Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Percentage kill system!!!

Creator: MrCuddowls July 31, 2012 9:27am
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:10pm | Report
MrCuddowls. Breath deep. Exhale. Breath deep again. Exhale.

The truth is that before you are level 30ty you live in a very strange version of League of Legends. Teamcomps don't exist, farming is a foreign concept, and pub stomping is the normal. Since your level 25 its safe for us to assume your overall game knowledge has come from this insane bracket, thus having little merit in the 30+ ocean above.

Why does this matter? It matters because you have suggested a rather large change to the current system without any real knowledge/merit to fall back on.

MrCuddowls wrote:
I get 40 kills per game anyway when playing an ad carry

Quotes like this seal your fate. Do you really think you will continue to get 40ty kills every game? Do you think your at the end of the Lol skill curve?

Let me answer for you, your not. You have hardly begun my friend. When you hit 30ty and dive into the sea of players and matches you will realize the difference. When you do, come back to us and share you experiences. I would love to be proven wrong!
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:17pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

This comment actually made me very angry
Who the **** are you to tell me that im bad and play a monstrous amount of bot games
because i don't
Unlike most people who play games Very impulsively and don't think much of strategy
I Have a calculator open all the time and i look into the numbers
i also look into war strategies and other techniques that will give me insight into playing with an advantage.
You should also realize that when i say 40 kill, i mean at MAX 40 i usually don't get past 36.
Im not some ****ing noob who plays games casually nor am i some ****in respect *****
i don't care if people think im lying or think i don't deserve "respect"
I can Guarantee that all the games were legitimate with only less then 10 being bot games
the only time i played bot games was to check out a new champ or test a new build
tbh i don't get how 130 wins at level 25 is special
DO PEOPLE SUCK THAT MUCH

sorry to double post and feed the trolls but I have two things to add to this fight. First Jeffy your wrong (OH **** I WENT THERE) but bot games dont caount as wins and I had about 120 wins when I hit 30. And to the OP. Jeffy is right. I recently hit 30 and the games are so much different. Way more competetive, better teams and players. And honestly less ragers and people who yell KS NOOB. Are they gone...no, but jeffy is right but he did it in a kind of mean way tbh.

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:24pm | Report
Co-op vs AI definitely gives experience. And a recorded/quantifiable number of wins. Is it shared in your overall W/L for normal games? Nope. He can have 130 games total, but as far as I know, if you play normals and win a majority of them, you can hit level 30 right around 70 games. Having upwards of 130 wins and not being 30, sounds fishy.

Sure I could be wrong, infallibility is not on my resume, however calling what I deem to be ******** is.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:28pm | Report
What do you mean by your "ratio" is 5? KD ratio? That doesn't matter at all. You even said that you have way more losses than wins, which solidifies the point that you aren't too strong of a player yet or else that wouldn't be the case.

JEFF and everyone else here is right, but if you don't want to listen to him because he is a "1200 Elo noob" (which is pure irony considering you are probably below 1000 Elo in normal games and are level 25, whereas he has been playing this game for a while and is at a ~1400-1500 Elo level), then listen to me, a gold player last season and currently sitting at 1535 Elo; they are right. This is pointless and not "simple" to implement...this would be near impossible to code, actually. At your level of play people may not understand how the kill system works, which is why there are so many complaints about killsteals. As long as someone on the team gets the kill, it is a benefit to your team; however, generally you want the carries to net the kills, whereas the jungler (if a tanky one and not a DPS jungle) and support try to leave the kills for the carries. Although this is not the case for you most often at your level, it would be pointless to change the game for newer players when experienced players know how to work with the system properly. As you said so yourself, you have seen supports leave you kills, which is why you got "over 40 kills". Well, with your system implemented, this wouldn't happen -- you'd be surprised, especially early game, how much creeps and supports can factor into the kills of an AD carry. What happens if you kill someone who got hit a few times by the turret, or drew creep aggro? Do the turrets get gold?

As you play with more experienced players, you will notice that the carries will more often than not have the higher amount of kills just because their team is letting him have it -- the more gold on the carry, the better. However, even an assist, EVEN if the kill goes to the support (hardly ever does though, since most supports have extremely low kill potential), it is still worth it -- you still gain gold. Generally, at lower levels, other carries on your team (AP, AD) will "killsteal" purely because they have a lot of DPS and kill potential -- if you are a carry and got "KSed" by a carry, the gold is still going to the right place -- the carry.

The system is fine how it is now, the only thing that annoys me a bit is the assist gold pool, 88 gold for a 3 man kill on one person worth 300 is kind of annoying...but makes sense :P

Also, the enemy's kill amount does not go down when you get more kills, it goes down when they die more. On the flip side, the higher the killstreak an enemy gets, the more gold they are worth. A 0-0 enemy is worth 300, a 0-1 is worth ~277, a 1-0 is ~330. Assists and kills refresh the gold count to 300 if the enemy is dying. It may seem to you that the enemy is worth less when you have "40 kills" purely because they are dying a lot; however, this is not always the definite case (although oftentimes if you are owning, people will be dying a lot ^^)

Also, keep in mind, an average 300 gold kill is worth the same amount of gold as around ~12 cs. As long as you practice getting last hits and keeping a high CS, another thing carries are very good at doing since they have a lot of DPS, you will get a lot more gold than you will from a "KSed" kill or two or three. Not saying you should ONLY farm and ignore your team, but, especially in laning phase, farm is extremely important, ESPECIALLY on the AD and AP carries.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:32pm | Report

Co-op vs AI definitely gives experience. And a recorded/quantifiable number of wins. Is it shared in your overall W/L for normal games? Nope. He can have 130 games total, but as far as I know, if you play normals and win a majority of them, you can hit level 30 right around 70 games. Having upwards of 130 wins and not being 30, sounds fishy.

Sure I could be wrong, infallibility is not on my resume, however calling what I deem to be ******** is.

Nah, Syther is right here. CO OP vs AI wins show when you Q in a premade (in the lobby), since that accrues all of your wins together; but this guy has ~130 normal 5v5 wins.

People with under 100 wins and 30 used XP boosts, and a lot of them.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:34pm | Report
Totally forgot people pay money in this game /sarcasm
DuskToGlory
<Member>
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:36pm | Report

CO OP vs AI wins show when you Q in a premade (in the lobby), since that accrues all of your wins together;

Actually it only accrues pvp wins, SR TT and Dominion

Thanks to WOMBO for the sig.

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? Do my actions please you?
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:40pm | Report
Oh? Well then ;o

OH ya that's another way ppl have ~70 wins and 30 -- lots of CO OP :3

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:50pm | Report

What do you mean by your "ratio" is 5? KD ratio? That doesn't matter at all. You even said that you have way more losses than wins, which solidifies the point that you aren't too strong of a player yet or else that wouldn't be the case.

JEFF and everyone else here is right, but if you don't want to listen to him because he is a "1200 Elo noob" (which is pure irony considering you are probably below 1000 Elo in normal games and are level 25, whereas he has been playing this game for a while and is at a ~1400-1500 Elo level), then listen to me, a gold player last season and currently sitting at 1535 Elo; they are right. This is pointless and not "simple" to implement...this would be near impossible to code, actually. At your level of play people may not understand how the kill system works, which is why there are so many complaints about killsteals. As long as someone on the team gets the kill, it is a benefit to your team; however, generally you want the carries to net the kills, whereas the jungler (if a tanky one and not a DPS jungle) and support try to leave the kills for the carries. Although this is not the case for you most often at your level, it would be pointless to change the game for newer players when experienced players know how to work with the system properly. As you said so yourself, you have seen supports leave you kills, which is why you got "over 40 kills". Well, with your system implemented, this wouldn't happen -- you'd be surprised, especially early game, how much creeps and supports can factor into the kills of an AD carry. What happens if you kill someone who got hit a few times by the turret, or drew creep aggro? Do the turrets get gold?

As you play with more experienced players, you will notice that the carries will more often than not have the higher amount of kills just because their team is letting him have it -- the more gold on the carry, the better. However, even an assist, EVEN if the kill goes to the support (hardly ever does though, since most supports have extremely low kill potential), it is still worth it -- you still gain gold. Generally, at lower levels, other carries on your team (AP, AD) will "killsteal" purely because they have a lot of DPS and kill potential -- if you are a carry and got "KSed" by a carry, the gold is still going to the right place -- the carry.

The system is fine how it is now, the only thing that annoys me a bit is the assist gold pool, 88 gold for a 3 man kill on one person worth 300 is kind of annoying...but makes sense :P

Also, the enemy's kill amount does not go down when you get more kills, it goes down when they die more. On the flip side, the higher the killstreak an enemy gets, the more gold they are worth. A 0-0 enemy is worth 300, a 0-1 is worth ~277, a 1-0 is ~330. Assists and kills refresh the gold count to 300 if the enemy is dying. It may seem to you that the enemy is worth less when you have "40 kills" purely because they are dying a lot; however, this is not always the definite case (although oftentimes if you are owning, people will be dying a lot ^^)

Also, keep in mind, an average 300 gold kill is worth the same amount of gold as around ~12 cs. As long as you practice getting last hits and keeping a high CS, another thing carries are very good at doing since they have a lot of DPS, you will get a lot more gold than you will from a "KSed" kill or two or three. Not saying you should ONLY farm and ignore your team, but, especially in laning phase, farm is extremely important, ESPECIALLY on the AD and AP carries.

NO its not KD Ratio
This ratio is your level Before level 30
And how many times it goes into your wins
I strive for a 4 Ratio
Im level 25 with 130 Wins
130/25 = 5.2
That is a little more than 5 that is what i meant by ratio

I also want to add that my CS during games is crazy
I get around Double my enemy's CS when my enemy is especially good
Matchmaking has taken a turn and has recently begun Putting me with skilled players
so my cs isn't as high anymore
But my point is
I always practice last hitting and i always Deny the enemy No matter what lane i am in
The only times this doesnt work is when the teammate im laning with is getting the last hts before me
Which is very very annoying since i usually lane with supports
Please dont underestimate me
I understand the game quite well and i am very Strategic when it comes to palying
Even though the rest of my team usually isnt
I end up getting my entire team mad at me because i keep requesting them call mia or give me the kill but they simply dont do so
Which does Put the team at a slight disadvantage
But anyway
My point is
Im not an idiot
I know what last hitting is
i know what denying is
I know that having a high cs is very important
and i know that it is best for the ad carry to get the kills
The stuff you explained is All stuff i have experienced in my 130 wins
And NUMEROUS Losses
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 6:02pm | Report
well, these bad teammates will start to fade away as you get higher in level.

Also, no one EVER uses that ratio, I'm pretty sure you came up with it yourself...level can be affected by multiple things including CO OPs and XP boosts.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide