Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Item - Maw of Malmortius

Creator: Bryun March 16, 2012 6:47pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 9:45pm | Report
Zell wrote:

Someone clearly hasn't done the maths (this game isn't all about 1vs1, you know?). Nor taking into account that when you dodged you would evade all the negative on-hit effects (be it a snare or bonus damage) that would come along with it.

Despite the fact I prefer the present version as it is overall more consistent and neglects "chance" over "skill". Maybe instead of labeling people as an idiot over the internet (be it a joke or not) just accept that people may not share the same opinion as you - I know, shocking right?!

You CAN NOT dodge udyr bear stance stun.

Other on hit effect yes, but Ninja Tabi was designed as a counter to AD champions, and not On-Hit effect champions.

MR is the counter to those champions, as well as all of the traditional on-hit champs having very bad escapes.

As a counter to AD champions, Ninja Tabi were improved, because before, it was complete RNG wether you lived or died, and now you have a much more reliable read on wether you can survive an engagement or not.
Tri lane for life.
mysim20
<Member>
mysim20's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 9:58pm | Report
Tried this on Irelia, was ok
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 10:22pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

You CAN NOT dodge udyr bear stance stun.

Other on hit effect yes, but Ninja Tabi was designed as a counter to AD champions, and not On-Hit effect champions.

MR is the counter to those champions, as well as all of the traditional on-hit champs having very bad escapes.

As a counter to AD champions, Ninja Tabi were improved, because before, it was complete RNG wether you lived or died, and now you have a much more reliable read on wether you can survive an engagement or not.

There is a reason why I outlined "snare and bonus damage" in brackets...

Lots of items bought by AD champions or AD champions themselves have on-hit effects.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
3pthorror
<Member>
3pthorror's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 10:40pm | Report
Lanedeer will love this item... wriggles, Tri force, randuins, wits end, this item, and tabi's is some crazy damage and tanking. and the passive gives som much ad when you think about teamfights, it makes lifesteal a lot better since the lower you get the more you gain O.o
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 2:15am | Report
I love items like this, components stats are higher than final item stats, way to go riot, make people avoid another item.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 6:17am | Report
As far as I remember Udyr is the only exception to this, since his stun is no on-hit but simply a spell aimed at his autoattack target.
Every other on-hit except for skill shots like Mystic Shot will be dodged.

Speaking of Tabis, IMO clear nerf since you'll loose 2% and the ability to negate on-hit effects.

Regarding overall dmg, math states that in a short game you'd have more OR less than the 12% dodge as AA dmg reduction, but on the long run you'll have ~12%. (IMO only a slight nerf comparing new and old but adding on-hits it clearly IS one)

Regarding RNG, it's good or bad, you can evade a weak or strong attack that way while being hit by the other so it's totally BS saying that this highly matters.

This argument only counts for those guys who rely on ddg for that one autohit which evading decides over life and death.
That there are also enough hits which have to bring you down this far, that seems only fictional in their heads.
FreeBeats
<Member>
FreeBeats's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 8:34am | Report
I'm pretty excited about this item. I think it will be great on ad bruisers who are already building hp.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 8:55am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

I love items like this, components stats are higher than final item stats, way to go riot, make people avoid another item.

If you'll notice, Hexdrinker is built from a single Long Sword and a Null-Magic Mantle in that image, while it is currently built from two Long Swords. I assume this means they have lowered the stats and cost on Hexdrinker to make it a cheaper early game buy to to make sure that each upgrade is better than its components.

FreeBeats wrote:

I'm pretty excited about this item. I think it will be great on ad bruisers who are already building hp.

No, the passive decreases in effectiveness as you gain HP. The more HP you have, the more damage you have to take in order to gain a single point of AD from it. It's really only going to be very effective on the same champions that the Hexdrinker was, champions that scale better with AD than AS and who need some extra MR; most bruisers prefer building Wit's End and likely still will, Wit's is simply an amazing item.

Oh, and guys, if we're going to argue about dodge vs. DR again, could we revive the old Tabi buff or nerf thread in Theorycrafting so that we can keep this one on topic?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 12:36pm | Report
Don't keep the misconception that this synergizes with Warmog's Armor, because that's not necessarily true. Being at 10/1000 health will give you just as much AD as being at 50/5000 health, and you're not going to survive very long either way unless you're Tryndamere or a really lucky Olaf against a really dumb team.

Lugignaf wrote:

Hexdrinker is the only AD/MR item in the game and it was really lack-luster come end game.

Aegis of the Legion
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 4:43pm | Report
This item was a massive buff to the tanky DPS archtype.

I -almost- forgive them for the removal of dodge.

I don't, but I almost do.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide