you a free romp at the bunny ranch in Los Vegas.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2012 10:52am | Report
they're not unharassable. It's very easy to bait a heal on Soraka. Also Tristana and Miss Fortune are very strong against soraka.

Anyway, you just auto attack soraka until she is force to heal/burn a summoner then switch to her ad carry and kill him. Not difficult at all, very harassable
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide