Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Advice/Tips & Tricks Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 23, 2013 5:11pm
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 1:32am | Report
Actually I disagree with you there Napoleon.

Baron Nashor is a game changer, surely a noob trap also since it's great temptation to get it in the wrong time, but baron for a team, especially for a team which is loosing is huge.

It's really hard to do "safe" Baron. The fact enemy has no vision of it or has members down or you can take it extremely fast does not secure it. Heck, I've stolen a Baron with Leona ultimate 1v5 without any vision (*cough* Brag *cough*). We ended up pushing middle after that and won the game.

In a way yes, it's noob trap and it's propably safest when you have aced the opposing team, but no there is no safe baron in most of the cases.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 1:39am | Report
Just a heads up, I'm going overseas tomorrow for a holiday and won't be back for a few weeks. So I won't be able to update the thread.

But keep the tips/tricks/TIL/advice coming in! ^^

If there are any disputes about anything in the thread, talk it out! Everyone learns something new when we're all talking and discussing theories :)

EDIT: I have not updated the original post to reflect the last two pages of tips! If your tip isn't in the OP it's not because it's not "good enough" or whatever, it's just that I've had no time. I'll update the thread when I can, three weeks from now ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 2:39am | Report
Always keep bot lane hard pushed. It's easier to get baron, if enemies has to run in base to block minions.. I think the games are won by bot lane, not for the usual mid.
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 11:05am | Report
Kuukai85 wrote:

Always keep bot lane hard pushed. It's easier to get baron, if enemies has to run in base to block minions.. I think the games are won by bot lane, not for the usual mid.

Not exactly...a good roaming from mid to bot lane can set the lane to your favor or against you, and even if you win bot lane hard and your top/mid lose badly then they will shut you down hard in teamfights in most cases.
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 11:11am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Know when to play X champion and not Y champion:

Do your best to synergize with your team and pick according to their picks in champion select.

For example: If you are jungling and you see that your team lacks initiation / CC, pick Nautilus or a similar jungler in terms of utility, not Shaco.

Beware: Stay within your comfort zone, if you're not confident with a certain champion, there's no need to pick him no matter the utility it can bring to the team.

This is something a lot of people can't understand, a lot of games are won from the champion selection screen.

For example lets say enemy team picks Draven and an agressive support so i pick Caitlyn to try to harass him and stay out of his range since theres no way ure beating him early. Why the **** would you pick Leona then? You can't even try to fight him so why an agressive engage support instead of someone that can sustain/harass like Lulu or Sona...?

Yup I had this yesteday...
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Kykz4
<Member>
Kykz4's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 8:06am | Report
After pushing a turret,go and recall immediately because enemy chaps will come rush in to the lane that you pushed.It can prevent you from being killed.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Idk if anyone has said anything yet, but i'll put it out there.

Teamwork/Frustration
When playing with others we all have that one moment in a game, were its like "OMG BADDIE STOP PLAYING" moment. Even if you are the calmest person it just shows up some times, especially in rank when you expect everyone to be good. Playing this game with others, that are strangers and not your friends, can be really frustrating because they might not know as much/be as good as you. However yelling at them will do nothing for you and will probably just result in them reporting you for verbal abuse. Instead of yelling at your teammates try to talk to them, and point out things they might need to wok on. Yes this can be hard, when your team/person is doing bad, but its better to do this for it will only raise your moral and help you achieve victory. Instead of being frustrated with that person, just focus on your own gameplay and work to improve.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2013 2:25am | Report
Why Isn't this Stickied?
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 10:54am | Report
lot of good advice. i will try to pick areas that have not been pointed out already by people with far more experience in this game than myself.

1) picking a role/champ: as a new player coming into league you might have preconceived notions as to what roll you want and what champ you think will fit you best; however, you can't know this until you have tried all roles and as many champs as possible. many of those preconceived notions will be overturned through playing a champ or role you never thought you would try and you find that you much better than you have been. Keep an open mind as much as possible and try as many champs and roles with those champs as you can. your preferred role/champ may even change as your skill level increases so keep trying new things.

2) toxic behavior: toxic behavior is abundant in LoL due to the maturity level of the majority of LoL community. this is true at all elo (i am not 100% on that but based on the high level streams i have watched as well as comments from higher elo players on moba i have seen toxicity at all levels of play). you are better off ignoring toxic comments and remarks and continue to perform your role in the game than letting the toxicity make you become toxic yourself. try responding with overbearing kindness or simply not responding at all. feeding the fire will only make the fire grow and become worse.

obviously my points are rather long. feel free to edit/cut/add...whatever...also feel free to disregard them all together.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 12:37pm | Report
If an enemy jungler falls behind, KEEP HIM BEHIND.
Examples:
He lost double buffs early for whatever reason, ward his jungle and kill him at wraiths. Also keep track of his buffs and contest them. Shaco <3
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide