Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nerfed Soraka

Creator: jhoijhoi February 10, 2012 11:19pm
112 posts - page 9 of 12
How much does Soraka suck now?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:48pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Cmon guys this is so stupid I can hardly stand it. The patch hasn't even been put in place yet and you're acting like it's the apocalypse. Wait for the patch to drop and then talk about how she was buried -if- she actually was.

This. I honestly don't understand why everyone is so negative/scared/worried.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:52pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

This. I honestly don't understand why everyone is so negative/scared/worried.

Change scares people, especially when one of Soraka's original abilities is being put to rest.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:54pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

Change scares people, especially when one of Soraka's original abilities is being reworked to fix her obnoxious ability to ruin everyone's lives no matter what lane she was put into.

I won't say fix'd, but I couldn't resist. :3

The thing is, Riot wants a fun game, and it's simply not fun to lane against a Soraka, be it mid lane or bot.

And for those contradictory types out there, do not tell me you love laning against Soraka. I will find you >:[
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:56pm | Report
'course it's not fun to lane against anyone who's beating you....under that pretext they might as well remove all the champions because one day they will beat someone and the person they beat won't be having fun.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:57pm | Report
Well that is -completely- not what I said.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:57pm | Report
Comes down to comfort really. You drive a car long enough and you get used to the way it feels when you sit in it. Some reason someone else comes along and decides to change your seat placement and the radio station/CD/Satelite radio you typically listen to and all of a sudden you feel aggrovated. You get in your car, hit your head on the door frame because the person who used your car last is a foot shorter than you. The radio turns on and you have your ears blasted out by loud music/voices etc.

Your initial knee jerk reaction is WTF THIS IS ********....Then you put your seat back, get your radio back on the right station, then you chill the **** out and realize you pissed your pants over nothing.

I did this when they changed Tryn, I've finally gotten used to the idea "stuff in life changes all the time, why would LoL be any different?" you get used to it, you get over it, you move on. Or forever be that "guy/gal" perpetually pissed at everything because nothing stays the same.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:58pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I won't say fix'd, but I couldn't resist. :3

The thing is, Riot wants a fun game, and it's simply not fun to lane against a Soraka, be it mid lane or bot.

I agree with you 100%, I'm just sayin' being able to provide your own mana was one of Soraka's more interesting abilities, and people are not gonna like seeing it go away.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 1:01pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Well that is -completely- not what I said.

I know, but I was just pointing out that in the end the game is fun when you win and not when you lose.

Eve made the game unfun. Now Eve is unfun.

nerfing champs so hard that they aren't really fun anymore just makes people stop playing them.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

I agree with you 100%, I'm just sayin' being able to provide your own mana was one of Soraka's more interesting abilities, and people are not gonna like seeing it go away.

Meta shifted into what it is now. Now the interesting idea that made Soraka almost unique makes the game (for a majority of people who don't play her, nor have an undying devotion to her mechanics) completely bonkers. It's like Vlad was on release, never leave lane heal everything back in one Q. Now at least you have to take time to regain your full HP bar.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 1:03pm | Report
nerfing champs so hard that they aren't really fun anymore just makes people stop playing them.

Yeah... but Soraka is actually so strong in her current role that it's not fun to play against her, and nerfing her up to a point where she will still be a good support while not being as annoyingly unharassable to her enemies will make the game overall more fun... :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide