Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Playing unranked games is so boring. x.o

Creator: Considereth March 24, 2011 6:45pm
1 2 3
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 6:45pm | Report
Their is no competition in normal, none. Nobody is trying hard, they are just trying new champions. I do not enjoy winning a normal game even when I hard carry and go 10/2 or something along these lines. Its so damn boring. How do people enjoy this? I basically just troll in normals and don't try at all because it isn't worth trying in. I feel like its pointless to play any of my mains in normal. Their is nothing to lose, nothing. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Btw, I've been playing ranked 5v5 with some friends. We need to get the concert of a roamer. Can anyone explain what they should be doing beside ganking lanes, like which champions are good at roaming aside from alistar/taric. Should they buy gold per sec items like heart of gold?

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:03pm | Report

Their is no competition in normal, none. Nobody is trying hard, they are just trying new champions. I do not enjoy winning a normal game even when I hard carry and go 10/2 or something along these lines. Its so damn boring. How do people enjoy this? I basically just troll in normals and don't try at all because it isn't worth trying in. I feel like its pointless to play any of my mains in normal. Their is nothing to lose, nothing. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Btw, I've been playing ranked 5v5 with some friends. We need to get the concert of a roamer. Can anyone explain what they should be doing beside ganking lanes, like which champions are good at roaming aside from alistar/taric. Should they buy gold per sec items like heart of gold?

I like normal because even though I can look at my win/loss ratio and feel satisfaction in my gaining invisible elo, I don't feel horribly destroyed when I lose. Also, I don't feel like I have to be incredibly prepared for normal games - i can just wing it.

To answer your 2nd question: Roamers should be trying their best to gank lanes consistently, but if there's not much gank opportunity they should return to their lane for a short period of time, so they aren't horribly underlevel. Also, roamers should be grabbing the smaller creep camps on occasion - when your jungler is out ganking, maybe grab the wolves or the mini golems (the wraiths should be left to your mid-laner). Janna and Zilean are the best roamers (aside from alistar/taric), but any champion that doesn't need a whole lot of farm and has some good CC can roam. Singed can be a potent roamer, and I'd imagine maokai is a good roamer. Evelynn is a good roamer (but most of her roaming time should be devoted to counter-jungling). Blitz seems like he could be a good roamer, but idk.

Gold per second items are no more necessary on roamers than they are on other champions. If you're going to build shurelia's reverie on alistar, get philosopher's stone first. If you're going to build a deathfire grasp on evelynn, build a kage's lucky pick first. Don't build it if you're not going to build it into its larger recipe. Buying a per-gold item and selling it later might actually gimp you, unless you keep it for a long long time.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:16pm | Report
I like Normals because I don't like taking risks when something is actually on the line. If I rank queued more often I may/may not have higher ELO than I currently do, but I'm feeling nice and comfortable playing in Normal queue cause I'm having fun. Games are less tryhard, although personally, I've been trying to force myself to play ranked queue when I have to solo queue. Although at that point I just head off to play Starcraft.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:31pm | Report
I'm really wary about playing ranked at the moment - within my first 10 games, I know that rating really depends on me winning a lot early on.

What I do is I play a normal game first to determine if I'm having a good day or not - if not, then I'll probably skip trying to do ranked for the day.

Normal is generally a less "tryhard" atmosphere, and a lot of people like that - there are still really good normal game players though.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:34pm | Report
I honestly feel that the competition in normal games is higher than in ranked. You get so many less people who have no idea what they are doing. Maybe this is because my normal hidden elo is higher than my ranked or something, but this is my experience. I love the whole competitive draft mode aspect to ranked games but some players are just so bad and don't know how to make good team comps.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
RoosterBomb
<Member>
RoosterBomb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 10:01pm | Report
I feel like theres so much competition in normal, i mean i get people cussing at me because i go clear a creep instead of pushing a turret. But idk if thats competitiveness or just being a meanie :p
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 10:09pm | Report
If you think it's boring, go play ARAM.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2011 2:06am | Report

I feel like theres so much competition in normal, i mean i get people cussing at me because i go clear a creep instead of pushing a turret. But idk if thats competitiveness or just being a meanie :p

Maybe you should have pushed the turret :P

That being said, maybe it's my ELO, but I get better players in normal games thank ranked. Sad truth.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2011 2:38am | Report
I am playing 95% of games on normal lately.

I got fed up with that "competitive" **** that is going around. Ppl failing bigtime and it is never their fault, flaming flaming flaming.

Normals are ofc easier but also more player friendly and you have more fun with those. And you can play with 4 friends instead of taking a random 5 to do full 5v5 ranked.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2011 2:41am | Report
normal better to play with friends who like to have fun n shout over vent :D ...

if u really wana win rank games get a good team .. be serious ...
:D n play n win

Ps if u get bored of both play ARAM or custom match challenge one v one :P ...

have fun
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide